Windows 10: Lost the onwer and permission after the user save the files

Discus and support Lost the onwer and permission after the user save the files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We have some issues when the users access the files, change and save, we lost the onwer, to solve the issues I need to put the onwer for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Irapuam Oliveira, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Lost the onwer and permission after the user save the files

We have some issues when the users access the files, change and save, we lost the onwer, to solve the issues I need to put the onwer for the administrators group and disable and enable the inheritance in the FS Windows Server 2016.

All windows client is 10 Pro.

Normally the problem happend when the user use the quick access.

Thank you,

:)

Irapuam Oliveira, Apr 14, 2021

2. Permissions to save updated files denied

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to perform the below given steps and check if it resolve the permission issue.

• Right click on the file and click on Properties.
    • Click on Security, check Owner should be "SYSTEM" in
      Advance tab.
    • Now check the save for C:\Users\<username>
    • Owner should also be "SYSTEM"
    • Check the users you signed into windows as (should be your Microsoft account) should be in the "Permissions entries" list with "Full Contol"
    • If not, Add the user you are logged in as.
    • All the folders and sub-folders below should be "owned" by the user you are logged into windows with
      importantly, have a permissions entry for "full control"
    • Check for all the related folder where you are getting same error, but for some reason that same user is missing a "Permission Entry". Add a "full control" entry for the user and you should be able to save to that folder
      and all sub-folders
    Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Apr 14, 2021
  3. PERMISSION to ACCESS or SAVE FILES

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I would like to know if your computer is connected to a domain network.

I suggest you to login with Microsoft account and check. If the issue still persist, follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Method 2:

• Press Windows logo key + R key.
    • Type Netplwiz.
    • Find the User account in which the issue persist.
    • Click Properties button.
    • Go to Group Membership Tab
    • Choose Administrator.
    • Click on Apply and Ok button.
    • Sign out and Sign in from the use account.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Apr 14, 2021
  4. scopio Win User

Lost the onwer and permission after the user save the files

File permissions for another user

Still no joy. Test User can still write to the file. *Sad
    This are the steps I have done;

1. Created file in User account
    2. Copied file to Test User account
    3. Signed into Test User account
    4. Right click file
    5. Properties > Security > Edit > Add Test User > Allow Read > Deny Write > Advanced > Change Owner to Administrators > To Remove User account had to disable inheritance which removed all accounts except Test User and Administrator
    6. Test User can still write to the file!!

Lost the onwer and permission after the user save the files [​IMG]

Still stuck. Test User still has full control of the file, he can write, modify, cut, copy, paste in fact as if the permissions had not been changed. *Confused
    Administrators permissions

scopio, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

Lost the onwer and permission after the user save the files

1. Lost the onwer and permission after the user save the files - Similar Threads - Lost onwer permission

2. user file permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    user file permissions: Hi,I have a senior to a user access to a specific file share folder.The permissions: a user U1, who is in a group G1 have access to a file F1, F1 folder have subfolders with inheritance permissions from F1.The Goal: is to let U1 user access to only 2 subfolders within F1...
  3. user file permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    user file permissions: Hi,I have a senior to a user access to a specific file share folder.The permissions: a user U1, who is in a group G1 have access to a file F1, F1 folder have subfolders with inheritance permissions from F1.The Goal: is to let U1 user access to only 2 subfolders within F1...
  4. user file permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. File lost that was saved on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File lost that was saved on OneDrive: Hi, I had a file that was saved in my One Drive folder and although I have saved my previous versions of it, all of a sudden the file is back to the original version created on the day I created the file with no previous versions that I can access whatsoever. I checked my one...
  6. File lost that was saved on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File lost that was saved on OneDrive: Hi, I had a file that was saved in my One Drive folder and although I have saved my previous versions of it, all of a sudden the file is back to the original version created on the day I created the file with no previous versions that I can access whatsoever. I checked my one...
  7. Permissions Issue when Saving Files Permissions are fine

Permissions Issue when Saving Files Permissions are fine: Good MorningI have a PC specific issue which is doing my head in! Was wondering if anyone is able to help.The symptoms:Saving any file to the local PC is fineSaving any file to a network share on multiple file servers brings up an error message: \\path to network shareYou...
  8. Lost Admin permissions to only user

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost Admin permissions to only user: I made a mistake that I am most certainly not proud of. Without paying much attention which is why you maybe shouldn't do things like this late at night... I change my account to only be a part of the User group, thus losing Admin privileges. Considering this is the only user...
  9. File access lost (Administrator account) while denying permissions to users.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File access lost (Administrator account) while denying permissions to users.: I share my computer with my brother, I have some business files which I do not want him to get access to. I am the admin and he has his own local User account and my business folder is in the Local Drive. I found out that I can 'deny' file permissions and foolishly denied...
  10. Lost file after ‘save as’

Lost file after ‘save as’: Ive lost a file that i opened and had been adding a lot of text to today. I was relying on auto save but not actually pressing save until i finished it and then tried to save it as a new title ‘save as’. Closed the file so that i could email it and then when to attach it to...