Windows 10: Lost Win 10 Pro key when upgrading pc and fresh installing Windows

Discus and support Lost Win 10 Pro key when upgrading pc and fresh installing Windows in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have upgraded my pc and as part of this act i have performed a fresh install of Win10 Pro. I was of the understanding that as the install USB i used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by FRODUS85, Sep 14, 2019.

1. FRODUS85 Win User

Lost Win 10 Pro key when upgrading pc and fresh installing Windows

I have upgraded my pc and as part of this act i have performed a fresh install of Win10 Pro. I was of the understanding that as the install USB i used was created on my registerd copy of Windows 10 & that i have signed in using the same hotmail email address, i would simply be able to carry over the license key. But apparently not..

I have logged in to my microsoft account and can still see my old build pc on the my devices list. I am needing help in finding out if there is any way to recover my Win10 key (i hope so as MS can surely see that i have a new install using the same details etc).

Please if anyone can help, or guide me in a direction of somewhere that can i would appreciate it.

P.S. - i can not recover it from the HDD it was installed on as that was formatted.

:)

FRODUS85, Sep 14, 2019

2. Fresh Install of Win 10 without Serial Key?

Looking to reformat a laptops HDD, and then reinstall Win 10 fresh. The problem is it came pre-installed with Win 8 and I did the free upgrade to Win 10. How exactly would I re-format the HDD, reinstall Win 10 and ensure it reactivates properly? I don't see a Win 8 serial key anywhere in the contents of the box.

Flogger23m, Sep 25, 2019
  3. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Lost Win 10 Pro key when upgrading pc and fresh installing Windows

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Lost Win 10 Pro key when upgrading pc and fresh installing Windows

1. Lost Win 10 Pro key when upgrading pc and fresh installing Windows - Similar Threads - Lost Pro key

2. Windows 10 Fresh Install - no product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Fresh Install - no product key: I had a copy of Windows 10 and after recent update to 1903 my PC stopper working - BSOD was happening a lot to the point I could not use the PC. Now Windows has failed and I need to reinstall Windows 10. Previously I had Windows 7 and then did the free upgrade to Windows 10...
  3. Fresh Win 10 Pro install and RAID 1

Fresh Win 10 Pro install and RAID 1: I have an MSI 990FXA-GB80 MoBo. I just installed two Crucial 500gig SSD's into my case and SATA3 to my MoBo. My previous SSD, a Mushkin, got corrupted and died and I lost my recent data. SO, I decided I would do RAID 1 this time with the two Crucial SSD's. I have 16 gig of...
  4. Fresh Install Win 10

Fresh Install Win 10: My two PC were free upgraded to Win 10 last year. I want to re install the Win 10 on one of that PC due to virus in that PC which is not getting removed. My question is, how to re install Win 10 and how it will be activated. Do I need to note down some thing from this PC to...
  5. BSOD when plugging in Ethernet fresh Win 10 install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when plugging in Ethernet fresh Win 10 install: Windows update crashed computer which says windows install didn't complete whenever I try to boot it. So I unplugged all drives and installed a new drive and did fresh win 10 install on it but it BSOD on atikmdag.sys - every time. I unplugged Ethernet and did another...
  6. BSOD loop on boot from fresh Win 10 upgrade over fresh Win 7 install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD loop on boot from fresh Win 10 upgrade over fresh Win 7 install: This is on an old eMachines M6805 laptop that originally came with XP 32-bit. I put a fresh install of Windows 7 32-bit on it which ran fine. I then upgraded that to Windows 10 32-bit. The first time it booted up I was able to log in but got a BSOD shortly thereafter. Ever...
  7. Install Win 7 Pro on Win 8.1 PC already upgraded to Win 10 Home

Install Win 7 Pro on Win 8.1 PC already upgraded to Win 10 Home: Hello Guys, On my laptop, I had Windows 8.1 Base/ Home pre installed. Then I updated the laptop to Windows 10 Home successfully. If I can now somehow buy a Windows 7 Pro license and install W7 Pro on this laptop and then upgrade it to W10. Will it then be a W10 Pro...
  8. Fresh Install of Windows 10 Pro

Fresh Install of Windows 10 Pro: I received my free upgrade to Windows 10 Home from Windows 8.1. I am highly considering purchasing an upgrade key for Windows 10 Pro for $99. My question is: If I were do perform that upgrade, and later on in the future I have to reinstall a fresh copy of Windows, will I be...
  9. Product Key of win 7 Pro works in win 10 Pro fresh install

Product Key of win 7 Pro works in win 10 Pro fresh install: I want to install windows 10 pro and win dev tools VS2015 Community... on my MacBook Pro 4-cores/16GB/256GB I have Windows 7 Pro license and VMWare Fusion Pro license What to do??? Product Key of win 7 Pro works in win 10 Pro fresh install...as a VM? Or have to...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Win 8.1 Pro license key

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Win 8.1 Pro license key: Hey, I've been running insider preview since build 98xx, after final build came I decided to to a clean install and get my "free" license so I installed Windows 8.1 Pro with a valid license during initial setup I as prompted that I could upgrade to Windows 10 for free, this...