Windows 10: lost touch screen on Dell Inspirion 5558

Discus and support lost touch screen on Dell Inspirion 5558 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My question is; How do I go about making Windows find my touch screen. Some time ago, after a Windows update, windows lost my touch screen. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JosephTogger, Jun 20, 2019.

1. lost touch screen on Dell Inspirion 5558

My question is; How do I go about making Windows find my touch screen.

Some time ago, after a Windows update, windows lost my touch screen.

I have successfully installed Windows 10, Version 1903.

My research shows that windows is looking for it as a USB input.

My device manager , Human Interface Devices, shows a hidden Hid-compliant touch screen but properties shows

"Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)

To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer."

Thanking you in advance.

Joe

:)

JosephTogger, Jun 20, 2019

2. Touch screen on Dell laptop

My touch screen feature stopped working a few days ago. The driver HID-compliant touch screen, does not appear on my device list. I cannot find it on the Dell or Windows10 driver download lists. Does it exist?

JonFrierson, Jun 20, 2019
  3. michael Win User
    Is this problem with Dell 5558/9 Laptop Matee screen?

i7 6500u 6th gen
    16GB RAM
    2TB HDD
    4GB Graphics
    15.6" FHD Screen
    Matte screen
    DVD ROM
    MAXX Audio

Please suggest me any other laptop which comes closer to this except Dell 5559, i7 and 16GB RAM is must

michael, Jun 20, 2019
  4. LijishL Win User

lost touch screen on Dell Inspirion 5558

Touch Pad not working in dell inspiron 15 5558 after windows 10 upgrade

Hi,

i have a brand new dell inspiron 15 5558 with 8GB RAM 1TB HDD, it came with windows 8.1 and i have upgraded to windows 10.

after upgrading to windows 10 the touch pad is not working , it will work for few minutes after restarting and it will stop when i double tap or automatically stops after few minutes.

i have contacted DELL and they said there is not driver required for that touch pad in windows 10 and its something related to windows 10 OS and suggested to rollback to windows 8.1 which i was not happy to do,

i am looking for a permanent solution for this issue in windows 10.

can somebody help me out on this issue

thanks in advance.

LijishL, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

lost touch screen on Dell Inspirion 5558

1. lost touch screen on Dell Inspirion 5558 - Similar Threads - lost touch screen

2. Unable to import media to Dell Inspirion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to import media to Dell Inspirion: I have an older Sony HandyCam, and I want to put a couple videos on my computer so I can share them with friends and family. I connected it to my computer via USB, and it opened the Photos app. When I went to import videos from it, the photos app just says "Please update your...
  3. Dell 5558 incompatible with Win11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell 5558 incompatible with Win11?: I have a couple 64bit Dell 5558's that I thought were Win11 compatible but the MS PC Health Check indicates that they are not.Here's what I'm see from the PC Health Check app:TPM 2.0 must be supported and enabled on this PC.TPM not detected.The processor isn't currently...
  4. Dell 5558 incompatible with Win11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell 5558 incompatible with Win11?: I have a couple 64bit Dell 5558's that I thought were Win11 compatible but the MS PC Health Check indicates that they are not.Here's what I'm see from the PC Health Check app:TPM 2.0 must be supported and enabled on this PC.TPM not detected.The processor isn't currently...
  5. Dell Inspiron 5558 stuck on start up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell Inspiron 5558 stuck on start up: Windows 10 os. When I turn it on, the dell symbol comes up then the circling dots. It takes a long time but gets to the password screen, then goes to desktop for a few seconds then black screen....
  6. Touch Screen issues on Dell Inspiron 5558 using Windows 10 v.1909

Touch Screen issues on Dell Inspiron 5558 using Windows 10 v.1909: Hello, is there an update that can fix this issue for me? I've been looking at all the tips and tricks, I've even reset my Dell to factory settings. However, it installs the latest version of Windows 10 and it doesn't allow me to use my touch screen. The ones I've seen online...
  7. Another Dell Touch screen

Another Dell Touch screen: Would it be possible to run windows 8 and 10 on dual Boot so that I can use my touch screen ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/another-dell-touch-screen/daab54ff-9e6a-4944-aa51-9b2ed7e433e3
  8. dell inspiron 5558 web cam driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dell inspiron 5558 web cam driver: Hi Microsoft. My Dell Inspiron 5558 laptop web cam drivers have been wiped out after update to 1903. The reference in Device Manager has also disappeared as well. any help to fix this problem would be most helpful...
  9. Dell inspirion 2 in 1

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell inspirion 2 in 1: So I formatted my laptop and It keeps getting stuck on the startup and keeps resetting and it won't start no matter what I do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-inspirion-2-in-1/8834a8e4-57d7-4d34-b5ce-bdf163f641a0
  10. Dell Insprion 15 5558 touchscreen lost

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Insprion 15 5558 touchscreen lost: After Windows upgrade with 1903 the system thinks my touchscreen needs to be attached to a USB port. The touchscreen worked for a year after purchase. Research shows a history of people having this problem but there is no current correcting information that helps. I have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hid-compliant touch screen driver dell inspiron 5584