Windows 10: Lost typed words in Window 16.

Discus and support Lost typed words in Window 16. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I forgot to save a word file I was typing before updating the window. Then I lost what I have typed. How can I recover? Word 2016.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mi Mi Kyaw, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Lost typed words in Window 16.

I forgot to save a word file I was typing before updating the window. Then I lost what I have typed. How can I recover? Word 2016.

:)

Mi Mi Kyaw, Sep 4, 2020
  2. Am360 Win User

Suggestion on enhancement of typing Amharic words

To those who developed Amharic typing/keyboarding system. I have one comment/suggestion on it.

"Enter" or "Space" key is used frequently when Amharic words are typed. These keys help to select the right word from displayed options. To make Amharic typing fast and easy please enhance it to take the first choice when the user press any other key that
    is not listed as options. For example to type the word "ሚስጥር" here are the steps on the current Amharic typing system

1. pressing "m" and then "i" and then space/enter keys (to type ሚ)

2. pressing "s" and then space/enter keys (to type ስ)

3. pressing "t" and then "." and then space/enter keys (to type ጥ)

4. pressing "r" and then space/enter keys (to type ር)

I suggest to have a possibility not to use space/enter keys to write the same word ("ሚስጥር"). That means when I press "m" and then "i", I have two available options "ሚ" and "ሜ". space/enter key is used to type "ሚ" and "e" is used to type "ሜ". If the user
    type any other keys (other than "e" or space/enter), it will not write anything on the screen because it is out of the available options. What I am suggesting here is that - when the user types any key which is not in the available options, let it take the
    first option.

if you apply the above suggestion here will be the steps to type the word "ሚስጥር"

1. pressing "m" and then "i" (to type ሚ)

2. pressing "s" (to type ስ)

3. pressing "t" and then "." (to type ጥ)

4. pressing "r" (to type ር)

This will make typing Amharic words very easy and fast.

Am360, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Lost Word documents

Hi LornaRadke,

Firs check your recycle bin folder probably you can find your lost file there. If not found there then try another way of searching your lost documents file by their name in the search box.

Still not found, then apply these manual steps: Open MS Word > click the File Tab > Click Manage Document >select Recover Unsaved Documents from the drop-down
    list > Check for your missing file in the dialog box >Open the recovered Word document > click the Save As button in the top banner.

Probably you will find your lost documents on this list.

Finally if not shows there then try the last alternative option i.e. third party free data recovery programs like Recuva, stellar data recovery free edition, recoverit, etc. These utility programs completely free and can help you to recover your lost
    files. You can try your luck. Thanks

SandraMcgray, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Lost typed words in Window 16.

three word suggestions

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to disable word suggestions when you type any word. I’ll certainly help you with the steps.

To disable text suggestions, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Devices, and click on
      Typing
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, under Typing toggle the switch to off for
      Show text suggestions as I type on the software keyboard.
    4. Under Hardware keyboard, toggle the switch to on for
      Show text suggestions as I type.

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

Lost typed words in Window 16.

1. Lost typed words in Window 16. - Similar Threads - Lost typed words

2. lost word document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost word document: I was typing in Microsoft word and lost my document that was not saved yet. can you please help me find it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-word-document/067ec045-f627-4f62-9692-58c11bfa70f5
  3. I have Microsoft Word 16

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have Microsoft Word 16: And When I go to paste something in "Blank Document" It's very small. How can I make it larger?I want the Word, Blank Document much larger.Or am I even asking the right website?Can you help me please?...
  4. I have Microsoft Word 16

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have Microsoft Word 16: And When I go to paste something in "Blank Document" It's very small. How can I make it larger?I want the Word, Blank Document much larger.Or am I even asking the right website?Can you help me please?...
  5. Lost word document

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost word document: Hello, I lost my final assignment document that was saved on my desktop, cause I deleted it permanently by mistake, right now I’m using a software called easeUS and trying to recover it, so far I have not got any documents, is there any way to recover it, please help! Thank...
  6. Forced Windows update while typing in Word - lost everything

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Forced Windows update while typing in Word - lost everything: I have Windows 10 Version 2004 (OS Build - 19041.746) and MS Office 365. I was typing a huge amount of data into an existing Word document. Phone rang and I left my desk and then got distracted by a few other things. When I returned to my computer 20 minutes later, there...
  7. Lost word document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost word document: I saved a word document with notes for my dissertation several months ago and have since opened it several times, i would open it by accessing recent world documents as shown below. I am not 100% sure i saved it on to onedrive, however I know it was saved and i could access...
  8. Lost Word document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Word document: I spent 3 grueling hours last night working on sections of a report. I know I saved it. Now it's not on the flashdrive and I can't recover it from the computer/word file. I had to upgrade, upload Windows --whatever yesterday. My printer hasn't been working with WORD docs...
  9. lost types ltr that was made in word.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    lost types ltr that was made in word.: How do you recover lost typed letter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-types-ltr-that-was-made-in-word/ac2d74ad-abc5-4278-ac90-df547382938f"
  10. Lost MS Word

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost MS Word: My 2016 computer came with MS Word installed, but it was recently removed. How may I recover programs that were included with the computer ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-ms-word/dc2be46f-938f-40f2-8ee2-b772e0bc915c