Windows 10: Lost the Skydrive Folder on my PC with all my photos!

Discus and support Lost the Skydrive Folder on my PC with all my photos! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have up until recently been saving all of my photos onto Skydrive. However, since I signed into Onedrive the folder has disappeared and I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VanessaMarshall, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Lost the Skydrive Folder on my PC with all my photos!

Hi, I have up until recently been saving all of my photos onto Skydrive. However, since I signed into Onedrive the folder has disappeared and I can't find them including my wedding photos. How can I retrieve the photos that were saved to Skydrive?

Thanks

Vanessa

:)

VanessaMarshall, Aug 28, 2020
  2. Nate W.H. Win User

SKYDRIVE PHOTOS

Hi bunny0916,

Thank you for posting to the Microsoft Community. I'm not sure if you're trying to save the photos to SkyDrive from the phone; or if you're trying to save them using your PC.

If you're trying to save the photos from your phone to SkyDrive so you can view and download them from your PC, you can find detailed information on how to do so at

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/how-to/wp8/photos/automatically-save-the-photos-and-videos-you-take-to-skydrive
    . For your convenience these steps are as follows:

• In the App list, tap Photos
      Lost the Skydrive Folder on my PC with all my photos! start-icon-pictures.png

• Tap More
      Lost the Skydrive Folder on my PC with all my photos! basic-icon-ellipses.png
      , and then tap Settings.

• Under Auto upload, tap SkyDrive.

• Under Photos or Videos, tap the upload type you want: Good quality for lower
      resolution or Best quality for full resolution.

Notes

• If you choose Good quality, your photos or videos may be uploaded to SkyDrive using your cellular data plan (if you connect
      to a Wi-Fi network
      , they'll be uploaded over Wi-Fi). If you choose Best quality, your photos and videos will only be uploaded when you're connected to a Wi-Fi network.
    • To turn on auto-uploading for any apps you've installed that have uploading capability, under Auto upload, tap Apps (if you don't have any
      such apps installed, you'll be able to search for some in the Store).

If you're trying to upload photos from your PC to SkyDrive to have access to them on your phone, you should be able to upload the photos to your Microsoft Account at
    Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online..

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or run in to any issues.

Regards,

Nate W.H., Aug 28, 2020
  3. Skydrive Photo Folder

The Orange Office tile only has access to the folders that are labeled with the type "Documents" on Skydrive, because the Office products on your phone can only open documents. Your photo folders on Skydrive can be viewed through the Photos hub on your phone.
    In the seperate SkyDrive app, you have access to all of the files because it just directs the app to open the correct viewer for the file type.

Queen_Ladybug, Aug 28, 2020
  4. nijomo Win User

Lost the Skydrive Folder on my PC with all my photos!

Photos taken on Lumia 820 aren't appearing on Skydrive folder on PC

I have a Lumia 820, and until recently have been able to view photos that I take on it from the Skydrive folder on my PC's windows explorer (not on the Skydrive website - that works fine). However, it has stopped updating new photos. I haven't changed
    any settings - the phone says it's updating to Skydrive as normal, and it is to the website, just not to my PC folder.
    Any ideas?
    THANKS

Nick

nijomo, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Lost the Skydrive Folder on my PC with all my photos!

1. Lost the Skydrive Folder on my PC with all my photos! - Similar Threads - Lost Skydrive Folder

2. Tag all my photos with the name of their folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tag all my photos with the name of their folder: I have a photo archive dating back many years totaling 150 GB where the photos are arranged in folders according to years and locations. This archive is stored on my OneDrive. Is there a way to give each photo a tag that equals its folder name, either using a script or a 3rd...
  3. Tag all my photos with the name of their folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tag all my photos with the name of their folder: I have a photo archive dating back many years totaling 150 GB where the photos are arranged in folders according to years and locations. This archive is stored on my OneDrive. Is there a way to give each photo a tag that equals its folder name, either using a script or a 3rd...
  4. My Samsung Note 10 phone used to sync camera photos to my Skydrive folder. But now it syncs...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Samsung Note 10 phone used to sync camera photos to my Skydrive folder. But now it syncs...: My Samsung Note 10 phone used to sync camera photos to my Skydrive folder. But now it syncs to OneDrive Photos. Why do my pictures no longer sync into the Skydrive folder?...
  5. My Samsung Note 10 phone used to sync camera photos to my Skydrive folder. But now it syncs...

My Samsung Note 10 phone used to sync camera photos to my Skydrive folder. But now it syncs...: My Samsung Note 10 phone used to sync camera photos to my Skydrive folder. But now it syncs to OneDrive Photos. Why do my pictures no longer sync into the Skydrive folder?...
  6. Lost my folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost my folder: I was transferring my photos from my android to windows. I cut and pasted photos in one folder from my phone to laptop and it was successful but after that while trying to transfer the remaining videos to the same folder some error came and the videos were not transferred and...
  7. Skydrive and OneDrive double folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Skydrive and OneDrive double folder: Hi, i set up a new Machine and updated to the latest version. Windows 10 home This created a Skydrive folder which I pointed to O: Onedrive from the old harddisk i reused. Now i have a Skydrive folder syncronised with the cloud. And in the that Skydrive there is another...
  8. In Onedrive cloud all my photos have lost the folder hierarchy

in Windows 10 Support
    In Onedrive cloud all my photos have lost the folder hierarchy: Hi Newbie here after searching for help on your forum. I am running window 10 ver. 1903 64 bit. I had all of my photos in the Pictures folder on my PC in in seperate folders showing when they were taken and location for retrieval purposes. I decided to use Onedrive to...
  9. I've lost 99 % of all my photos

I've lost 99 % of all my photos: help.. I've lost 99 % of all my photos..wen I opened windows photo app this morning a few pics left but most are just empty boxes with a cloud icon ..cant find a a way to recover them .. any ideas plz..also I have the old picasa 3 installed and all my pics have gone from...
  10. Please help. Accidentally undid a new folder and lost all my photos

in Windows 10 Support
    Please help. Accidentally undid a new folder and lost all my photos: I had recently taken all the photos off of my phone to put into a folder on my PC when I was done I right clicked and for some reason clicked undo new. I tried Ctrl+y and Ctrl+Z no luck. I tried restoring previous version on the file and no luck. I checked my recycle bin and...