Windows 10: Lost Wireless connectivity using windows 10

Discus and support Lost Wireless connectivity using windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, please can someone knowledgeable help me?My Sony vaio laptop is not connecting to the internet wirelessly today previously, no problems at all. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by C#}, May 21, 2022.

1. C#}
    C#} Win User

Lost Wireless connectivity using windows 10

Hi, please can someone knowledgeable help me?My Sony vaio laptop is not connecting to the internet wirelessly today previously, no problems at all. My router is fine. I switched it off/on just in case. My other devices connect to it wirelessly with no issues. Looking online, I *think* this connectivity issue is connected with windows 10. The WiFi shows as being off, even though the wireless button on the side of the laptop is toggled on I’ve turned it off/in several times since - no change. I can turn it on via settings but it won’t stay on, so troubleshooter keeps saying the wireless cap

:)

2. Aquinus Win User

Windows 10 Ethernet connection randomly disconnects

I suggest checking out the event log in Windows. It's likely going to tell you why (to some degree,) why the network connection was lost. I haven't had this issue with wired connections but, with wireless it has almost always come down to drivers or a strange software bug which boiled down to how the driver operates.

Aquinus, May 21, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Ethernet connection randomly disconnects

Drivers and certain antivirus software or vpn related stuff.

eidairaman1, May 21, 2022
  4. Lost Wireless connectivity using windows 10

Lost wireless connection on the PC using Windows 10.

Hi Ray,

Thank you for responding and answering the questions.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the wireless internet connection.

Do let us know if you have tried the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article suggested by Likitha V?

What is the complete make and model of your device to search for the drivers?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Network Adapter troubleshooter

Network Adapter troubleshooter find and fix the problems with wireless and other Network Adapter.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click onView all.
    • Click on Network Adapter Troubleshooter.
    • Select Advance and click on
      Run as Administrator.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If the issue still persists then,

Step 2: Uninstall your network driver and try installing latest driver from the manufacturer’s website.

Before you uninstall the driver, I suggest you to download the latest drivers from the same computer or from different computer, copy the drivers on to the computer facing issues and install manually.

To uninstall drivers, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + x key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Network adapters. Right-click on the device and click
      Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Refer to the article suggested by Andre Da Costa to install the drivers manually:
    How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Also, I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps in the below article Refer:
    Why can't I get online?

Hope it helps. Try the troubleshooting steps mentioned and get back to us with an updated status of this issue on the same thread for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 21, 2022
Thema:

Lost Wireless connectivity using windows 10

1. Lost Wireless connectivity using windows 10 - Similar Threads - Lost Wireless connectivity

2. Lost Wireless connectivity using windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost Wireless connectivity using windows 10: Hi, please can someone knowledgeable help me?My Sony vaio laptop is not connecting to the internet wirelessly today previously, no problems at all. My router is fine. I switched it off/on just in case. My other devices connect to it wirelessly with no issues. Looking online,...
  3. Lost Wireless connectivity using windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost Wireless connectivity using windows 10: Hi, please can someone knowledgeable help me?My Sony vaio laptop is not connecting to the internet wirelessly today previously, no problems at all. My router is fine. I switched it off/on just in case. My other devices connect to it wirelessly with no issues. Looking online,...
  4. wireless keyboard lost connection to dongle stick

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wireless keyboard lost connection to dongle stick: I am using the onscreen keyboard on the pc for now.how can i reactivate the hardwarechanged batteries no difference https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-keyboard-lost-connection-to-dongle-stick/0e2dc08a-2715-43f4-9b71-e8cef46611ea
  5. wireless keyboard lost connection to dongle stick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wireless keyboard lost connection to dongle stick: I am using the onscreen keyboard on the pc for now.how can i reactivate the hardwarechanged batteries no difference https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-keyboard-lost-connection-to-dongle-stick/0e2dc08a-2715-43f4-9b71-e8cef46611ea
  6. wireless keyboard lost connection to dongle stick

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Lost wireless connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost wireless connection: Hello! I had my pc on during a storm and the power flickered, causing it to turn off. Before this I was connected to wireless internet. I dunno how, but after the power flicker, my pc now only accepts to be connected by Ethernet from now on. It doesn’t show me the mobile...
  8. Lost wireless printer connection after the latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost wireless printer connection after the latest Windows 10 update: Ever since the most recent Windows 10 update, a week or so ago, my printer has failed to work. It is a network printer via wireless. The settings all seem correct. When I have uninstalls the software for the printer and gotten the latest versions installed, I get a screen...
  9. The wireless connection is constantly being lost

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The wireless connection is constantly being lost: When I try to use my university's Wi-Fi, my wireless connection constantly changes to "No Internet access". I still have to go through the fight every time this happens, where I have to finish rebooting the PC. I'm not sure what is causing this....
  10. Windows 10 wireless connection problem No Wireless Connections Availa

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 wireless connection problem No Wireless Connections Availa: Turned on my computer this morning and my device can't find any wifi "Not connected no connections available" my other computers can connect to my modem no problem Wondering if anyone can direct to a link with a solve or give me some advice on how to resolve this...