Windows 10: Lost video files in Microsoft Photos

Discus and support Lost video files in Microsoft Photos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am really annoyed and desperately need help. When attempting to open Microsoft Photos where my video files were stored I received error message,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DuncSmith, Jun 7, 2019.

1. DuncSmith Win User

Lost video files in Microsoft Photos

I am really annoyed and desperately need help. When attempting to open Microsoft Photos where my video files were stored I received error message, unable to open, and told me to try again later. The last thing I did yesterday was create a video file in there and all was fine. I looked up a thread here in this community where someone else has same problem and agent advised him to Repair MS Photos and then Reset (twice). He was told that files would not be lost and assured of that. However when I did it, I lost my files. I opened MS Photos and no files there - completely blanked everything. I really want to know if I can recover these files. Really damned angry about this

:)

DuncSmith, Jun 7, 2019

2. Videos lost

Hi Michael,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused, now that you have me with you let me take care of this.

• How did you install Windows 10?
    I suggest you to follow the steps form the below article and check if it helps.

Find lost files after the update to Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/find-lost-files-after-the-update-to-windows-10

Hope it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Jun 7, 2019
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Lost video files in Microsoft Photos :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jun 7, 2019
  4. Lost video files in Microsoft Photos

Lost Picture ID + all photo files and Touchpad

Hi Doug,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would like to ask if the option to keep files and settings was selected at the time of roll back to previous version.

Also, some files may be hidden. So, I suggest you to check the size of the drive where the photos were saved. If the files are hidden, suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type/ (copy & paste) the below command line.
    Attrib –h –r –s /s /d D:*.* (Replace the letter ”D” with the drive letter where the photos were saved)

Check if the photos are available.

For the ID picture on sign-in, can set it again by following the steps below:

• Go to PC Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • In the right pane, click on Browse under Add a Picture.
    • Select the desired picture and click on OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

Lost video files in Microsoft Photos

1. Lost video files in Microsoft Photos - Similar Threads - Lost video files

2. Video Editor in Microsoft Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Editor in Microsoft Photos: During one of my last Microsoft Windows 10 automatic updates, I discovered that the Video Editor in Microsoft Photos had been removed !!! There was a pop up window stating that I could download the old version, which I immediately did. Luckily I have both versions on my...
  3. Windows 10 Photos Video Editor lost files connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Photos Video Editor lost files connection: I am creating videos with Windows 10 Photos. My projects are saved on portable drives. If by accident I open the Photos app while the portable drive is not connected, all definition of file location is lost and all video project files appear empty. The drive is there, the...
  4. Microsoft photos not exporting videos

Microsoft photos not exporting videos: For a period of time I have exported videos using Microsoft photos. For some reason which has not been noted any any messages as far as information on my side has said anything is wrong with the program. I have tried the 2 options that come with the settings of the program as...
  5. Lost all photo videos .

Lost all photo videos .: want to recover it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-all-photo-videos/c75c5bf3-eedc-417d-867f-11669c174197
  6. Microsoft photos - videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft photos - videos: With my photos app I can only add pictures, no videos. With my previous laptop I could create video projects and edit videos, but with my new laptop that option doesn't seem aviable. What can I do to fix this?...
  7. Lost video files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost video files: So I have a minor YouTube channel and I love to edit for fun. So I use premiere pro 2019 and I spent hours on one video. But for some reason all of the video files disappears and are not in the trash bin or anywhere? How can I recover the clips? submitted by...
  8. Lost Video Project in Microsoft photos

Lost Video Project in Microsoft photos: Where how can I find it? Totally gone. Also since I opted out of sync, the other saved project does not open. I have tried repair on advanced options on app When that did not work, went into power shell uninstalled app and reinstalled, still not working properly. BTW, new...
  9. Microsoft Photos - Photo Video Help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Photos - Photo Video Help: I am putting together a photo video for parents anniversary party. Includes hundreds of photos. By default initial duration of each photo was 3 seconds. I was playing around with music and selected sync photo length to beat. This altered ALL of the photo lengths. I wanted to...
  10. lost photo file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    lost photo file: I have windows 10. i lost a photo file and can not restore it. i have enabled the volume shadow copy per some advice. i have no file history and can not enable that. I had the photos on my computer and on a Passport drive. what is the safest way to retrieve the photo file?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is the largest video file I can upload to windows photos