Windows 10: Lost Windows Security Password

Discus and support Lost Windows Security Password in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello all,I recently tried to install a VPN on my personal computer, but it requires me to sign into Windows Security first. I originally set up the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lucas J, Sep 25, 2022.

1. Lucas J Win User

Lost Windows Security Password

Hello all,I recently tried to install a VPN on my personal computer, but it requires me to sign into Windows Security first. I originally set up the Windows Security credentials when I bought my computer, but I no longer have my password for it. My password for my Microsoft account does not work for this task. Is there any way to reset it? Specifically, a "Windows Security" password. A password reset for my Microsoft account or to open my computer will not help.

:)

Lucas J, Sep 25, 2022
  2. Try3 Win User

Lost My Administrator Password

To which "this" are you referring?
    - If you are following the tutorial Bree suggested in the very first reply to your question then what you need to do at each step is explained in detail. So which step are you at?
    - If you are following a different procedure then state what it is and which step you are at. If, for example, you are trying to manually enable the Built-In Admin as suggested in post #11 then that account has no password.

Denis

3. Lost password

"What to do if you forget your Windows 8/8.1 password"

Change or reset your Windows password

If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:

• If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
    • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. For more info, go to the

Reset your password
      webpage.
    • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.
    If you've tried these suggestions and still can't sign in:

• If you have Windows 8.1, you'll need to reinstall Windows.

• If you have Windows RT 8.1, you'll need to contact your PC manufacturer.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Microsoft forbids any assistance being given in these Forums to help you bypass or "crack" lost or forgotten Passwords.

Here is the Microsoft Information outlining that Policy:

Redirecting

Microsoft policy about lost or forgotten passwords

Technical support policy for lost or forgotten passwords - Windows security

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Sep 25, 2022
  4. Lost Windows Security Password

lost password

Hi,

We don't work for Microsoft.

Microsoft won't give you a "temp" password, as you are dealing with Security of an Account.

"What to do if you forget your Windows 8/8.1 password"

Change or reset your Windows password

If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:

• If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
    • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. For more info, go to the

Reset your password
      webpage.
    • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.
    If you've tried these suggestions and still can't sign in:

• If you have Windows 8.1, you'll need to reinstall Windows.
    • If you have Windows RT 8.1, you'll need to contact your PC manufacturer.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Microsoft forbids any assistance being given in these Forums to help you bypass or "crack" lost or forgotten Passwords.

Here is the Microsoft Information outlining that Policy:

Redirecting

Microsoft policy about lost or forgotten passwords

Technical support policy for lost or forgotten passwords - Windows security

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Sep 25, 2022
Thema:

Lost Windows Security Password

1. Lost Windows Security Password - Similar Threads - Lost Security Password

2. Lost Windows Security Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost Windows Security Password: Hello all,I recently tried to install a VPN on my personal computer, but it requires me to sign into Windows Security first. I originally set up the Windows Security credentials when I bought my computer, but I no longer have my password for it. My password for my Microsoft...
  3. Lost Password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost Password: Hi,I have a pin to sign into my Computerwindows 10But with the last 2 updates from windows,I cannot recovery my PasswordI have 2 media Players for which I can elect to show contents of my Computer & Drivesproviding I have selected on each drive to ShareThe Password is not...
  4. Lost password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost password: How do I open windows on a pc without knowing the password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-password/ca6d78b3-4a9f-4ae0-abaa-f431be86a94e
  5. Lost password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost password: How do I open windows on a pc without knowing the password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-password/ca6d78b3-4a9f-4ae0-abaa-f431be86a94e
  6. Password lost

in Windows 10 Customization
    Password lost: Does anyone know how to recover a password on your computer, I have a theme that needs a forgotten password in order to get to my windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-lost/33e7d6f0-dc26-42f3-9ffb-f8b3a8330cf6
  7. Lost password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lost password: Hello My computer is in bootsafe mode, I have the pin code but lost my password. I can’t get back to normal boot mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-password/7d1eec36-e94a-4e03-a363-4c3375c21908
  8. Password Lost

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Password Lost: Windows10 update was just completed and my system re-booted. Upon trying to boot up, the MS logo was on my screen and the circle of death. After a few seconds, the screen went blank. After re-starting, I was able to access the various recovery tools. Unfortunately, all of...
  9. lost password

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    lost password: Hi I have lost my password that I use to get my windows credential saved passwords anyone know what to do
  10. Lost Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lost Password: Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, I have to have a password to log on and I never set a password. Is anyone else having this problem, and if so please help. 19594