Windows 10: lost wifi adapter any ideas

Discus and support lost wifi adapter any ideas in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; lost wifi adapter any ideas tried to restore but did not reload driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KennieTaylor, Mar 23, 2023.

1. lost wifi adapter any ideas

lost wifi adapter any ideas tried to restore but did not reload driver

:)

KennieTaylor, Mar 23, 2023
  2. WG9
    WG9 Win User

Wifi adapter disappears - goes 'hidden'

Running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. Over the past month, the wifi connection dropped without explanation/warning.

First time, the adapter was visible in Device Manager (with a yellow triangle next to it). An interent search found the suggestion to uninstall it and restart. That worked.

Today, the connection dropped again. In Device Manager at first I could not see the wifi adapter listed. I clicked to see hidden devices and found the adapter and the Bluetooth (which I had not noticed was missing).

I again uninstalled, restarted, and both the wifi and bluetooth have returned.

Anyone any ideas as to what is happening, why it's happening, and what I need to do, please?

I have attached a screenshot of the DM windows as it is now, showing the wifi adapter name, etc.

Thanks very much

WG

3. I have lost my wifi ability. My device manager has no network adapter listed.

I have lost my wifi ability.

My device manager has no network adapter listed.

It seems I am not alone in this predicament (thanks Windows 10!).

Any suggestions gratefully received

jeffery_939, Mar 23, 2023
  4. RhinoCan Win User

lost wifi adapter any ideas

I keep losing my WiFi adapter

I tried the Option 2 approach but kept getting the Error NetSetupDeleteObjecton Network Adapter error (0x80070005) error, even after a dozen executions of the command. That seemed like it was going nowhere so I tried Option 1.

After completing the reboot in Option 1, I never got the dialog that asked if I wanted to make the computer discoverable, even after a significant wait.

Do you have any further suggestions? I'm going to move on to "Compumind's" suggestion in the meantime and see if that helps....

- - - Updated - - -

I started working my way down the list.

1. Both the ipv4 and ipv6 resets said "access denied!". However, the mere attempt worked *briefly*, then the WiFi went down again.
    2. I disabled and re-enabled the network adapter. Again, it worked *briefly*, then I lost the WiFi again.
    3. I tried to disable the antivirus but couldn't find a setting for that so uninstalled it entirely. I got the WiFi back and this time it stayed on for several hours instead of a few minutes so I assumed it was fixed. Then I installed the new Avast One and the WiFi is still working so I'm assuming that all is well finally!

Thank you for this list of suggestions!!!

RhinoCan, Mar 23, 2023
Thema:

lost wifi adapter any ideas

1. lost wifi adapter any ideas - Similar Threads - lost wifi adapter

2. Wifi Adapter Lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Adapter Lost: Hello. my laptop's wifi adapter is missing. I have tried to add legal drivers in device manager but it still doesn't work. Please help. My laptop is HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14m- cd0xxx...
  3. Wifi Adapter Lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Adapter Lost: Hello. my laptop's wifi adapter is missing. I have tried to add legal drivers in device manager but it still doesn't work. Please help. My laptop is HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14m- cd0xxx...
  4. any ideas

in Windows 10 Gaming
    any ideas: and still nothing but it seems to work with my phone’s hotspot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/any-ideas/cf4d3957-9805-4919-bc0a-de57203282b2
  5. any ideas

any ideas: and still nothing but it seems to work with my phone’s hotspot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/any-ideas/cf4d3957-9805-4919-bc0a-de57203282b2
  6. lost wifi adapter any ideas

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost wifi adapter any ideas: lost wifi adapter any ideas tried to restore but did not reload driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-wifi-adapter-any-ideas/bd6fd20f-b9d2-4cad-baf0-5bc6d4db9c0b
  7. lost wifi adapter any ideas

lost wifi adapter any ideas: lost wifi adapter any ideas tried to restore but did not reload driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-wifi-adapter-any-ideas/bd6fd20f-b9d2-4cad-baf0-5bc6d4db9c0b
  8. Any ideas?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any ideas?: Hey, can I ask for help? Recently I updated my windows, and as soon as the update finished, there is no volume. I tried to look it at the internet and through device manager but the “sound, game controller” thing was not there. I tried to instqll it but when its installing...
  9. Any ideas?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any ideas?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/elarsia [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iin2nl/any_ideas/
  10. Need faster Wifi extender - any ideas

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need faster Wifi extender - any ideas: Hi there I've been temporarily sent "by She who must be obeyed" to my shed which I use as an office as she's sick of wires around the place (Lan cable) !!! -- will have to do some plastering etc to hide these later !!! I've got a decentish wifi extender -- the 5Ghz band...