Windows 10: Lost Window OS key

Discus and support Lost Window OS key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I purchased a laptop 4 years ago and with it came original windows product key. It had to be formatted this time and the product key is lost. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Shoaib Bilal, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Lost Window OS key

I purchased a laptop 4 years ago and with it came original windows product key.

It had to be formatted this time and the product key is lost.

I took a snap shot of the my pc before format and I thought it was the product. Now that I want to activate it, it seems that it is not the one which needs to be entered.

My microsoft account still shows the previous laptop but does not show the product ID.

What to do ?

:)

Shoaib Bilal, Dec 19, 2020
  2. mep916 Win User

lost windows activation key, need new free os thats just as easy as windows

I confirmed this, although it listed a different product key than the one given for my copy of XP. 0.o

mep916, Dec 19, 2020
  3. ste2425 Win User
    lost windows activation key, need new free os thats just as easy as windows

Basiclly i came to reinstall windows, formatted my harddrive then when it came to activate i lost my oem key thing, it wasnt a sticker on my case but printed out and ive lost it. I no, noway of getting it back so i need an alternative os thats easy to use. Linux was way too hard for me. Things like updating flash player etc with windows you just doubble click the icon then next till its done, linux on the other hand was allot harder. So guys any advice?

ste2425, Dec 19, 2020
  4. technicks Win User

Lost Window OS key

Lost xp key.

i lost my XP key. And i need it.
    Is there a way to find the XP key i am using now in Windows?

Thanks.

technicks, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

Lost Window OS key

1. Lost Window OS key - Similar Threads - Lost Window key

2. Lost windows key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost windows key: I purchased a custom built pc with windows 7 already built in. Stupidly, I upgraded to windows 10 after 30 days with no revert backup, and now I’m locked out of windows 7 without my old windows key in. Is there any way I can access my key information from old backup logs...
  3. Lost windows key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost windows key: I purchased a custom built pc with windows 7 already built in. Stupidly, I upgraded to windows 10 after 30 days with no revert backup, and now I’m locked out of windows 7 without my old windows key in. Is there any way I can access my key information from old backup logs...
  4. Lost OS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost OS: Hello i lost access to Windows 10. Last thing i do is making partitions with aomei. Then came preos Mode and in bear end i decided to cancel the operation. And now i cant access Windows. Help submitted by /u/dropZik [link] [comments]...
  5. Lost Windows Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lost Windows Key: How do I retrieve a Windows key that has a failed hard drive? It was signed into my Microsoft account. Can it be retrieved by Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-windows-key/ec2eada2-04eb-4432-ac9e-5043088b4e81
  6. Lost Windows Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost Windows Key: How do I retrieve a Windows key that has a failed hard drive? It was signed into my Microsoft account. Can it be retrieved by Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-windows-key/ec2eada2-04eb-4432-ac9e-5043088b4e81
  7. Lost Windows Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. OS key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OS key: Hi I was laid off by my organization recently due to COVID-19 situation as part of my severance i was left with my work desktop. Since organization has revoked access to the computer i cannot use it until i format it so how can i know the windowa OS activation key....
  9. Windows Key ''Lost''

Windows Key ''Lost'': Hi, recently I sold my old PC but I forgot to remove my Retail key from it, so when I used the same key to activate my new PC, it just kicked me out saying it cannot be activated. Is there a way Microsoft support can remove my key from every existing device so I can use it...
  10. Lost OS & product key

Lost OS & product key: My Asus notebook came with Windows 8. I made the free upgrade to Windows 10. Following a hard disk calamity I am now without either OS. Asked Asus for a re-installation disk but they couldn't provide one (no explanation given other that not stocked in their shop) Tried...