Windows 10: Lost windows activation key, help

Discus and support Lost windows activation key, help in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello. Recently I have put together a new computer using previously bought parts and an older part I have salvaged. This older part is my family's old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Llamabro4, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Llamabro4 Win User

Lost windows activation key, help

Hello. Recently I have put together a new computer using previously bought parts and an older part I have salvaged. This older part is my family's old HDD that has windows 10 installed on it. Now that I have put everything together, I need the windows product key to activate windows 10. Apparently, my dad has lost this key and can no longer find it. I was wondering if there was a way I can retrieve this key without paying another sum of money to buy windows again, or am I stuck and forced to make the purchase? I also noticed that this newly built pc is horrendously slow, even though it has an i5 2400 quad-core processor, pretty decent graphics card (I don't feel like finding the specs as it is not very important), 12GB of RAM, 550W power supply, and an unneeded SSD. I was wondering if not having windows activated could make my pc come down to this awful crawl since it won't allow me to update PCI drivers without windows, or if something else could be the problem. Thank you for reading this and I am sorry for the extra questions. I am pretty new to this stuff so it is appreciated if you go easy on me. Thanks.

:)

Llamabro4, Mar 7, 2019

2. Lost Windows Key

Hi Saravanan,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To start Product Activation:

• Go to Start, then select Settings, choose
      Update & security, and then select Activation.
    • If your device is not activated, the Activate by phone option will be available.
    Hope this information is helpful.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 7, 2019
  3. lost windows activation key, need new free os thats just as easy as windows

So Windows is already installed and refuses to activiate or are you not getting through the install because you don't have to key to put in the boxes?

If you were never prompted for a key, the key is embeded in the install disk. You can retrieve the key via the registry.

If the activation wizard is being bitchy as usual, it gives you the phone number you have to call. Call them up, explain your situation, and they'll give you what you need to make it go away.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 7, 2019
  4. ST.o.CH Win User

Need help with Windows 8 key

Hi,
    I need help with an Windows 8 key, I made an installation with the Windows 8 that went wrong after the activation, and when I was activate the key after a clean install I received a message that that key was already redeemed.
    How can I get my key back?
    I would like to move to new Windows 10 legitimately, with out piracy.

Any help or advice is very welcome.

ST.o.CH, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Lost windows activation key, help - Similar Threads - Lost activation key

2. Lost Windows Activation Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost Windows Activation Product Key: Hi There, I recently purchased a download of windows 11 for my new PC from the Microsoft website, I have unfortunately deleted my email with the product key, I can see the purchase in my purchase history online, but I can't find the key. How can I find the key it if I can't...
  3. Lost Windows Activation Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost Windows Activation Product Key: Hi There, I recently purchased a download of windows 11 for my new PC from the Microsoft website, I have unfortunately deleted my email with the product key, I can see the purchase in my purchase history online, but I can't find the key. How can I find the key it if I can't...
  4. Recover lost Windows activation key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Recover lost Windows activation key: During the time of free Windows 10 upgrades I performed an online upgrade from Windows 7 pro to Windows 10 pro with no requirement to purchase Win 10 license. Recently my motherboard failed and I transferred my HDD to near clone hardware Lenovo G50-80 and since Windows has...
  5. lost activation key

lost activation key: hello I wish you can help me I update my laptop from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro when the update was free , put after time I forced to go back to windows 7 I have hp envy laptop by hitting f11 to restore it can I go back to window 10 pro I didn't save the key when o...
  6. Lost Windows 10 Activation Key

Lost Windows 10 Activation Key: Hi, I recently purchased a Windows 10 Home product off of Amazon, complete in box. I didn't realize the activation key was on paper in the box and threw it all away. When I inserted the activation media, it prompted me with the watermark in the bottom right corner asking for...
  7. Lost activation key!

Lost activation key!: I threw away my activation key last year and now am installing faster RAM and Windows is asking for my activation key, which I no longer have. Can you buy a new key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-activation-key/c1ffb953-d28b-4b22-a301-bd40c574f617
  8. Lost activation key

Lost activation key: Recently my hardrive crashed and I lost everything in it. By mistake a had not prepared recovery drive, and I don't have activation key stored somewhere. Is there a way I can get my activation key using my Microsoft account. Thank you....
  9. Windows 10 Activation Key Lost

Windows 10 Activation Key Lost: Hello, I recently upgraded my computers motherboard, cpu, and ram. I've had problems with windows in the past, the most recent issue prior to windows randomly deactivating during a game of Borderlands 3 last night was when my SSD that came with my pre-build kicked the bucket....
  10. Lost Windows Activation Product Key

Lost Windows Activation Product Key: I recently lost my Windows 10 pro Activation product key and now Microsoft wants me to activate my windows but now i dnt have any product key please suggest me the way i dnt want to lost my all data......

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Worldhttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-my-windows-10-pro-activation-key-pls-help/43226f22-c990-46a6-a27a-9f06895da648