Windows 10: Lost up space on C drive

Discus and support Lost up space on C drive in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Today, I noticed that my C drive suddenly lost 14 gigabytes !! Yesterday it was ok and it lost all that space out of a sudden. !! I tried free up disk... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Abdullah Behairy, May 5, 2020.

1. Lost up space on C drive

Today, I noticed that my C drive suddenly lost 14 gigabytes !! Yesterday it was ok and it lost all that space out of a sudden. !!

I tried free up disk space tool, it didn't work. Tried avg tuneup didn't work also. I scanned the laptop for virus and malware by avg antivirus and came clean !!!

Can anyone tell me where did that space go and how to retrieve it ?!?!

:)

Abdullah Behairy, May 5, 2020

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, May 5, 2020
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CLost up space on C drive :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, May 5, 2020
  4. Lost up space on C drive

Lost space of Pen Drive

Hello,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

• Have you tried connecting to a different computer?
    I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

First back up all the data from your USB drive to another location.

I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to refresh the drive letter and then try to rescan the drives that are connect to the computer and check.

To refresh drive letter:

• Open Computer Management (Local).
    • In the console tree, click Computer Management (Local), click
      Storage, and then click Disk Management.
    • Click Action, and then click Refresh.
    • Once you have refreshed connect the new zip drive and to update hardware information, click Rescan Disks instead.
    Step 2: For unallocated space on USB drive

• Press the Windows key, and type Diskpart.

• Click the result to open the DiskPart command prompt window.

• In the command prompt window, type list disk and hit Enter.

• The removable USB drive or hard disk will be shown under
      Disk 1.

• Type in the following commands and hit Enter.
    select disk 1

Clean

create partition primary

• The first command selects your removable USB drive.

• The Clean command deletes all the current partitions present on the USB drive.

• The Create primary partition creates a fresh partition and allocates all the unallocated space on this fresh partition.

• Type Exit to close the command prompt window.

• Unplug your USB drive and plug it back again.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, May 5, 2020
Thema:

Lost up space on C drive

1. Lost up space on C drive - Similar Threads - Lost space drive

2. Lost space in C partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost space in C partition: there should be a 28 free gigabytes in my 60 gigabytes C partition as I have 32 gigabytes of occupied space as shown in the first screenshot I've shown hidden files and protected operating system, so that's everything in C partition https://ibb.co/Sy1QTZw but I got only...
  3. Unallocated space on C drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unallocated space on C drive: I have an old laptop from 2010 (Acer Aspire 5740G-6395) that I had put to the side last year because my employer bought me a new laptop and the Acer was taking 10-15 minutes to boot. When I became aware of the low price of SSDs, for a tinkering project I picked up a 120gig...
  4. Freeing up space on C Drive Windows 10

Freeing up space on C Drive Windows 10: I have tried Ccleaner. File scan. Storage Sense. Malware scan. Virus scan. Optimize c Drive. None of it worked all that well. I don't want to partition, etc. I am afraid I will mess it up. There was a simple solution I saw a while ago, but I can't seem to find in...
  5. C drive space filling

C drive space filling: My C drive space in Windows 10 is filling up rapidly. I tried deleting CBS files but that weren't occupying much space. I used Treesize but not able to make sense of which file is occupying unnecessary space and which file to delete....
  6. My C Drive is getting full and how to free up C Drive space?

My C Drive is getting full and how to free up C Drive space?: I don't want to use cleanup tool to free up C Drive space and I want to get more details about the useless files on C Drive. For example, I want to know what kind of files can be deleted without any negative effect. What is the location of junk files and how and why do they...
  7. C: drive lost space randomly.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    C: drive lost space randomly.: Hey all, a few hours ago, my C: drive lost space from 7GB to 4GB. And I do not know what happened. All I may really recall is that I installed a new game, then deleted it. As I did not like the game and took up a lot of storage. I also changed my :E drive from FAT32 to NTFS....
  8. Lost drive space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost drive space: Hi guys! I've just installed windows 10 on my dad's PC. He had used before windows 7 and then reinstalled another windows 7 besides it. Anyways, I decided to delete everything and install windows 10. When I got to the part with cleaning the partition I have deleted everything...
  9. Mail is taking up 39GB of space on C drive

Mail is taking up 39GB of space on C drive: Hi all, I desperately need help for this problem. I have a Win 10 desktop and although it is signed in under my account, I have never set up any email on any of the apps. However, there seems to be a huge amount of Mail that is lurking and taking up valuable space in my...
  10. Making Space to C drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Making Space to C drive: Hello My SSD is nearly full. I know that on it there is some file that I don't use that originate from past new hard disk installation. Question: - Is there a way to know witch system file is obsolete and not in use anymore? - How to know what is populating my drive...