Windows 10: Lost WiFi icon after upgrade

Discus and support Lost WiFi icon after upgrade in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can this Surface product suddenly lose its Wifi icon...tried all sorts of suggestions from Microsoft Customer Support (escalated to Level 2). Each... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KWN_731, Aug 27, 2019.

1. KWN_731 Win User

Lost WiFi icon after upgrade

How can this Surface product suddenly lose its Wifi icon...tried all sorts of suggestions from Microsoft Customer Support (escalated to Level 2). Each time they call me, they didn't seem to have read up the notes, because they all ask me to try suggestions from the beginning as if i hadn't tried them before. Then it always ends with, "it's a known defect when an upgrade happens, the developers are working on it"

:)

KWN_731, Aug 27, 2019

2. wifi icon missing on windows 10.

I tried all the suggestions listed beforehand and my wifi icon has gone from the notifications area as well as the list in the settings for the task bar and notification area. does anyone know how to get it back? none of the suggestions so far have worked.

querywebmail, Aug 27, 2019
  3. Lost WiFi icon

I have lost my wifi icon from the taskbar after a recent Windows 10 update. I looked for it on the hidden icons but it isn't there either. How do I get it back? In simple language please as I am an 82-year-old technophobe. Thanks in anticipation.

MollieLyons, Aug 27, 2019
  4. rob1618 Win User

Lost internet connection after upgrading to Windows 10.

after downloading windows 10, i had no internet wifi connections. tried almost everything from community.

I downloaded talent driver network software to an

external drive using another computer and then ran the set up on non internet computer. Wifi networks reappeared and I was able to get on the internet and download some apps but connects lost by the next day when turned on computer, Again unable to get
    on internet and network adapters not listed. Talent driver software no longer effective.

tried INFO GROUND(/) STEP 1. NO CHANGED...no connections listed.

thanks fo trying to help. Any other suggestions

rob1618, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Lost WiFi icon after upgrade - Similar Threads - Lost WiFi icon

2. Lost Wifi after PC snoozed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost Wifi after PC snoozed: Hi all. So I left my desktop pc on, went to grab some lunch. About an hour later I come back to my desk and my screens are off as is typical. But this time when the pc wakes up my I have no internet. In the task bar I have the globe symbol stating no connections are...
  3. WiFi lost after upgrading Laptop from Win7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WiFi lost after upgrading Laptop from Win7 to Win 10: Has anyone else lost their WiFi after upgrading to Win10 from Win7 on an HP laptop? I can't turn Wifi on with the F12 key anymore - using Ethernet for now...
  4. wifi connection lost after upgrading to win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi connection lost after upgrading to win 10: Upgraded finally from win 7 to the free version of win 10 home. Went smoothly, but now my wifi connection is lost and windows troubleshooter fixes it by " reset the wireless network connection adapter" . That give me my wifi for maybe 45 sec, then the connection is lost and...
  5. Square icon overlay on wifi icon (After upgrading to Windows 10 2004)

Square icon overlay on wifi icon (After upgrading to Windows 10 2004): Hello, I just updated my machine to Windows 10 2004, but after I updated it, my wifi icon have this square overlay on them (see attached file). I run sfc and dism commands but the issue still remain,I also tried to rebuild the icon cache still the issue remains. Can someone...
  6. Square icon overlay on wifi icon (After upgrading to Windows 10 2004)

in Windows 10 Support
    Square icon overlay on wifi icon (After upgrading to Windows 10 2004): Hello, I just updated my machine to Windows 10 2004, but after I updated it, my wifi icon have this square overlay on them (see attached file). I run sfc and dism commands but the issue still remain,I also tried to rebuild the icon cache still the issue remains. Can someone...
  7. Lost WiFi after June Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost WiFi after June Update: Split from this thread. I lost my wifi after the June 10th update. I've tried everything for the last two days and no success. I'm currently running a 50 ethernet cable....
  8. WiFi lost after Reset

WiFi lost after Reset: Hello, I reset Window 10, after which I have no WiFi, though I can connect to the internet by an ethernet connection quite satisfactorily. I saved on my desktop an HTML file that showed programmes that had been deleted during the reset. Included in the list was “REALTEK...
  9. Lost Drives after upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost Drives after upgrade: I upgraded from win 7 64 bit to Windows 10 "c drive" and lost my two drives (E and F) that I use as backups to my primary drive. My primary "c" drive is actually 2 drives that are mirrored so if one would fail I can replace it and not lose a thing. These are 1TB drives so...
  10. lost desktop icons and files after upgrade from 8.1 to 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lost desktop icons and files after upgrade from 8.1 to 10: Hi, New here and have a problem. I just upgraded to W10 from W8.1 and have lost my desktop short cuts and files. How do I recover them. During the upgrade process it said all files were transferred properly. I have looked at windows.old, but don't know what to look for or...