Windows 10: Lost Username

Discus and support Lost Username in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello. I have Windows 10 Pro laptop and for some reason, the login screen just shows Other User and asks for username and password. It used to show the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by cakeMake, May 28, 2020.

1. cakeMake Win User

Lost Username

Hello.
    I have Windows 10 Pro laptop and for some reason, the login screen just shows Other User and asks for username and password. It used to show the username and I just had to enter the password. I never bothered to note it down.

I have the password and not the username. How can I find out? Panicking here as I can't work *Sad

It is not Admin or Administrator. I have tried it. The username is CompanyNameXXX. So something like Microsoft1944 or Microsoft2393. The thing is due to remote work the small company I work for is badly organized and I will have to ship, take time off, and then wait.

I know the password. Just need the username!

:)

cakeMake, May 28, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, May 28, 2020
  3. Spore Clubhouse/Username Database

I decided that it would be cool to create a list of techpowerup! member's Spore usernames so that we could add eachother to a great big networked spore universe.
    At any rate, feel free to discuss anything and everything Spore related and post screenshots!

I'll start the list off:

• TPU*Stick Out Tongue Lost Username :prudent Princess
      SPORE:Marxistforlife
    • TPU: ShadowFold
      SPORE: Shadowfold
    • TPU: Triprift
      SPORE: Trippy75
    • TPU: Darknova
      SPORE: Cynicalnova
    • TPU: Lillebror
      SPORE: Lillebror
    • TPU: Wartz
      SPORE: Wartz
    • TPU: MadClown
      SPORE: MadClown5
    • TPU: Nick89
      SPORE: 0TheCreator0

PrudentPrincess, May 28, 2020
  4. Lost Username

I lost my contacts

Hi John,

Regarding your issue with contact list that is lost in Windows live mail, we suggest to check this thread:

Contacts list disappeared from Windows Live Mail
    . Look for MikeSTL and ¡Firedog answers. It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, May 28, 2020
Thema:

Lost Username

1. Lost Username - Similar Threads - Lost Username

2. Lost sign in credentials, username and password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost sign in credentials, username and password: Windows 10 sign in screen, asking for a new password and I don’t have the old one. I also do not have the username associated with my account.This was set up for me so as not to need login credentials. How to reestablish login credentials with my account?Windows 10New dell...
  3. Lost sign in credentials, username and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost sign in credentials, username and password: Windows 10 sign in screen, asking for a new password and I don’t have the old one. I also do not have the username associated with my account.This was set up for me so as not to need login credentials. How to reestablish login credentials with my account?Windows 10New dell...
  4. Lost sign in credentials, username and password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Lost administrator privileges after using netplwiz to change username

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost administrator privileges after using netplwiz to change username: Hi there, i followed a guide to change my username by using netplwiz. After changing the username, i have completely lost my administrator privileges and i need some helps in getting it back....
  6. Lost administrator privileges after using netplwiz to change username

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost administrator privileges after using netplwiz to change username: Hi there, i followed a guide to change my username by using netplwiz. After changing the username, i have completely lost my administrator privileges and i need some helps in getting it back....
  7. Lost administrator privileges after using netplwiz to change username

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Lost admin username and password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost admin username and password: I seem to have inadvertantly deleted my Admin username and password and am now unable to unable to uninstall any programs, log in to system restore or to re-set my computer. Attempting to do any of these produces the message "you do not have permission to uninstall/use this...
  9. Windows 10 lost username/password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 lost username/password: A friend died, and his mother is asking my wife to gain access into his laptop. We think it would be running Win 10. It was new in late, 2016. Do I work with Microsoft directly on this, or can you advise? Thanks, 129156
  10. Help! Lost mapping to username on windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help! Lost mapping to username on windows 10: Heya, I was trying to change my C:Drive username name coz it was doing my head in.... Followed instructions to go to netplwiz and amend the username to what I want it to say...but instead of just changing the name its deleted me as a user...and I was the only one so I can...