Windows 10: Lost Windows 7 pictures at Windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support Lost Windows 7 pictures at Windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I find my Windows 7 pictures after my Windows 10 upgrade? Is there a "standard" way to do this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sturdyboomer, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Lost Windows 7 pictures at Windows 10 upgrade

How do I find my Windows 7 pictures after my Windows 10 upgrade? Is there a "standard" way to do this?

:)

Sturdyboomer, Mar 6, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 6, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Mar 6, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Lost Windows 7 pictures at Windows 10 upgrade

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

Lost Windows 7 pictures at Windows 10 upgrade

1. Lost Windows 7 pictures at Windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Lost pictures upgrade

2. Upgrading windows 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading windows 7 to 10: HiI’m a bit of a novice when it comes to computersI’m trying to upgrade my mums laptop from windows 7 to 10. I purchased a product key I went to the Microsoft webpage and started downloading the update product. Windows 10 downloaded then said it was ‘preparing the computer’...
  3. Windows 7 to 10 upgrade

Windows 7 to 10 upgrade: I am about to upgrade reluctantly! from Windows 7 pro to w10. Previously, when upgrading from one version to another, the new one has "loaded on top" and my installed programs carried on as though nothing had happened. I have quite a few programs installed and all used and am...
  4. Upgrade Windows 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Upgrade Windows 7 to 10: My hard drive is partitioned. How will that effect the upgrade process? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-windows-7-to-10/7f116cfd-4c72-46b3-8885-9bc3378df165"
  5. Upgrading Windows 7 to 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading Windows 7 to 10?: I have an old laptop with Windows 7 installed on it. I want to upgrade it to Windows 10, but the hdd is also pretty much dead so I want to replace that. Can I use the existing windows 7 product key to activate Windows 10 on a new storage drive? And how do I do that? Window...
  6. Windows 7 upgraded to WIndows 10. Missing a lot of Documents P& pictures

Windows 7 upgraded to WIndows 10. Missing a lot of Documents P& pictures: I took my PC in to have virus removed and WIndows 10 installed. I previously had WIndows 7. Now all my scanned documents and majority of pictures especially from the last two years are gone. I can find documents/pics from much older years still, but literally hundreds of...
  7. Windows 7 to 10 upgrade

Windows 7 to 10 upgrade: I recently upgraded and ever since my pc is painfully slow in some apps. Worst is in Excell where copy and paste is awful. I have looked at some advice on this and find nothing that works so far. Rob...
  8. windows 7 to 10 upgrade

windows 7 to 10 upgrade: Hello,, Is there any way or program helps me to upgrade windows 7 to 10 online by steps.. my internet is weak and I cant download the upgrade without intrept,, I want to download a part then stop then resume next day from where I stopped I hope you to help me.. my...
  9. Windows 7 to 10 upgrade

Windows 7 to 10 upgrade: A friend of mine has finally decided to bite the bullet and upgrade to 10, however he has a very limited download limit and I was wondering if there is a way I could download the upgrade and create a bootable DVD for him to carry out the upgrade? Any help appreciated...
  10. Pictures Lost On Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Pictures Lost On Upgrade: Hi y'all, My upgrade (laptop) went smoothly. However, a friend upgraded her computer and said her pictures are lost. I tried talking her through searching for them, and she said the ones that appear are 0 bytes in size. Of course, she should have backed up her files...