Windows 10: Lost WFI Adapter after Window 10 Update

Discus and support Lost WFI Adapter after Window 10 Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So, Here we Go again... my laptop, an HP Envy, was working great. Not a problem to be seen. Then, maybe the first part of March 2020, I relented and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PWZnca92101, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Lost WFI Adapter after Window 10 Update

So, Here we Go again... my laptop, an HP Envy, was working great. Not a problem to be seen. Then, maybe the first part of March 2020, I relented and allowed windows 10 to update. Note; because of the issues associated to Windows Updates, I never just let them happen; until I have seen all the fall out that is reported on the internet and the subsequent resolutions to follow. Needless to say, Microsoft owes every user in America and Brand New TOP of the line Laptop as compensation for all the aggravation and expense they have caused, with their litany of incomplete and corruptible software which they have managed to monopolize us the users with. But, I digress, apologies.

Story short, I have not been able to travel with my laptop, as the Wireless network adapter no longer appears in the Device stack.

Here is what I have done in an attempt to resolve the situation;

• · Uninstalled and reinstall the network adapter a number of times,
    • · Cleared the DNS Cache as instructed, have
    • · Updated Bios, also as instructed,
    • · Updated firmware, as instructed.
    • · Reloaded drivers, as was suggested.
    • · Have read countless articles and Watched so many YouTube instructionals’ I have the adds memorized.

All while telling me that I am not the only one having this issue and promising that their fix is theONE... it is almost biblical in nature...

I am at my whit’s end, which is to say I am almost ready to migrate to the every ubiquitous Mac System and OS..., just know that I would rather have my genitals pounded flat with a wooden mallet than to buy a Mac Book and all the overpriced software that is needed to do what I do.

I have run diagnostics to the deepest levels looking for answers as to why my WIFI adapter is disabled or... just missing.

I can see the hardware but I cannot activate it and short of a complete systems restoration, which is an absolute last resort... who do i need to blow to get this fixed?

What am i missing? Why are the updates so destructive? This is not the first time this has happened.

I was able to fix the first corruption, this time I have not found the golden ticket to restore the WIFI adapter to operations, so am I asking for too much.

Is this a registry error? Where do I find it? Please I am begging you.... Send out an update that will resolve the network adapter errors that Microsoft has plagued us with... please.

I need to be able to move around, especially with the COVID – 19 **** keeping me at home. I need a change of venue or I will lose my mind… Fix this problem or STOP sending out updates. We need the rest.

And tell your boss to have the CFO of Microsoft to start mailing everyone with OS 10 a check covering the cost of a new Laptop. mine was around $3000.00 new. touchscreen, 3t hard drive, gigabit network adapter with WIFI, Bluetooth, accelerated graphics card, backlit keyboard and a whole bunch more that i can't even remember now. All worthless because Microsoft Pushed out Updates that will KILL your laptop, business, livelihood.... life....

:)

PWZnca92101, Jul 13, 2020

2. Lost files after Windows 10 UPDATE on 9/25/16

Hi Vicki,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps on this link:
    Find lost files after the update to Windows 10.

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Jul 13, 2020
  3. rob1618 Win User
    Lost internet connection after upgrading to Windows 10.

after downloading windows 10, i had no internet wifi connections. tried almost everything from community.

I downloaded talent driver network software to an

external drive using another computer and then ran the set up on non internet computer. Wifi networks reappeared and I was able to get on the internet and download some apps but connects lost by the next day when turned on computer, Again unable to get
    on internet and network adapters not listed. Talent driver software no longer effective.

tried INFO GROUND(/) STEP 1. NO CHANGED...no connections listed.

thanks fo trying to help. Any other suggestions

rob1618, Jul 13, 2020
  4. rez001 Win User

Lost WFI Adapter after Window 10 Update

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

Lost WFI Adapter after Window 10 Update install-driver-software.png

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Lost WFI Adapter after Window 10 Update pick-comptible-driver-software.png

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Lost WFI Adapter after Window 10 Update select-network-adapter.png

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Lost WFI Adapter after Window 10 Update Limited-wi-fi-connection-solved.png

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Lost WFI Adapter after Window 10 Update

1. Lost WFI Adapter after Window 10 Update - Similar Threads - Lost WFI Adapter

2. Wfi connections not displaying

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wfi connections not displaying: I was on my PC all day yesterday no issues, everything was fine. I woke up this morning and couldn't connect to any networks it usually shows my wifi and my neighbours so I moved my computer downstairs to get ethernet connection however this can't be a permanent fix. I had...
  3. Wifi Adapter lost the ability to connect to 5ghz network after windows update ???

Wifi Adapter lost the ability to connect to 5ghz network after windows update ???: This morning I woke up and find out that my pc is not connecting to any network anymore. I tried several times to reconnect the 5g network that I've been using a long time ago. But every time it just says "Can't connect to this network". My laptops and phones have no problem...
  4. Lost document after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost document after Windows 10 update: Hi, guys I really need some help. I was writing a document on Mord (Windows 10) and I left to go somewhere for a while. I noticed before I left that I had a Windows update pending (2004) but decided that I would come back and take care of it. I came back and my laptop was...
  5. Lost files after WIndows 10 update

Lost files after WIndows 10 update: After a recent Windows 10 update, ALL my documents stored in a Windows.old folder have disappeared. There was over 20 years worth of important files stored in that folder and now they have all gone. Is there any way of retrieving them?...
  6. contacts lost after windows 10 update

contacts lost after windows 10 update: Using BT Yahoo, contacts are not retrieved when typing first name, or letter. This used to work prior to latest Windows 10 update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contacts-lost-after-windows-10-update/6254dce7-7468-4fcd-89a8-38d9ecb6ba9b"
  7. Apps lost after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Apps lost after Windows 10 update: Went to bed letting the laptop update and this morning he was unable to logon - User profile service has having proboems. After a couple of restarts he managed to logon but most of his icons were missing so he called me His system looks like it has been completely trashed....
  8. wfi

in Windows 10 Customization
    wfi: was told by web site to disconnect from internet and use wfi don't know how to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wfi/bd30374e-5b5f-4ec5-86a0-0418377061df
  9. After Microsoft Update i lost network adapter and network

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Microsoft Update i lost network adapter and network: Dear Sir's, After a Microsoft Update on my Microsfot Surface Pro i get no internet while searching in device manager there was no network adapter. I make a lot fo checks still i cannot find any network adapter or any netowrk drivers at all. Please Update me with...
  10. Lost Sound After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lost Sound After Windows 10 Update: Hello and thank you beforehand for any help anyone can give me. I just built a PC that has Windows 10 and a Headphones/Speakers Jack in the front of the case. Right after I logged in, I got a Windows 10 Update which automatically ran. Afterwards, I now have no sound coming...