Windows 10: Lost Windows 10 License after Flash BIOS

Discus and support Lost Windows 10 License after Flash BIOS in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi there guys, A few years ago when Microsoft gave us that free W10 License when upgrading of course I picked mine and it worked fine until...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by atomicBRblaster, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Lost Windows 10 License after Flash BIOS

Hi there guys,

A few years ago when Microsoft gave us that free W10 License when upgrading of course I picked mine and it worked fine until...

Months after that I bought a new video card that does not work with my motherboard an old and cheap MB, so I found that I could make it work updating my BIOS.

I struggleled a lot to update the BIOS and after that the video card worked well but I noticed that my Windows was not activated anymore.

Now I have to "resurect" that old computer for some general works but I can't use it that old license.

I tried some powershell solutions, some apps and I discovered that my MSDM table disappeared.

Is there a way to retrieve that serial key using some unique known hardware data or with Microsoft support help?

:)

atomicBRblaster, Aug 18, 2020
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Aug 18, 2020
  3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Aug 18, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Lost Windows 10 License after Flash BIOS

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

Lost Windows 10 License after Flash BIOS

1. Lost Windows 10 License after Flash BIOS - Similar Threads - Lost License Flash

2. Windows 10 nôt working after ASUS bios flash

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 nôt working after ASUS bios flash: Heslo,I'm not having much hope for this as there are orher threads about this issue, and non of them are resolved.I have updated the bios on my TUF Gaming x570 PRO WiFi motherboard, and now Windows is not activated stating that my HW config has changed. I tried reentering the...
  3. Windows lost activation after BIOS update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows lost activation after BIOS update.: I just updated my BIOS because I had some presumably memory compatibility-related issues resulting in a Blue Screen each time my PC went to sleep and was woken back up. It is a self built PC that has been running for about 2 years, getting the Windows 11 Update at some point....
  4. Windows lost activation after BIOS update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows lost activation after BIOS update.: I just updated my BIOS because I had some presumably memory compatibility-related issues resulting in a Blue Screen each time my PC went to sleep and was woken back up. It is a self built PC that has been running for about 2 years, getting the Windows 11 Update at some point....
  5. Lost Win 10 License after flash BIOS update

Lost Win 10 License after flash BIOS update: Windows was fine but after I updated BIOS it asks me to activate.I get Error code: 0x803FA067I wanted to activate by phone but it is not there. To activate Windows 10 by phone:Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Activation.Under Activate Windows Now section,...
  6. Lost Win 10 License after flash BIOS update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost Win 10 License after flash BIOS update: Windows was fine but after I updated BIOS it asks me to activate.I get Error code: 0x803FA067I wanted to activate by phone but it is not there. To activate Windows 10 by phone:Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Activation.Under Activate Windows Now section,...
  7. Lost Win 10 License after flash BIOS update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Flash BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flash BIOS: Asus z390 Plus Gaming with WI FI. I am not going to do a second upgrade but am tempted because I think there are about 20 updates since my desktop was updated about 2 years ago. There are 2 means to do so; one is with the downloaded cap file within the machine and an...
  9. Windows deactivated after flashing the Bios

Windows deactivated after flashing the Bios: Hello, I flash my bios Reason: Bios crashed with a flash programmer. Then my windows deactivated. But whenever I tried to re-activate, it's showing an error. I don't have any license key. I'm using a digital license. [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. BIOS Flash

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    BIOS Flash: The laptop asked about flashing the BIOS as a necessary update. After the update the system looks different missing files on Desktop and icons on task bar and it tells me I am on a temporary account. How do I log in to the right account so I can access files and utilities...