Windows 10: Lost whole system after windows 10 update

Discus and support Lost whole system after windows 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I uses hp 2000 laptop .recently i have updated my pc to lattest version of windows 10 but it showed that it failed to update to windows feature... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SkySTAPPER, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Lost whole system after windows 10 update

Hello, I uses hp 2000 laptop .recently i have updated my pc to lattest version of windows 10 but it showed that it failed to update to windows feature update 1903.so i leaved my laptop as it is for half an hour.when i return to my laptop it was in sleep so i tried to start it by moving mouse but it does not start so i press enter key but instead of waking up it gone to startup menu so i press enter to start my pc.

After sometime it showed on screen that 'no boot device please enter a boot device and restar your computer so i hard restart my laptop to get rid of this problem.after this i have gone to cmd via troubleshoot option.there i run 'list volume' command in diskpart and there it showed only one drive and it was cd rom drive my all drives and all files were missing. Please help me to get back my all data. I hope you will help me to solve this problem.

:)

SkySTAPPER, Sep 17, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 17, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Sep 17, 2020
  4. Lost whole system after windows 10 update

Microsoft to Revamp Activation System with Windows 9

So... Lost an account - lost everything, huh? Don't like this system much, but I can't really blame Microsoft for doing that as long as it's the most popular way of handling "protected" stuff (Steam is a "good" example).
    There are even few advantages:
    • An access to updated and "personalized" ISOs (for example, purchasing Windows 8 will give you Windows 8.1 and Windows 8.1 Update when they come out). No need to struggle with Windows ADK anymore.
    • Easy way of "unbinding" your license if you don't need it on your current (running) system and wish to install it on another machine.

Constantine Yevseyev, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Lost whole system after windows 10 update

1. Lost whole system after windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Lost whole system

2. lost my whole windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lost my whole windows: my whole windows is gone,, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-my-whole-windows/cb287661-bf66-4e78-8f89-9136cc3930b8
  3. lost my whole windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost my whole windows: my whole windows is gone,, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-my-whole-windows/cb287661-bf66-4e78-8f89-9136cc3930b8
  4. lost my whole windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Key Lost After System Restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Key Lost After System Restore: I own a Surface Studio which was delivered with OS pre-installed. Two weeks ago, after turning on the unit I received a screen indicating the 10 was not booting up with options:- Continue booting up Windows 10- Shutdown PC- Run Win Diagnostic- Restart PC- Restore PCAfter...
  6. Windows 10 Key Lost After System Restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Key Lost After System Restore: I own a Surface Studio which was delivered with OS pre-installed. Two weeks ago, after turning on the unit I received a screen indicating the 10 was not booting up with options:- Continue booting up Windows 10- Shutdown PC- Run Win Diagnostic- Restart PC- Restore PCAfter...
  7. Windows 10 Key Lost After System Restore

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Installed update lost after system restore

Installed update lost after system restore: I installed a cumulative windows 10 update KB5001391 and after 2 days i restored my system to a previous restore point and now the installed update is gone. However the same update is available for downloading in windows update tab in settings but when i try to install the...
  9. AutoCad Crashes and freezes whole system after windows update

AutoCad Crashes and freezes whole system after windows update: Good Day!, Im new here and I need help. My AutoCAD 2021 have been crashing and freezing my whole system. I have observed that it all started after the latest windows update and i have to resort to force shut down my laptop. I have tried reverting to the 2017 version but its...
  10. Lost sound system after windows updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost sound system after windows updates: After downloading recent update for windows 10, my pc lost sound. Sound device says there is no audio output device is installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-sound-system-after-windows-updates/b731a6c3-70e0-4506-84e9-a3a155d0859e