Windows 10: Lost wireless printer connection after the latest Windows 10 update

Discus and support Lost wireless printer connection after the latest Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ever since the most recent Windows 10 update, a week or so ago, my printer has failed to work. It is a network printer via wireless. The settings all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ThomasGibbons1, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Lost wireless printer connection after the latest Windows 10 update

Ever since the most recent Windows 10 update, a week or so ago, my printer has failed to work. It is a network printer via wireless. The settings all seem correct. When I have uninstalls the software for the printer and gotten the latest versions installed, I get a screen saying SMU Azure Directory, asking for my username and password. One of the updates was something to do with SyncAzureDebug. How do I deal with this?

:)

ThomasGibbons1, Apr 30, 2020
  2. badrobot Win User

Problems connecting to wireless printer

What is the brand and model of the wireless adapter card? You may have to go to the manufacturer's website and get Windows 10 supported driver or whatever latest driver they have.

badrobot, Apr 30, 2020
  3. in windows 10 how do i turn on my wireless printer

Hi,

• What is the make and model of the printer and the computer?

As you have mentioned that “I cannot turn on my wireless printer. it says my radio is off”
    which means the wireless button might not have turned ‘ON’ on your printer.

So I suggest you to check for the wireless button on the printer and turn it ‘ON’ then follow the below steps to ‘ADD’ the wireless printer on your computer and connect it, check if it helps.

• In the Search box type as ‘Device and Printers’.
    • Click on ‘Add a printer’ you will find the wireless printer is displayed on your computer.
    • Click on the printer and click on ‘Next’.
    • Follow the onscreen instruction and connect the computer and printer.

If still you are facing issue in connecting the wireless printer then I suggest you to refer to the printer manual and check if it helps.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Lost wireless printer connection after the latest Windows 10 update

wireless printer

Have you downloaded and installed the latest Windows 10 driver?

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL345...

Step 1: Prepare for installation

Before setting up the printer on your wireless network, gather the network name and password, and turn on your router, printer, and computer.

Gather the following items:

Network name: The network name is the SSID.

Security passphrase (WEP key or WPA)

A computer that is connected to the wireless network

Internet access (recommended): HP recommends broadband Internet access such as cable or DSL.

note:

Internet access is not required for you to install your printer with a wireless connection. However, you do need Internet access to use Web Services, get printer updates, and to download drivers from the HP website.

Your wireless-capable printer: Place it close to the computer during the installation procedure.

Make sure the printer, router, and computer are all turned on, and that the computer is connected to the same wireless network you want to connect the printer to.

Disconnect the USB cable if it is connected to the printer.

Optional: If you previously installed the software for a USB connection and now want to change to a wireless network connection, remove the USB installation before you continue.

Search Windows for your printer model name, then click the printer name in the list of results.

The printer software opens.

Click Utilities, then click Printer Setup & Software Selection.

Click Convert a USB connected printer to wireless or Connect a new printer depending on your version of Windows.

Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the connection. Once the printer has been set up on the wireless network, there is no need to continue with the steps in this document.

Step 2: Connect your wireless printer to a wireless network

Connect your printer to your wireless network using the following steps.

Search Windows for your printer model name, then click the printer name in the list of results.

The printer software opens.

Click Utilities, then click Printer Setup & Software Selection.

If you previously installed the software for a USB connection and now want to change to a wireless network connection, remove the USB installation before you continue

Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the connection. Once the printer has been set up on the wireless network, there is no need to continue with the steps in this document.

Step 3: Download and install the printer software

Andre Da Costa, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

Lost wireless printer connection after the latest Windows 10 update

1. Lost wireless printer connection after the latest Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Lost wireless printer

2. Lost Wireless connectivity using windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Wireless connectivity using windows 10: Hi, please can someone knowledgeable help me?My Sony vaio laptop is not connecting to the internet wirelessly today previously, no problems at all. My router is fine. I switched it off/on just in case. My other devices connect to it wirelessly with no issues. Looking online,...
  3. Lost wireless connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost wireless connection: Hello! I had my pc on during a storm and the power flickered, causing it to turn off. Before this I was connected to wireless internet. I dunno how, but after the power flicker, my pc now only accepts to be connected by Ethernet from now on. It doesn’t show me the mobile...
  4. Windows 10 Printer 'lost' and non installable after latest update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Printer 'lost' and non installable after latest update: windows 10 Home 19042.804. My HP Pro 8720 disappeared from the printer list, Have tried to recover it using HP 'Doctor' - failed - tried to download driver could not find - apparently it's supposed to be part of windows. Spent whole of Friday aftrenoon on the web trying to...
  5. lost sound after Windows 10 latest update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    lost sound after Windows 10 latest update: My HP desktop has been running happily with windows 10 but the latest windows update has killed my sound. Have tried all the instructions as per the HP virtual assistant; but still no sound. Need help, my knowledge of software is very limited. 163917
  6. lost sound after Windows 10 latest update

in Windows 10 Support
    lost sound after Windows 10 latest update: My HP desktop has been running happily with windows 10 but the latest windows update has killed my sound. Have tried all the instructions as per the HP virtual assistant; but still no sound. Need help, my knowledge of software is very limited. 163917
  7. Data lost after after windows 10 latest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Data lost after after windows 10 latest update: Hello Everyone!!! I'm facing issues regarding the latest update of windows 10. My Data and Apps that i installed got deleted. Every time logged in to my device My device removes my data.......Please help me to solve my issue Thank you so much!!!...
  8. Lost printer after last Windows 10 update

Lost printer after last Windows 10 update: My printer stopped working last week and yesterday, in order to get it working again, I restored to the previous update on june 9th . . . then it worked again. Last night windows updated itself again and the printer has stopped working again . . . by not working i mean...
  9. Printer not working after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printer not working after latest Windows 10 update: After running a Window 10 update my Brother HL-4040CDN printer no longer prints. I checked with Brother and they said the issue is with the update. Can anyone provide a fix or workaround. Thanks...
  10. Printer Problems after Windows 10 latest update.

Printer Problems after Windows 10 latest update.: I have been using a HP LaserJet 3050 for more than 10 years. Worked fine until about 2 weeks ago after an update was pushed out to me. I have tried everything to get this printer back up and working and finally got it to print this morning. Problem is it didn't print what I...