Windows 10: LOST troubleshooting option, advanced settings

Discus and support LOST troubleshooting option, advanced settings in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Ok, this is one of the reasons I REALLY hate Windows 10. When I go to the RECOVERY menu get to ADVANCED SETTINGS the only option is to RESTART... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gjbnh1701, Nov 2, 2015.

1. gjbnh1701 Win User

LOST troubleshooting option, advanced settings

Ok, this is one of the reasons I REALLY hate Windows 10. When I go to the RECOVERY menu get to ADVANCED SETTINGS the only option is to RESTART NOW.......there is NO SUB-MENU to choose USB BOOT, NO CD BOOT, no option to boot into UEFI...ETC....how do I fix????

:)

gjbnh1701, Nov 2, 2015
  2. John Ado Win User

advanced options in troubleshoot missing

Got it.

We can try to bring up the advanced startup options during boot time. Press and hold the power button until it shuts down. Turn on your computer and in the middle of boot process, press and hold the power button to interrupt it. You may have
    to repeat this two or three times until you see a Please wait message on the screen.

This will trigger the advanced startup in Windows, select See advanced repair options. From the Advanced startup screen, click Troubleshoot.

Another way is it boot Windows from your installation disc or bootable USB. If you don't have one, download Windows 10 ISO files. Learn more about it

here

Share with us the results.

John Ado, Nov 2, 2015
  3. advanced options in troubleshoot missing

****-o MS Community -

I would love to "reset" Windows 10, but the only option available in "Troubleshoot" is "Turn off PC".

Is there any way to recover options in Recovery? Thanks, The

Prof From ChiTown, Nov 2, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

You might want to try clicking on restart now. You might be surprised at the result.

NavyLCDR, Nov 3, 2015
  5. gjbnh1701 Win User
    I have....several times over a weeks time......computer restarts....just restarts..........not my first rodeo...

gjbnh1701, Nov 3, 2015
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Do you have a recovery partition with WindowsRE on it, or WindowsRE somewhere else on the computer? Reagentc.exe has to be pointed to the location of WindowsRE in order to restart into the recovery environment.

LOST troubleshooting option, advanced settings [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Nov 3, 2015
  7. topgundcp Win User
    In addition to the above. You probably had the Recovery Environment Disabled then you won't see the Advanced option. If so, open Admin Commad Prompt and Enable it: reagentc /enable

topgundcp, Nov 3, 2015
  8. gjbnh1701 Win User

gjbnh1701, Nov 3, 2015
  9. gjbnh1701 Win User
    This worked! THANK YOU!!

gjbnh1701, Nov 3, 2015
  10. Sorry to bump an old thread, but I am having the same problem. calling reagentc /info or reagentc /enable returns:
    REAGENTC.EXE Operation failed: 3
    REAGENTC.EXE: An error has occured.

I then went to try Create a recovery drive but whether I check or uncheck the box at the bottom, after clicking next it said:
    We can't create a recovery drive on this PC
    Some required files are missing. To troubleshoot problems when your PC can't start, use your Windows installation disc or media.

I tried doing a clean boot and same thing happened. I tried running SFC /scannow in a Command Prompt (Admin) and it ran through, fixed some errors and then same thing. I restarted and nothing changed. I tried:
    DISM /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
    DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

And still nothing can create a recovery drive and nothing can give me access to advanced settings.

ANY help would be very much appreciated. This is a ton of trouble for me since all I really want to do is root my Kindle Fire but I can't do that unless I disable Driver Signature Verification.

Randomrocket8, Dec 30, 2015
  11. topgundcp Win User
    @Randomrocket8
    Post a screen shot of Disk Management then we can go from there

topgundcp, Dec 30, 2015
  12. LOST troubleshooting option, advanced settings [​IMG]

13. topgundcp Win User

From the screen shot, your recovery partition is on disk 2, partition 3, you could try to open the Admin command:

• diskpart
    • select disk 2
    • select partition 3
    • assign letter=R
    • exit
    • reagentc.exe /setreimage /path R:\Recovery\WindowsRE /target C:\windows
    • Try create a recovery disk to see if it works

topgundcp, Dec 30, 2015
  14. I had to relabel one of my other harddrives because R was already used. Once I did that from Disk Management, here's what I got:

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10240]
    (c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>diskpart

Microsoft DiskPart version 10.0.10240

Copyright (C) 1999-2013 Microsoft Corporation.
    On computer: THE_POWER

DISKPART> list disk

Disk ### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt
    -------- ------------- ------- ------- --- ---
    Disk 0 Online 1863 GB 0 B *
    Disk 1 Online 698 GB 0 B
    Disk 2 Online 232 GB 0 B
    Disk 3 Online 1863 GB 0 B * *
    Disk 4 Online 1863 GB 0 B * *
    Disk 5 No Media 0 B 0 B
    Disk 6 No Media 0 B 0 B
    Disk 7 No Media 0 B 0 B
    Disk 8 No Media 0 B 0 B
    Disk 9 No Media 0 B 0 B

DISKPART> select disk 2

Disk 2 is now the selected disk.

DISKPART> list partition

Partition ### Type Size Offset
    ------------- ---------------- ------- -------
    Partition 1 Primary 100 MB 1024 KB
    Partition 2 Primary 232 GB 101 MB
    Partition 3 Recovery 450 MB 232 GB

DISKPART> select partition 3

Partition 3 is now the selected partition.

DISKPART> assign letter=R

DiskPart successfully assigned the drive letter or mount point.

DISKPART> exit

Leaving DiskPart...

C:\WINDOWS\system32>reagentc.exe /setreimage /path R:\Recovery\WindowsRE /target C:\windows
    REAGENTC.EXE: Operation failed: 3

REAGENTC.EXE: An error has occurred.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

It still did not want to create the image. I tried restarting and trying again, but still nothing. Also, Disk Management does not display an R labeled drive/partition anywhere. It looks the exact same as the image I posted earlier except I relabeled the "MoreGames" drive to "M" instead of "R".

15. topgundcp Win User
    I does not show the drive letter "R:" in disk management since it is a Recovery partition but it should show in "This Computer".
    Try the command: reagentc /info to see if you are no longer get error 3.

topgundcp, Dec 30, 2015
Thema:

1. LOST troubleshooting option, advanced settings - Similar Threads - LOST troubleshooting option

2. Troubleshoot Mecer Z140c-X In Advanced Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshoot Mecer Z140c-X In Advanced Options: My Laptop Mecer Z140c-X Experience Blue Screen, Stop Code; Driver Verifier DMA Violation, I'm Trying To Reach To Advanced Options, So I Could Troubleshoot' Please Help How??...
  3. Troubleshoot Mecer Z140c-X In Advanced Options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Troubleshoot Mecer Z140c-X In Advanced Options: My Laptop Mecer Z140c-X Experience Blue Screen, Stop Code; Driver Verifier DMA Violation, I'm Trying To Reach To Advanced Options, So I Could Troubleshoot' Please Help How??...
  4. Unable to open advanced troubleshooting options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open advanced troubleshooting options: Yeah the usual open close doesnt work.Any other ideas on how to?This is happening after a bad system config info error.For context my pc was freezing forcing me to reset to infinite loading,I had no idea and just hard reseted and it got into that point after like a few mins...
  5. Unable to open advanced troubleshooting options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open advanced troubleshooting options: Yeah the usual open close doesnt work.Any other ideas on how to?This is happening after a bad system config info error.For context my pc was freezing forcing me to reset to infinite loading,I had no idea and just hard reseted and it got into that point after like a few mins...
  6. Unable to open advanced troubleshooting options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. i lost some advanced option.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i lost some advanced option.: KHKhushbooMauryaCreated on February 7, 2022the user profile service failed the sign-in and user profile cannot be loadedthe user profile service failed the sign-in and user profile cannot be loadedI am few days back i switched my window 7 to window 10 and deleted all data of...
  8. Advanced options cannot open Troubleshoot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Advanced options cannot open Troubleshoot: When i access the advanced options screen and click troubleshoot the screen goes black and my laptop restarts. Any information on how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/advanced-options-cannot-open-troubleshoot/268afa76-7813-4388-b7bf-530b3c9fa822
  9. No Troubleshoot Option in Advanced Setup!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Troubleshoot Option in Advanced Setup!: I have a HP Pavilion Notebook with Windows 10 Enterprise. The Troubleshoot Option that should be under the 'Advanced Startup' Option is missing. Have tried multiple methods of getting to "Advanced Startup" display including Safe mode, 'shutdown /r /o', etc., but all result...
  10. No advanced options in troubleshoot settings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No advanced options in troubleshoot settings.: I installed Xubuntu but would now like to remove it. I hit restart while holding the shift key but when I click on troubleshoot there is only Startup Settings. Why? And how do I fix this submitted by /u/GuidonBedon [link] [comments]...