Windows 10: Lost Windows 10 Local Admin Password and Pin

Discus and support Lost Windows 10 Local Admin Password and Pin in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have upgraded windows 8 on my Toshiba laptop to windows 10 . I lost windows 10 admin password and pin and unable to login to make any updates are... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SridharW10, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Lost Windows 10 Local Admin Password and Pin

I have upgraded windows 8 on my Toshiba laptop to windows 10 . I lost windows 10 admin password and pin and unable to login to make any updates are access files.

1. I tried shift + Restart and tried to access command prompt but the it flashes command prompt pops up for a second and unable to use this option
    2. Network safe mode command prompt option doesn't work
    3. I don't have Reset USB disk
    4. I cannot create further users with admin access
    5. Unable to enable hidden administrator account
    6. Media creation tool didn't work

Is there any way to unlock admin account without any tool ? I don't want to loose my data, files on laptop. Spent lot of time researching on the issue and none of the links worked. I don't even get with security question options to reset the password. Any help is appreciated.

Note : I can access only guest account and Microsoft account.

:)

SridharW10, Nov 26, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Nov 26, 2020
  3. joya Win User
    WIN 10 Admin password not working.

As far as I know, the safe mode only allows users to login as local account instead of other sign-in options (PIN, Microsoft account or picture password). I suggest you to use the freeware Offline NT Password & Registry to remove your lost local admin password. Once you're able to login to the safe mode, it will be easy for you to set your PC to start in normal mode.

4. Lost Windows 10 Local Admin Password and Pin

lost admin password

Here you go:

1. Create a desktop shortcut for cmd.exe.
    2. Right-click it, then left-click Run as administrator.
    3. Accept the challenge. You will get a black frame.
    4. Type these commands and press Enter after each:

net users

(to see a list of all user accounts)

net user "John Doe" 12345678

(to set John's password to 12345678)
    Deleting the "other admin account" would be equivalent to throwing away your spare house key. Why would you want to do this?

Frederik Long, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

Lost Windows 10 Local Admin Password and Pin

1. Lost Windows 10 Local Admin Password and Pin - Similar Threads - Lost Local Admin

2. Windows recovery.:Forgotten local admin password but know the PIN

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows recovery.:Forgotten local admin password but know the PIN: My daughter powered off the pc mid-update and it will no longer boot to desktop. I have tried the various recovery options to use system restore / uninstall latest update etc but they all ask for a password instead of the PIN that I have been using for several years and I...
  3. lost admin password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost admin password: windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-admin-password/ccb69d2e-0d95-476c-83c6-8692a6e11147
  4. lost admin password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lost admin password: windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-admin-password/ccb69d2e-0d95-476c-83c6-8692a6e11147
  5. lost admin password

6. Windows 8.1 local admin password and pin option disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8.1 local admin password and pin option disappeared: I have been using the pin number to log into my PC for a long time long enough to forget my password. After last Month I loaded a MS update the pin option disappeared from my log in screen just like that. If I could just get that login option back I'd be ok as I know my pin....
  7. Windows 8.1 local admin password and pin option disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 8.1 local admin password and pin option disappeared: I have been using the pin number to log into my PC for a long time long enough to forget my password. After last Month I loaded a MS update the pin option disappeared from my log in screen just like that. If I could just get that login option back I'd be ok as I know my pin....
  8. LOST ADMIN PASSWORD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    LOST ADMIN PASSWORD: Replaced my old computer with a newer HP. Wanting to transfer files. So, I turned the old unit on and it did not ask for my PIN only showed my name. I clicked asked for PASSWORD, I had always used a PIN and my outlook password has changed a lot of times from 2016. I can hit...
  9. lost admin password

in Windows 10 Customization
    lost admin password: I have lost the admin password, fortunately as a user I have admin rights to this computer. I didn't create or have lost the password disk when I installed Windows 10. How do I either delete the other Admin account of change the password for it? Thank you. rk...
  10. admin password lost

admin password lost: i've lost my admin passowrd and can't get in as administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/admin-password-lost/e79664dd-3a2d-4aee-9b63-f8a5336031f9