Windows 10: Lots of BSOD errors and can't factory reset

Discus and support Lots of BSOD errors and can't factory reset in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I got the stop code KERNEL _SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE my computer has been crashing all day and nothing I have tried has worked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Totalrekt177, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Lots of BSOD errors and can't factory reset

I got the stop code KERNEL _SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE my computer has been crashing all day and nothing I have tried has worked

:)

Totalrekt177, Aug 2, 2021

2. Factory reset "Error" message

Hi Jaxyn,

It seems that the issue that you initially encountered also interferes with the factory reset. In order for us to provide the appropriate solution, we'd like to ask for additional information. Please answer the following:

• Aside from failing at 30%-32%, are you also getting an error message or code?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Aug 2, 2021
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Aug 2, 2021
  4. Kursah Win User

Lots of BSOD errors and can't factory reset

BSOD - Registry Error

Your BSOD code is 0X000000051

Here's the Google search I did for it: https://www.google.com/search?q=0x0...j5.399j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

There is a hotfix available that might help, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/810558

This thread makes a few good suggestions too: http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-hel...dows-7-pro-sp1-registry-error-0x00000051.html

+1 to listing your full system specs, OS version, etc. I did only look at your BSOD log file.

Run a Diskchk /R (I know you already ran one, so you can skip this)

Run SFC /SCANNOW

Report back.

Kursah, Aug 2, 2021
Thema:

Lots of BSOD errors and can't factory reset

1. Lots of BSOD errors and can't factory reset - Similar Threads - Lots BSOD errors

2. Bsod after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod after factory reset: Hello. I have a laptop. I wanted to sell it so I just did the factory reset and sold it. After the customer took it during the reset process he called me the next day and came back with a bsod. I tried repairing the disks, didn't work. I tried reinstalling windows, but it...
  3. Bsod after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bsod after factory reset: Hello. I have a laptop. I wanted to sell it so I just did the factory reset and sold it. After the customer took it during the reset process he called me the next day and came back with a bsod. I tried repairing the disks, didn't work. I tried reinstalling windows, but it...
  4. Bsod after factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Factory reset error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset error: So i was factory resetting my brothers computer. Started the reset and came back a few hours later to find this error. What do i do? Every time i press ok it just pops up again......
  6. Factory reset error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory reset error: So i was factory resetting my brothers computer. Started the reset and came back a few hours later to find this error. What do i do? Every time i press ok it just pops up again......
  7. Can't Factory Reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Factory Reset: I am trying to factory reset my HP Laptop 15. The reason is that the boot device is not found. Everytime I spam f11 to reset, it doesn't open and goes to the error screen. Is there another way to reset? My laptop doesn't open past the boot device not found error screen....
  8. factory reset error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    factory reset error: I've been having problems resetting my computer every time I try to reset it it fails. Ive tried every option in for resetting my pc and it still doesn't work. I have also tried the SFC scan fix but the scan failed every time I tried. I'm unsure what other option I have to...
  9. Can't Factory reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Factory reset: It says could not find the recovery environment, ive tried cmd and reagentc /enable, and it says reimage not found, I,ve even re purchased windows, and it still wont reset please help. URGENT submitted by /u/ZoomerBBX [link] [comments]...
  10. FACTORY RESET ERRORS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    FACTORY RESET ERRORS: I cannot restore my surface 3 to factory settings. I have completed through every article possible and it cannot complete. When I go through advanced startup and erase the disk it says 'unknown error occurred, no changes were made'. When I try to do a clean installation...