Windows 10: Lost Windows 10 after the power went out in a bad storm

Discus and support Lost Windows 10 after the power went out in a bad storm in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I downloaded and installed Windows 10 free back in2017 or so. After a bad storm the power went out and I lost 10. How do I find it on my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ss396rpo, Nov 12, 2019.

1. ss396rpo Win User

Lost Windows 10 after the power went out in a bad storm

I downloaded and installed Windows 10 free back in2017 or so. After a bad storm the power went out and I lost 10. How do I find it on my computer (desktop)? It has 7 now.

* Moved from IE11/Win 7

* Original title: Lost Windows 10

:)

ss396rpo, Nov 12, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 12, 2019
  3. Lost Power, now PC won't boot. Powers on and clicks.

I had tried both of those steps. Neither worked. I have a replacement power supply on order. Should be here on Monday. Thanks for the suggestions.

musiclover7, Nov 12, 2019
  4. jds63 Win User

Lost Power, now PC won't boot. Powers on and clicks.

Hope for sure it is the Power Supply without testing it and the checking the Graphics Card.

jds63, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Lost Windows 10 after the power went out in a bad storm - Similar Threads - Lost power went

2. windows 11 install went bad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 install went bad: I installed windows 11 using a windows 10 key and on the page "lets set things up for your school or work" it asks for my school email and password it gives me an error when it is entered. Says the MDM has a problem. How do i start over on the install process...
  3. After resting my pc and my power went out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After resting my pc and my power went out: So when I was going to reset everything on my pc it was resetting them my power went out and it says I need to put in a portable hard drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-resting-my-pc-and-my-power-went-out/7716026d-e9de-422d-9f2d-0c9889a5a64f
  4. After resting my pc and my power went out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After resting my pc and my power went out: So when I was going to reset everything on my pc it was resetting them my power went out and it says I need to put in a portable hard drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-resting-my-pc-and-my-power-went-out/7716026d-e9de-422d-9f2d-0c9889a5a64f
  5. After resting my pc and my power went out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Power went out, event log inside.

in Windows 10 Support
    Power went out, event log inside.: So my power went out suddenly the other night and my system was acting sluggish, freezing and giving me a lovely BSOD at least 4 times a day since. I ended up doing a chkdsk on boot, once I was finally able to get into windows and schedule it on the next reboot. Any idea what...
  7. Windows backup went bad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows backup went bad: A relative's machine is old, bought with Windows 8.1 but it's been working fine with Win 10. She was having a problem last week where it wouldn't start up. When I visited on the weekend, I did the only thing I could, which was to follow the instructions: to reformat and...
  8. Power went out mid install... HELP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power went out mid install... HELP: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Keale_e [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lh6dzv/power_went_out_mid_install_help/
  9. Power went out during October 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power went out during October 10 update: My power went out during an update yesterday, and now my wifes computer won't completely boot up into Windows. It will get into the logon screen, but after entering the password, it starts loading Windows, then goes mostly black with the hourglass blinking on and off every...
  10. Power Went Out When Moving User Accounts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Power Went Out When Moving User Accounts: I have two WD Blue 1T Drives. One was filling up with pictures and games used by three people, plus all the apps, so I was going to do a clean install, and put all user files on the second WD Blue 1T drive. (I bought the second over a year ago with intentions of doing it...