Windows 10: Lost the function of the Virus scanning in Windows Defender

Discus and support Lost the function of the Virus scanning in Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just install Microsoft Office 365 under my university account. Apparently, after I installed the Microsoft Office, the virus scanning function in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Belle_00, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Belle_00 Win User

Lost the function of the Virus scanning in Windows Defender

I just install Microsoft Office 365 under my university account. Apparently, after I installed the Microsoft Office, the virus scanning function in Windows Defender just seem magically disappear since I cannot found that function anymore. Also, every time I tried to figure out what happen, they just ask me to call for the IT support which I really do not know how to do it. I do not want to install any kind of other types of virus protection and malware since I am quite a trauma on what happen on my last computer after I install it. The store is closed during this season which means that it is hard to get help about this.

Lost the function of the Virus scanning in Windows Defender 3c7be3f0-2bc8-4d40-9108-6d621696964d?upload=true.png

:)

Belle_00, Apr 18, 2020
  2. oemSoft Win User

How to scan anti-virus with windows Defender?

For windows 10, I would like to know on how to scan anti-virus with windows Defender, when I select a file and right click, there is no anti-virus for scanning for windows defender and how to make windows defender update automatically?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

oemSoft, Apr 18, 2020
  3. initiating a virus scan with windows defender on Windows 10

• Open Windows Defender Security Center.
    • Click on Virus & threat protection.
    • Click on Quick Scan or see Advanced Scan.

If you don't see the Windows Defender icon in the Notification Area of the Taskbar, add it.

Windows Defender Notification Area Icon - Hide or Show in Windows 10

Hide or Show Windows Security Notification Area Icon in Windows 10

Bruce Hagen, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Lost the function of the Virus scanning in Windows Defender

defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Lost the function of the Virus scanning in Windows Defender

1. Lost the function of the Virus scanning in Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Lost function Virus

2. Can I schedule a virus scan on Defender?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I schedule a virus scan on Defender?: Can I schedule a virus scan through Defender? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-schedule-a-virus-scan-on-defender/4565ea64-c4be-4ef0-905e-7ee0219ae6d8
  3. Can I schedule a virus scan on Defender?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I schedule a virus scan on Defender?: Can I schedule a virus scan through Defender? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-schedule-a-virus-scan-on-defender/4565ea64-c4be-4ef0-905e-7ee0219ae6d8
  4. Can I schedule a virus scan on Defender?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Mcafee virus scan and windows defender are not working together

Mcafee virus scan and windows defender are not working together: Virus and threat production saying Mcafee virus scan is snozeed.How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mcafee-virus-scan-and-windows-defender-are-not/ca7a7fe4-6190-44d6-acbd-edbea591ba9f"
  6. How to scan anti-virus with windows Defender?

How to scan anti-virus with windows Defender?: For windows 10, I would like to know on how to scan anti-virus with windows Defender, when I select a file and right click, there is no anti-virus for scanning for windows defender and how to make windows defender update automatically? Does anyone have any suggestions?...
  7. Defender virus scan

Defender virus scan: When I try to scan in Windows Defender, I get a notice in red: "Your Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization." What does this mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-virus-scan/91a276bf-4e55-434a-81f5-6a85212ee6d7"
  8. defender virus scanning not work why?

defender virus scanning not work why?: defender virus scanning not work why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/defender-virus-scanning-not-work-why/1e1e885f-ff9e-4e5c-b7a9-e5eeb0c3cae8
  9. Windows Defender stopped scanning / updating virus definitions

Windows Defender stopped scanning / updating virus definitions: Hello everybody, My Windows Defender stopped scanning / updating virus definitions, I've had to do these things manually since the Win 10 April 2018 upgrade. Re-installed the whole Win 10, didn't fix the problem. Today I completed the Win 10 October 2018 upgrade....
  10. Scanning for viruses with Windows Defender by command line

Scanning for viruses with Windows Defender by command line: Hi! I know that Windows Defender allows to scan for viruses by command line. I'm using it not for simple problem - after scan (?) it closes console and I see result not. I'm using this command: "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -Scan -ScanType 3 -File...