Windows 10: Lost the sound.

Discus and support Lost the sound. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After installing Windows 10,for some reason I have no sound to my monitor speakers. I upgraded from Windows 7 where there were no problems.When I open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Terrysutt, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Terrysutt Win User

Lost the sound.

After installing Windows 10,for some reason I have no sound to my monitor speakers.
    I upgraded from Windows 7 where there were no problems.When I open Device Manager/
    Audio inputs and outputs.click on speakers it says "this device is working properly".On trying
    the Test button it lights up Green but still no sound.Can anyone help?
    Regards.

:)

Terrysutt, Oct 14, 2015

2. Lost all sound even the sound of the system, I have to keep restart or shut down my laptop to get the sound back.

Hi Mitsuki,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the issue that you are currently facing, we will try the best we can to resolve your issue.

I suggest you to run hardware troubleshooter
    on the computer and check if that helps you:

• Press Windows and X key together and select Control Panel.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all option on the left side of the Windows.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices
      option.
    • Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions to troubleshoot the issue.
    I suggest you to follow the below link and check if it helps:

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

You may also refer this Microsoft article and check if it helps.

No sound in Windows - Windows Help

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Oct 14, 2015
  3. MitsukiVk Win User
    Lost all sound even the sound of the system, I have to keep restart or shut down my laptop to get the sound back.

I would always have the problem of the sound system with my Wins 10. Sometimes it would lost all sound even the sound of the system, I have to keep restart or shut down my laptop to get the sound back.

Lately I find that when I connected to XiaoMi Box for extend projection I totally lost the sound on my laptop but it appear in the TV. Back then I could still have the sound when I connected to XiaoMi Box now I get it very often.

MitsukiVk, Oct 14, 2015
  4. fireberd Win User

Lost the sound.

What is listed as the sound drivers? The generic Windows installed "High Defintion Audio" or the actual sound hardware driver (e.g. Realtek, Conexant, etc)?

If its the High Definition Audio, you need to try and find the correct sound hardware driver. Win 7 driver is not compatible but a Win 8.1 driver will be.

fireberd, Oct 14, 2015
  5. dalchina New Member
    Hi, as fireberd suggests, you may need to use an older driver. If that works, you would have to protect it from Windows updating it.
    Windows Updates - Hide or Show in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Presumably you've checked, for example, nothing is muted:
    rt click the volume icon on the task bar, Open Volume Mixer, and checked no speaker icon is muted.

dalchina, Oct 15, 2015
  6. Terrysutt Win User
    Thank you for the replies fireberd and dalchina,no,the speaker icon was on full.My drivers are for
    VIA HD AUDIO but I did notice some new icons, I presume from an automatic update so I re-started
    the computer and it was all working again.
    Until the next time!

Terrysutt, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Lost the sound.

1. Lost the sound. - Similar Threads - Lost sound

2. I’ve lost all audio on my hp envy 360 laptop. If I restart it it sounds comes back for a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I’ve lost all audio on my hp envy 360 laptop. If I restart it it sounds comes back for a...: Need help getting audio back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-lost-all-audio-on-my-hp-envy-360-laptop-if-i/0b41fc4d-13bf-4709-963a-82776c5a884b
  3. I’ve lost all audio on my hp envy 360 laptop. If I restart it it sounds comes back for a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I’ve lost all audio on my hp envy 360 laptop. If I restart it it sounds comes back for a...: Need help getting audio back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-lost-all-audio-on-my-hp-envy-360-laptop-if-i/0b41fc4d-13bf-4709-963a-82776c5a884b
  4. I’ve lost all audio on my hp envy 360 laptop. If I restart it it sounds comes back for a...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. lost volume device, can not find it, have no sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost volume device, can not find it, have no sound: I click something on the volume site and lost the app for device. Can not find the device to turn my volume back on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-volume-device-can-not-find-it-have-no-sound/490ca2a0-02fa-4862-8002-04f88a5e9847
  6. lost volume device, can not find it, have no sound

lost volume device, can not find it, have no sound: I click something on the volume site and lost the app for device. Can not find the device to turn my volume back on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-volume-device-can-not-find-it-have-no-sound/490ca2a0-02fa-4862-8002-04f88a5e9847
  7. Since I started using external speakers, I have lost all sound from the PC speakers? Why...

Since I started using external speakers, I have lost all sound from the PC speakers? Why...: Since I have started plugging external speakers into the PC, the sound has gone from my PC when the speakersare not plugged in. Why is this?Can you help me restore the sound onto my PC please when NOT using the external speakers...
  8. Since I started using external speakers, I have lost all sound from the PC speakers? Why...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since I started using external speakers, I have lost all sound from the PC speakers? Why...: Since I have started plugging external speakers into the PC, the sound has gone from my PC when the speakersare not plugged in. Why is this?Can you help me restore the sound onto my PC please when NOT using the external speakers...
  9. Since I started using external speakers, I have lost all sound from the PC speakers? Why...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. I have lost sound on my lenovo

I have lost sound on my lenovo: I have lost sound on some video programmes on my Lenovo. Strangely, the video describing how to fix the problem has sound. An instruction video for a product repair I need to do not a laptop repair has no sound, and while watching Escape to the Country on BBC I lost sound. My...