Windows 10: Lost Video Project in Microsoft photos

Discus and support Lost Video Project in Microsoft photos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Where how can I find it? Totally gone. Also since I opted out of sync, the other saved project does not open. I have tried repair on advanced options... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by irulan777, Sep 25, 2019.

1. irulan777 Win User

Lost Video Project in Microsoft photos

Where how can I find it? Totally gone. Also since I opted out of sync, the other saved project does not open. I have tried repair on advanced options on app When that did not work, went into power shell uninstalled app and reinstalled, still not working properly. BTW, new updates were installed today. This has become an onerous app to use. Bring back Movie Maker!

:)

irulan777, Sep 25, 2019

2. Windows Photos Export Video Project Problem

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the Photos App, while exporting video project. We were able to create and export the video project. So the issue could be with photos app installed in the PC. I would suggest you
    to follow the steps mentioned in these methods.

Method 1: Please refer the steps as mentioned in

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    article.

Method 2: You can also try to re-install the app using PowerShell. Here are steps to re-install photos app:

1. Open PowerShell (Admin). Right click on the start button and then on PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Then type: get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    3. Once the above command is successful. You can install the Photo app from Microsoft Store.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 25, 2019
  3. RS Z28 Win User
    Microsoft Video Project - Lost Photos in Video Project for Grandfather's Wake: HELP!

Did the PC just do an update ?????

Are the photos .jpg

Open C:\

or C:\Users

In the search box type in

.jpg

or try these extensions if you do not know the file extensions.

,bmp

.png

when you see one of the photos, look where it shows the folder or location it is in and then go to that folder by right clicking on one of the files and select OPEN FOLDER/FILE LOCATION

And making a video project out of photos saves the project in a file type for the program you are using until you actually create the video. This is so when you have an incomplete project, you can save the project and come back later to finish it and then
    rip it into a video. If you move the photos before you complete the project, then the project file can not find and load the photos to finish the project. The video will probably be mp4.

RS Z28, Sep 25, 2019
  4. ShaneG94 Win User

Lost video files in Microsoft Photos

I have exactly the same issue. Took many hours to create a video project.

then closed Photos and came back in and it couldnt open the project.

advice on here said to reset the app and no projects would be lost. Did this, and the project was lost!

this is extremely, extremely frustrating!

Where can i find the project?

ShaneG94, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Lost Video Project in Microsoft photos - Similar Threads - Lost Video Project

2. Microsoft Photos Video Projects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos Video Projects: In my microsoft photos,i went into new video project and i went to add a video file recorded by OBS and it shows the message " These files have properties that can't be read, so we coudn't add them' and the file name, what should i do to rectify this ptroblem....
  3. video project made on microsoft photo app

video project made on microsoft photo app: How do I send a video project to my friend if it is too big for email? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-project-made-on-microsoft-photo-app/aa005c26-d610-4a8c-a7f5-ff62021ba8b8
  4. microsoft photos video project

microsoft photos video project: when i go to make a video in microsoft photos, i noticed it saves the videos automatically in the video project folder, how do i stop it from doing that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-video-project/b02fb3e5-025b-4900-837e-0a45e213b125
  5. Deleted Photos Video Project

Deleted Photos Video Project: Hello, I have a question about a video project that I created on the Microsoft Photos app. After months of working on the project, I recently recieved an error message stating that the app was unable to open the video and to try reopening it. I tried opening and reopening...
  6. Lost video files in Microsoft Photos

Lost video files in Microsoft Photos: I am really annoyed and desperately need help. When attempting to open Microsoft Photos where my video files were stored I received error message, unable to open, and told me to try again later. The last thing I did yesterday was create a video file in there and all was fine....
  7. Photos Video Project

Photos Video Project: I just completed a 1-1/2 hour video project using Microsoft Photos. I want to download to my computer. I tried "sharing" to onedrive, but it only shares the video clips not the completed video project. Also I get a message that "larger videos will be removed". Is there any...
  8. Microsoft Photo video project

Microsoft Photo video project: How do I add small segments of songs to a video project that has videos and stills? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photo-video-project/d1c8d7d3-d67c-47fd-9d29-3557e7f6003a
  9. Video projects in photo app

Video projects in photo app: how do you finish and finalize the video project in photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-projects-in-photo-app/5095e798-b5b3-41df-9008-64c7144742c0
  10. Photo's Video Projects Glitch

Photo's Video Projects Glitch: Absolutely every single time I attempt to make a video on the Photos app I have no problems making the thing, but when I try and download it, it turns out completely purple with static. There is no problem with the sound.[IMG]...