Windows 10: lost win 10 pro upgrade key help

Discus and support lost win 10 pro upgrade key help in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey guys, i had to do a full re install of my win 10 gaming rig, and I somehow thought that the win 10 upgrade key was stored in the BIOS, I bought the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by robbrosso, Nov 19, 2020.

1. robbrosso Win User

lost win 10 pro upgrade key help

Hey guys, i had to do a full re install of my win 10 gaming rig, and I somehow thought that the win 10 upgrade key was stored in the BIOS, I bought the upgrade through the Win store on my pc on April 2 2019, I can not find the original email, only the confirmation number from Microsoft... I tried the online support app, but it was terrible no help at all... thanks in advance cheers Robert

:)

robbrosso, Nov 19, 2020
  2. RobCoxXA Win User

Win 10 Pro upgrade using Win 8 Pro product key

I just bought a new computer running Win 10 Home. When I went to upgrade to Win 10 Pro using my Win 8 Pro product key from my old computer, the upgrade wouldn't activate.

Now I'm stuck with a bunch of error messages (mainly 0xC004C003) and am being told windows isn't activated. I can't seem to get my activated Win 10 Home back.

I don't have a product key for the Win 10 Home because it came pre-installed. There's no product code recorded on the packaging or labelling on the device.

So:

How do I either

• activate the Win Pro upgrade, or
    • Get my activated Win 10 home back?

RobCoxXA, Nov 19, 2020
  3. How do I get the key for win 10 pro?

Hi,

I upgraded from win 10 home edition to win 10 pro. I had to reformat my computer with the factory image restore. It installed the win 10 but I did not have key to upgrade to pro. I have the following information from my Microsoft account. How do I get the
    key for win 10 pro?

Here is my computer info where the win 10 pro got upgraded.

• DESKTOP-JP9JK4V
    • Dell Inc. XPS 8900
      • Serial #: 3R8F082

Thanks!

Syed Ahsan

Syed_Ahsan, Nov 19, 2020
  4. lost win 10 pro upgrade key help

Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

lost win 10 pro upgrade key help

1. lost win 10 pro upgrade key help - Similar Threads - lost pro upgrade

2. Lost Win 11 Pro product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost Win 11 Pro product key: Lost Win 11 Pro product key purchase on an online MS Store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-win-11-pro-product-key/a41474c5-37c3-4278-9a5a-c40c221e9f9a
  3. Lost Win 11 Pro product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost Win 11 Pro product key: Lost Win 11 Pro product key purchase on an online MS Store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-win-11-pro-product-key/a41474c5-37c3-4278-9a5a-c40c221e9f9a
  4. Upgrading from Win 11 home to Win 11 Pro - using Win 10 pro key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from Win 11 home to Win 11 Pro - using Win 10 pro key: I have a new laptop - running Win 11 HomeMy old laptop was upgraded to Win 10 pro from win 10 homeCan I transfer this upgrade to the new laptop and then upgrade this to Win 11 Pro ?Without it affecting any programs that I have installed ?What would happen if I just change the...
  5. Upgrade Win 10 Home to Win 10 pro using OEM key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade Win 10 Home to Win 10 pro using OEM key: Hello, my desktop is win 10 home edition. I just bought a win 10 pro OEM key, but I still cannot upgrade my win 10 home to pro. It is appreciated for your help....
  6. Lost a Win 10 Pro product Key

Lost a Win 10 Pro product Key: I have the Windows 10 Pro USB stick and the box it came in, but not the paper tag with the actual key. I've setup and rebuild this machine many times and moved stuff around I may have even used a key from an old MSDN account. I don't even know anymore. The machine runs...
  7. upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: I have several times tried to upgrade my desktop dual boot Win XP and Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro using the downloaded ISO file, and keep my personal files and apps. It runs about 36 hours then fails. How can I make this upgrade? If not using the ISO file is there another...
  8. Lost Win 10 Pro key when upgrading pc and fresh installing Windows

Lost Win 10 Pro key when upgrading pc and fresh installing Windows: I have upgraded my pc and as part of this act i have performed a fresh install of Win10 Pro. I was of the understanding that as the install USB i used was created on my registerd copy of Windows 10 & that i have signed in using the same hotmail email address, i would simply...
  9. Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?

Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?: I recently purchased a laptop that has an OEM version of Win 10 Home on it. I verified this by using : slmgr -dli. Previously I had purchased an OEM Win 10 Pro Key. Can I use this OEM Win 10 Pro Key to upgrade the OEM Win 10 Home to the OEM Win 10 Pro. If so what are...
  10. Win 10 upgrade to Win 10 pro.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 upgrade to Win 10 pro.: How can i upgrade from win 10 to win 10 pro? How much will it cost? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/win-10-upgrade-to-win-10-pro/a9582518-7671-426f-8904-7f0da791eb6d