Windows 10: lot of system folders being generated almost daily in volume d.

Discus and support lot of system folders being generated almost daily in volume d. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have upgraded my office laptop from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I also do constantly keep running Windows update to ensure everything is latest.However... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DevendraSharma2, Jan 15, 2022.

1. lot of system folders being generated almost daily in volume d.

I have upgraded my office laptop from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I also do constantly keep running Windows update to ensure everything is latest.However from the time I have upgraded to Windows 11, there seem to be lot of system folders. being generated almost daily 3-4 folders creation on average per day. Till date I have 72 folders which have been created automatically on my D: drive.This is very irritating and also pose problems in working on my own stuff.Please suggest some solution to this problem.

:)

DevendraSharma2, Jan 15, 2022

2. Removing errant files in the "System Volume Information" folder under Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

I suggest you to first stop Volume Shadow Copy service and try to remove the files and check. Follow the steps provided below:

Step 1: Stop Volume Shadow Copy service

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.

• Type services.msc.

• Search for Volume Shadow Copy service.

• Right click on it and select
      Stop.
    Now, take ownership of the System volume Information folder and then try to delete its contents.

Step 2: File permissions.

• Right click on System volume Information folder.
    • Select Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Select the user name.
    • Click on Edit button.
    • Under permission to Authenticated user, check on full control.
    • Click on Apply and OK button.

Hope it helps. Do let us know the status of the issue. If you need further assistance, get back to us. We will be glad to assist you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 15, 2022
  3. Teddy2016 Win User
    Windows 10 generates A LOT OF strange folders ON ALL DRIVES

Hi!

Replace current IT support! User interaction, setup the D: partition for data. Lets confirm "Users data". Documents, Pictures, etc. Looking at the first screenshot, the folders looks like My user "Teddy's" hidden folder in /AppData/temp. They are hidden
    from users view

So you need to look at the way the users data was pointed to the D: partition. In the file tree there is a C:/Users folder. All the users of the pc are in that folder even the default user. So the c:/users folder should have been pointed at the d:/. Or left
    alone as a storage folder for users to file. Setup as primary partition.

You are right the system is generating the folders. But you said:

"it is a common practice to separate physical drive into 2 logic volumes: c for windows, d for data."

That makes it a partition not a drive, and as a logic volume the system is going to use it.

We are all MS Windows end users. We all paid for our "license" to use the software with no support.

Teddy2016, Jan 15, 2022
  4. Gino Des Win User

lot of system folders being generated almost daily in volume d.

unremoval the system volume information and Recycle bin in System folder D

Hi Chan,

These folders are critical components of Windows and are usually located on the drive where Windows is installed. The
    System Volume Information folder is used by System Restore for restore points. The
    $RECYCLE.BIN folder is used to store the deleted files for that particular drive until emptied from the Recycle Bin. Some viruses can also create fake copies of these folders on your computer.

To better assist you with this concern, we would like to know more information about your computer and this issue.

• Do you see folders named $RECYCYLE.BIN and System Volume information on a secondary or external hard drive?
    • Do you want to delete these folders to free up disk space?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer before these folders appeared?
    • Have you already performed a system scan using an antivirus software?

Looking forward to your reply.

Gino Des, Jan 15, 2022
Thema:

lot of system folders being generated almost daily in volume d.

1. lot of system folders being generated almost daily in volume d. - Similar Threads - lot system folders

2. Random BSODs almost daily

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSODs almost daily: Hey, so randomly when I am gaming, watching YouTube and things like that I will randomly BSOD, with the error in the event viewer A fatal hardware error has occurred. A fatal hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Machine Check...
  3. Random BSODs almost daily

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSODs almost daily: Hey, so randomly when I am gaming, watching YouTube and things like that I will randomly BSOD, with the error in the event viewer A fatal hardware error has occurred. A fatal hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Machine Check...
  4. lot of system folders being generated almost daily in volume d.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lot of system folders being generated almost daily in volume d.: I have upgraded my office laptop from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I also do constantly keep running Windows update to ensure everything is latest.However from the time I have upgraded to Windows 11, there seem to be lot of system folders. being generated almost daily 3-4...
  5. Almost daily BSoD appears

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Almost daily BSoD appears: Hello, I've attached a log file hoping someone would be kind enough to view it and help find a solution to this vexing problem of BSoD. Windows 21h1 Much obliged Thank You Ian 182241
  6. Daily system restore points not being created

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Daily system restore points not being created: I recently had a system crash and tried to use System Restore to get me out of trouble. When I opened my safety net via the Advanced Startup options, I was told that NO POINTS had been set. I always understood that SR creates points automatically on a daily basis. SR was...
  7. System Volume Information folder using a lot of space

in Windows 10 Support
    System Volume Information folder using a lot of space: My main drive is an SSD and thus doesn't have a lot of space. I'm getting close to the edge so I was looking for things I could delete. The System Volume Information folder is using a lot of real estate. Is there a way to reduce this. 80% of the space it uses is for files...
  8. C drive almost full but D drive has lots of space!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    C drive almost full but D drive has lots of space!: Hi, I would like to know if I can move "Users" from the C drive to the D drive as the C drive is almost full and I have lots of space on the D drive?...
  9. Almost Daily Activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Almost Daily Activation: My windows 10 home version 1909 64bit is causing me grief! I upgraded from a genuine windows 7 not long after windows 10 became available. Everything has been perfect until a few weeks ago when it displayed that it was no longer activated. I ran the troubleshoot on the...
  10. Lots Of Daily Spam Emails

in Browsers and Email
    Lots Of Daily Spam Emails: Hello there, I have my primary email address that tends to get, on average, maybe 30 Junk emails daily that end up in the Junk folder. Sometimes the Junk emails tend to get through to my Inbox. So I have learned that if you load the email message "completely", it's...