Windows 10: Lost Windows 10 activation after multiple reinstalls

Discus and support Lost Windows 10 activation after multiple reinstalls in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My SSD was wonky, so I had to uninstall the OS from there after fresh installing it. I then reinstalled it to my HDD. However, I lost my digital... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Enzo T, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Enzo T Win User

Lost Windows 10 activation after multiple reinstalls

My SSD was wonky, so I had to uninstall the OS from there after fresh installing it.

I then reinstalled it to my HDD. However, I lost my digital activation license. How do I get it back?

:)

Enzo T, Mar 30, 2020
  2. MrGenius Win User

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! Lost Windows 10 activation after multiple reinstalls :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Mar 30, 2020
  3. deadend Win User
    Upgrading cpu and mother without reinstalling windows 10

did it with a b250 motherboard upgrading to z270, did not need to reinstall anything, windows was still activated
    did it with the z270 into z370 and lost windows activation, however did not have to reinstall any drivers, windows handled everything

i don't recommend doing it by going from amd > intel

deadend, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Lost Windows 10 activation after multiple reinstalls

How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

You will need to tie it to your Microsoft account. I've wiped multiple drives and pc's, and just reinstalled windows 10 from USB and then logged into my Microsoft account and it activates. One's you login with your microsoft account just go to the Microsoft website and verify your pc is activated on your account before you wipe your drive and do the reinstall.

Mindweaver, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Lost Windows 10 activation after multiple reinstalls

1. Lost Windows 10 activation after multiple reinstalls - Similar Threads - Lost activation multiple

2. Activation after multiple reinstalls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation after multiple reinstalls: I had a failing brand new motherboard. The M.2 drive could not even be seen in bios. It made booting an issue. Took that back to Micro Center and got a new one. Works Perfectly now. But, I now can't activate windows. I went into my acct. and deleted that system and a few...
  3. Activation after multiple reinstalls

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation after multiple reinstalls: I had a failing brand new motherboard. The M.2 drive could not even be seen in bios. It made booting an issue. Took that back to Micro Center and got a new one. Works Perfectly now. But, I now can't activate windows. I went into my acct. and deleted that system and a few...
  4. Activation after multiple reinstalls

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Lost files after reinstallation of windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost files after reinstallation of windows 10: I didn't back up my files. I reinstalled more than 10 days ago. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-files-after-reinstallation-of-windows-10/6e6833d0-e7e9-4d5c-8e39-0d20be8ba805
  6. Lost files after reinstallation of windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost files after reinstallation of windows 10: I didn't back up my files. I reinstalled more than 10 days ago. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-files-after-reinstallation-of-windows-10/6e6833d0-e7e9-4d5c-8e39-0d20be8ba805
  7. Lost files after reinstallation of windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Lost activation key after reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lost activation key after reinstalling windows: Hi, A few days ago when I turned my PC it went to a blue screen and I had an "Error code 0xc000001 - Recovery: Your PC Couldn't Start Properly" - I have tried everything the internet offered to fix this problem but it didn't help and I had no choice but reinstalling the...
  9. Activating Windows 10 after reinstalling

Activating Windows 10 after reinstalling: Hi, I'm using a laptop, wich has pre installed Windows 10 Home 64 bit version (activated with a digital license and I'm using a local account). My question is if I have to reinstall the same version of windows for some reason how can I reactivate it. should I switch to my...
  10. Lost activation after reinstall

Lost activation after reinstall: After reinstlling Windows 10 Home edition I lost activation. My laptop came preinstalled with a geniune windows. What should I do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-activation-after-reinstall/2a824cac-77ee-4d4b-a4d7-d5bd51ae891a"