Windows 10: Lost windows 10 after factory reset

Discus and support Lost windows 10 after factory reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I have a Dell laptop with Windows 8 originally installed. I had installed windows 10 on it. After I factory reset with windows, 10 installed it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by YATIN SACHDEVA, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Lost windows 10 after factory reset

Hi

I have a Dell laptop with Windows 8 originally installed. I had installed windows 10 on it.

After I factory reset with windows, 10 installed it turned back on and got back windows 8.1

So is it possible to get windows 10 back?

I tried installing again using MediaCreationTool.exe

Selected the option Upgrade this PC now

after the downloading process of Windows 10, the installation stops and I get the following error:

Something Happened

We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Windows 10. Try restarting setup.

I don't know what to do now.

I appreciate any help.

:)

YATIN SACHDEVA, Mar 9, 2020

2. factory reset to 8.0 lost free windows 10 install

Did a factory restore and it reverted back to 8.0. I lost the 8.1 update and windows 10. I lost my product key as well. I have to have step by step instruction to get lost updates of windows8.1 and windows 10 back.

SrMaureenEgan, Mar 9, 2020
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Mar 9, 2020
  4. swat354 Win User

Lost windows 10 after factory reset

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Mar 9, 2020
Thema:

Lost windows 10 after factory reset

1. Lost windows 10 after factory reset - Similar Threads - Lost factory reset

2. lost my windows 10 after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost my windows 10 after factory reset: I recently did a factor y reset on my desktop and it reverted all the way back to windows7 and now I can’t get back to windows 10 cause I have no knowledge of what the key was and it tells me I can’t update to windows ten without the key. After trying many times to reset when...
  3. lost my windows 10 after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lost my windows 10 after factory reset: I recently did a factor y reset on my desktop and it reverted all the way back to windows7 and now I can’t get back to windows 10 cause I have no knowledge of what the key was and it tells me I can’t update to windows ten without the key. After trying many times to reset when...
  4. Lost windows 10 after factory reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost windows 10 after factory reset.: I have a pavilion all in one computer. Before the holidays last year this computer did a windows 10 update. This update caused all types of problems. I got online and found there were alot of people having the same issue. They were all saying that they did a "uninstall latest...
  5. Lost windows 10 after factory reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost windows 10 after factory reset.: I have a pavilion all in one computer. Before the holidays last year this computer did a windows 10 update. This update caused all types of problems. I got online and found there were alot of people having the same issue. They were all saying that they did a "uninstall latest...
  6. Lost windows 10 after factory reset.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Factory reset Tablet lost credentials

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Factory reset Tablet lost credentials: i have 2 windows 10 Tablets. Was set-up with domain control. No-one knows the credentials and we want to wipe it back to factory default. It asks for a recovery key? which i have no idea how to get. If i skip this step it does not reinstall windows. Thank you...
  8. My synced theme is lost after factory reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    My synced theme is lost after factory reset: Hi. I've done full factory reset (complete with hard disk wipe) and now my synced theme is lost. I've set up to synced backed up theme and now it doesn't work. All I have is default theme by Acer and couple default themes of Windows 10. My custom downloaded wallpapers are...
  9. factory reset to 8.0 lost free windows 10 install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    factory reset to 8.0 lost free windows 10 install: Did a factory restore and it reverted back to 8.0. I lost the 8.1 update and windows 10. I lost my product key as well. I have to have step by step instruction to get lost updates of windows8.1 and windows 10 back....
  10. Lost Apps and factory installed programs after win 10 reset

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost Apps and factory installed programs after win 10 reset: My HP Desktop computer came with windows 8.1 and several additional programs. I have installed windows 10 and the programs and apps were still there. Since I have done a refresh I have lost the HP installed programs and the apps. On the desk top the program and app icons...