Windows 10: Lots of BSODs during PC games 3 yesterday

Discus and support Lots of BSODs during PC games 3 yesterday in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I get BSOD right after exiting game or during game. Yesterday I played a lot and got 3 of them. It never happens without game involved. It never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Vytautas Raškevičius, May 23, 2020.

1. Lots of BSODs during PC games 3 yesterday

I get BSOD right after exiting game or during game. Yesterday I played a lot and got 3 of them. It never happens without game involved. It never happens with old video card which barely supports gaming at all. Here are 3 minidump files zipped from yesterday:http://www.mediafire.com/file/uiuv31zsgscqren/games_BSOD_2020-05-22.zip/file Here is my system information from dxdiag tool:https://pastebin.com/608icL8V I can provide all other information you want. I am so desperate that I want to move to other PC with just 2 CPU cores instead of 4. Thank you for every help.

I tried BlueScreenView myself it shows me red ntoskrnl.exe file all 3 times.

:)

Vytautas Raškevičius, May 23, 2020

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 23, 2020
  3. DB_923 Win User
    Lots of BSOD's

Hi everyone, over the past week or so I've been facing the nightmare of many blue screens of death. At first, the messages on the BSOD's were not consistent, always changing and it made it very difficult to pinpoint the issue. I've an SSD running my windows
    and a HDD for games etc. Aswell as the BSOD's, I've been facing tons of application crashes, whether that be google chrome tabs going "Aw Snap!" or outright application crashes, typically games though even smaller applications like the messaging service discord.
    It's important to note that some days I have a lot less application crashes and BSOD's than other which is confusing to me. Tuesday I only had 1 in the evening after work, whereas Wednesday I faced several and tons of application crashes.

The errors are not on startup, sometimes my PC can be fine for a few hours or even several hours before they begin.

I've done many different troubleshooting things, including:

• Ran a full scan with McAfee, also downloaded malwarebytes, run it and found no virus
    • sfc /scanow which stated it fixed some issues but it did not fix my problem
    • chkdsk on my C Drive (SSD) which contains windows and it stated there were no errors
    • Used DDU to uninstall my nvidia drivers (i have a 1070) and then clean installed ones from early last year. I faced further BSOD's after this, so I repeated the process but instead installed nvidia drivers from December. The blue screens were not as common
      however were still occurring, so I repeated the same process and installed the newest NVIDIA drivers that came out this week, where it was fine for a day and then the following day I faced tons of BSOD's and application crashes - so much so it was almost impossible
      to do anything on my computer.
    • I've reset windows twice, saving my files the first time, wiping them the second time.
    • I've used CCleaner to fix any registry issues
    • I've used windows memory diagnostic which reported back no errors at the time.
    • I've done windows startup repair which stated it was unable to repair my PC - stating how it created a log file called "E\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt"

Some of the BSOD's I've faced include the errors:

• SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (the most common error here)
    • SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (dxgmms2.sys)
    • KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    • KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (Ntfs.sys)
    • PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    • CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION (haven't had one of these since last week)
    • REGISTRY_ERROR (first one yesterday evening)

Checking windows event viewer, some of the applications crashing included:

• mmc.exe
    • ntdll.dll
    • Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered

Any guidance or questions are greatly appreciated, many thanks in advance if anyone can help me fix this mess.

DB_923, May 23, 2020
  4. Depth Win User

Lots of BSODs during PC games 3 yesterday

Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Lots of BSODs during PC games 3 yesterday

1. Lots of BSODs during PC games 3 yesterday - Similar Threads - Lots BSODs during

2. BSOD during playing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD during playing a game: Hello, could you please help me with a problem: yesterday I got BSOD while playing a video game.The error code was 124, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. My PC specs: AMD Ryzen 3600, 16 GB DDR4, Radeon 6700XT, PSU 600W. XMP disabled, no overclocking, all standard bios settings. This...
  3. new pc and a lot of bsods

in Windows 10 Gaming
    new pc and a lot of bsods: hi I have a new pc windows 11 os and it keeps getting bsods different kinds of errors from time to time usually every 2 days my first bsod was when i was playing valorant and randomly my pc crashed with an error SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and then another day i bought a new...
  4. new pc and a lot of bsods

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    new pc and a lot of bsods: hi I have a new pc windows 11 os and it keeps getting bsods different kinds of errors from time to time usually every 2 days my first bsod was when i was playing valorant and randomly my pc crashed with an error SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and then another day i bought a new...
  5. BSOD during gaming/streaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD during gaming/streaming: I had a couple of bsod a few weeks ago after a windows update both while streaming a game Dark Souls III and while just playing without streaming Dark Souls Remastered. Based on the error code, I uninstalled my gpu drivers and installed the newest available and that seemed to...
  6. PC Crashes during games, no BSOD, just dies

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC Crashes during games, no BSOD, just dies: Hello,My PC has been crashing for the last couple months when playing modern games. I'll be able to play about 20 minutes before my PC crashes in an incredibly unhelpful way.The screen will either lose signal or change to a solid color usually white with no BSOD or other info...
  7. PC has been crashing during gaming No BSOD

PC has been crashing during gaming No BSOD: My PC has recently started crashing for no reason today while playing a game and I'm not sure why. I haven't made any huge changes to the PC and haven't downloaded any new programs, it has been working fine until today. I'm don't know what is suddenly causing these crashes,...
  8. Lots of BSOD on new PC

Lots of BSOD on new PC: Hello, I have a lot of BSOD on my new workstation. I have it from 20 days. At the beginning I thought it was an SSD then I changed it. No BSOD for 2 weeks and then today it started with a random exit from a game then a lot of BSOD all with different messages. I succeded in...
  9. BSOD during gaming

BSOD during gaming: Hi, so I have been experiencing blue screens during any form of intensive gaming e.g. Battlefield, Assassin's Creed Odyssey. I assumed it was a memory related issue, I have replaced the kit of RAM I was using to no success. I have since also replaced my motherboard as it was...
  10. Random BSOD during desktop and gaming (Diablo 3)

Random BSOD during desktop and gaming (Diablo 3): Hi all, After a year of minimal usage of my desktop pc, I decided to play Diablo 3 again. However, I'm having frequent crashes, both during gameplay but also when browsing the web, or sometimes right after startup even. It's not caused by Diablo 3 as the crashes were there...