Windows 10: lost unsaved word doc

Discus and support lost unsaved word doc in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I left an unsaved word 2016 doc open last night and this morning it was gone. It's not coming up under the manage document/recover unsaved documents... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jaybleezy, Dec 8, 2015.

1. jaybleezy Win User

lost unsaved word doc

I left an unsaved word 2016 doc open last night and this morning it was gone. It's not coming up under the manage document/recover unsaved documents approach. is there anything else I can try?

:)

jaybleezy, Dec 8, 2015
  2. MSteyn Win User

Lost unsaved word document

I was busy with a document in word. Unfortunately the last time I saved was 20 July. My windows 10 updated on 31 of July 2017.

I cannot find this document. I don't know where to find it. Please help

***Post moved by the Forum Moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

MSteyn, Dec 8, 2015
  3. Lost unsaved word document

Where did you save the document? If it was saved in OneDrive, there might be some automatically saved versions available for you.

If the document only exists on your hard drive, it is unlikely that you can retrieve any unsaved changes. What you can try is search for left-over AutoRecover (asd) files, but you are almost certainly out of luck, because these files are
    only retained if Word terminates in an abnormal fashion.

In Word, it is very important to save manually at a regular basis. Press Ctrl+S every time you pause typing. In particular, always save if you plan to leave the computer unattended for a longer period of time.

Stefan Blom, Dec 8, 2015
  4. davidhk Win User

lost unsaved word doc

Just a long shot.
    Open MS Word > click the Office button > right side, under Recent Documents, do you see your unsaved word ?

davidhk, Dec 9, 2015
Thema:

lost unsaved word doc

1. lost unsaved word doc - Similar Threads - lost unsaved word

2. lost my paint app and word doc app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lost my paint app and word doc app.: I use paint and word doc a lot, had them pinned to task bar, one day open computer and they were gone, i had been doing windows update a lot the past two weeks, but i look and searched and even tried to re down load them, and still unable to get them back, please help me get...
  3. Word docs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word docs: all my docs have changed to wordpad - i need word - how do i change them all back to word https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-docs/14b35def-7d81-4b36-a574-49820a43b449
  4. Unsaved doc disappeared

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unsaved doc disappeared: I left the Surface on all night with a unsaved notepad document. The next day I awaked the computer it was in sleep mode I guess and the notepad document was gone. Disapeared. Is this a bug? Of Windows 10? Of Surface?...
  5. opening a word doc

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening a word doc: since purchasing and installing Adobe, When I open a document in word i have about 3 signs coming up - eg: File not found: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/MACPDFM/MacPDFM.framework/Versions/A/MacPDFM How do I stop this?...
  6. I am unable to open word doc or create word docs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am unable to open word doc or create word docs: I am unable top open any Docs at all- it is like I have never had Widows 10 that is the only program I have ever had on the computer how can I fix it please? All updates and security are done...
  7. word docs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    word docs: I just renewed my $99 subscription, and yet I still can NOT access my MSWord docs to edit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-docs/4c72539b-d66b-48de-afbc-94febd147180
  8. Lost Word Doc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Word Doc: I think I just deleted my address book from Word 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-word-doc/a0657285-f937-4b2c-98f8-1bc8b30fc70b"
  9. Converting a TXT doc into a Word doc?

Converting a TXT doc into a Word doc?: How do I convert a text doc into a word doc? Thanks- LB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/converting-a-txt-doc-into-a-word-doc/d8192142-066d-49d9-b2ee-c5098ea28b03
  10. how to open this doc as word doc?

how to open this doc as word doc?: This document was originally opened as a notepad document, so it opens that way always. I would like to change it to a Word document. Is that possible?...