Windows 10: Lost Win 10 Pro key when upgrading pc and fresh installing Windows

Discus and support Lost Win 10 Pro key when upgrading pc and fresh installing Windows in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have upgraded my pc and as part of this act i have performed a fresh install of Win10 Pro. I was of the understanding that as the install USB i used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by FRODUS85, Sep 14, 2019.

1. FRODUS85 Win User

Lost Win 10 Pro key when upgrading pc and fresh installing Windows

I have upgraded my pc and as part of this act i have performed a fresh install of Win10 Pro. I was of the understanding that as the install USB i used was created on my registerd copy of Windows 10 & that i have signed in using the same hotmail email address, i would simply be able to carry over the license key. But apparently not..

I have logged in to my microsoft account and can still see my old build pc on the my devices list. I am needing help in finding out if there is any way to recover my Win10 key (i hope so as MS can surely see that i have a new install using the same details etc).

Please if anyone can help, or guide me in a direction of somewhere that can i would appreciate it.

P.S. - i can not recover it from the HDD it was installed on as that was formatted.

:)

FRODUS85, Sep 14, 2019

2. Fresh Install of Win 10 without Serial Key?

Looking to reformat a laptops HDD, and then reinstall Win 10 fresh. The problem is it came pre-installed with Win 8 and I did the free upgrade to Win 10. How exactly would I re-format the HDD, reinstall Win 10 and ensure it reactivates properly? I don't see a Win 8 serial key anywhere in the contents of the box.

Flogger23m, Sep 25, 2019
  3. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Lost Win 10 Pro key when upgrading pc and fresh installing Windows

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Lost Win 10 Pro key when upgrading pc and fresh installing Windows

1. Lost Win 10 Pro key when upgrading pc and fresh installing Windows - Similar Threads - Lost Pro key

2. new fresh install of Win 11 Pro - but will not activate with my Win 10 Pro Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    new fresh install of Win 11 Pro - but will not activate with my Win 10 Pro Product Key: Did a fresh install of Win 11 Pro after upgrading hardware using new motherboard, cpu, and hard drive. I am not able to activate Windows 11 using my valid Windows 10 Product key. Or keys - have 3 others not used and they won't work either although all are valid.Troubleshoot...
  3. new fresh install of Win 11 Pro - but will not activate with my Win 10 Pro Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    new fresh install of Win 11 Pro - but will not activate with my Win 10 Pro Product Key: Did a fresh install of Win 11 Pro after upgrading hardware using new motherboard, cpu, and hard drive. I am not able to activate Windows 11 using my valid Windows 10 Product key. Or keys - have 3 others not used and they won't work either although all are valid.Troubleshoot...
  4. Sound lost when installed win 10 pro from win 7.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound lost when installed win 10 pro from win 7.: Installed win 10 pro from win 7- lost sound device being recognized on my computer. Troubleshooter states no sound installed. This happened after installing win 10 defender updates. Any solutions??...
  5. When installing Windows 10 pro on a freshly built pc, the pc keeps rebooting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When installing Windows 10 pro on a freshly built pc, the pc keeps rebooting: Hello, Yesterday I have started building a new pc and every time i try to install a copy of windows 10 pro the pc suddenly goes black and reboots. I have tried to use only 1 ram stick, but this solved nothing I have attempted to run memtest86+ but the pc refuses to boot...
  6. lost win 10 pro upgrade key help

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    lost win 10 pro upgrade key help: Hey guys, i had to do a full re install of my win 10 gaming rig, and I somehow thought that the win 10 upgrade key was stored in the BIOS, I bought the upgrade through the Win store on my pc on April 2 2019, I can not find the original email, only the confirmation number from...
  7. Lost a Win 10 Pro product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lost a Win 10 Pro product Key: I have the Windows 10 Pro USB stick and the box it came in, but not the paper tag with the actual key. I've setup and rebuild this machine many times and moved stuff around I may have even used a key from an old MSDN account. I don't even know anymore. The machine runs...
  8. Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro without fresh install

Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro without fresh install: I have been trying to upgrade my machine from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro but nothing seems to work. I have the default Windows 10 Pro product key provided to me by a Microsoft support representative. I have also attempted with a couple other valid Windows 10 enterprise...
  9. Fresh Win 10 Pro install and RAID 1

Fresh Win 10 Pro install and RAID 1: I have an MSI 990FXA-GB80 MoBo. I just installed two Crucial 500gig SSD's into my case and SATA3 to my MoBo. My previous SSD, a Mushkin, got corrupted and died and I lost my recent data. SO, I decided I would do RAID 1 this time with the two Crucial SSD's. I have 16 gig of...
  10. Product Key of win 7 Pro works in win 10 Pro fresh install

Product Key of win 7 Pro works in win 10 Pro fresh install: I want to install windows 10 pro and win dev tools VS2015 Community... on my MacBook Pro 4-cores/16GB/256GB I have Windows 7 Pro license and VMWare Fusion Pro license What to do??? Product Key of win 7 Pro works in win 10 Pro fresh install...as a VM? Or have to...