Windows 10: Lots of "Disk full" Errors, Disks Have Ample Space

Discus and support Lots of "Disk full" Errors, Disks Have Ample Space in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Setup Background: Recently, with the help of a handful of fine folks here, I moved all of my data files to a separate hard drive (D:\) and moved all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by foxtrot1014, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Lots of "Disk full" Errors, Disks Have Ample Space

Setup Background:
    Recently, with the help of a handful of fine folks here, I moved all of my data files to a separate hard drive (D:\) and moved all program/OS files to a new, 10,000RPM drive (C:\) then used the original drive (identical to D:\) to set up RAID 1. After all that was setup and running, I finally sourced a TPM for my motherboard and enabled bitlocker on everything. Somewhere in the mix I had to use regedit to change the default locations for my user files from "C:\Users\user\Documents" to "D:\Users\user\Documents" and reinstall a few apps that got confused because of the switch (AutoCAD especially).

Here's what Disk Management has to say of everything:

Lots of "Disk full" Errors, Disks Have Ample Space [​IMG]

The Infernal Problem:
    I've been getting "Disk full" errors lately and I suspect it has something to do with the C:\ to D:\ regedit switch. As far as I can recall, I haven't received any errors from Windows itself, but right now the downloads bar in Chrome has three failed download attempts. Sometimes retrying the download will make it work, but I just did that and this is what I sometimes get after reattempting:

Lots of "Disk full" Errors, Disks Have Ample Space [​IMG]

I canceled the first one, but the other two have just stopped altogether. I also got this error using P2P file sharing, reattempting usually gets it going.

In Summary:
    I keep getting occasional Disk full errors from non-windows software when my disks have ample space. What's likely causing this?

:)

foxtrot1014, Jul 14, 2017

2. Cannot install program

Yes I have.

ILoveWhoseLine, Jul 14, 2017
  3. extend volume

No, partitions cannot span different physical disks.

Since your system disk is almost full, you should move your user libraries to drive D:. Moving the paging file would also free up space.

Frederik Long, Jul 14, 2017
  4. Lots of "Disk full" Errors, Disks Have Ample Space

The plot has thickened?

While writing up a summary of those changes I did for the thread it was under, I opened Windows Storage Spaces to find an error.

Under storage spaces it says "Warning, reduced resiliency, check the Physical drives section"
    Under Physical drives section it says on my second drive "Error; retired add a drive then remove this drive"

I tried taking a screenshot of this, but now Paint won't let me save the image to D:\ (disk full) and if I try saving it to C:\ or even a flash drive, it says "Paint cannot save this file. Save was interrupted, so your file has not been saved." but it did create a blank .png file where I tried to save.

Could this be what's causing my disk full error on D:\?
    If so, what kind of error could it be? SMART doesn't seem to be finding an errors because otherwise my computer would notify me during POST. I can't actually see the detailed SMART status (because I can't install the software to do so since my user temporary location is needed to install it and that's in D:\--that'll teach me to keep diagnostics software as install files on my NAS instead of keeping them installed on my desktop). wmic tells me that all of my drive statuses are OK.

foxtrot1014, Jul 14, 2017
  5. So I assume this is related, but maybe it isn't. I have lots of 153 errors for Disk 2. There's also a 52 on Disk 3, which doesn't make sense because that's the storage space I thought? 0 is C, 1 and 2 physically make up 3 which is D:\. I also have 52 and 157 errors for disk 4, but that's the disk I use for hot-swap backup and I know it has a SMART error (which it says is critical but isn't).

I find it odd that one of my RAID drives would start failing within a couple of weeks of enabling RAID (I don't have that good of luck).

Obviously it looks like I need to replace a drive, but is this what's causing the disk full error?

foxtrot1014, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Lots of "Disk full" Errors, Disks Have Ample Space

1. Lots of "Disk full" Errors, Disks Have Ample Space - Similar Threads - Lots Disk full

2. Disk is full, make space...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk is full, make space...: I have used all of the suggestions given by Microsoft on my computer. Cleaned disk or all temporary files and personal files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-is-full-make-space/bf6dcf85-7b24-4030-b811-f27ceb16dae4
  3. Disk is full, make space...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk is full, make space...: I have used all of the suggestions given by Microsoft on my computer. Cleaned disk or all temporary files and personal files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-is-full-make-space/bf6dcf85-7b24-4030-b811-f27ceb16dae4
  4. Disk is full, make space...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 100% disk usage even when I have lots of disk space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% disk usage even when I have lots of disk space: My task manager is constantly at 100 percent disk, and it really effects performance. I have lots of disk space so why is this a problem? It's really annoying, sometimes I get a bit of time where it's at 30 percent or so but then it goes back up to 100%. I've had this problem...
  6. "Failed - Disk full" error but a lot of space left.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Failed - Disk full" error but a lot of space left.: Im trying to download something thats 4.4 GB on my D drive which is empty and has 100 GB and when its at 4 GB it says "Failed - Disk full" when i have a whole lot of space....
  7. I have plenty of disk space but it says disk is full

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have plenty of disk space but it says disk is full: I'm trying to download a file that is just short of 1gb from firefox. I select it to open with winrar so i can just drag the file where i want it to go. I try to save it to my disk drive that has 1.61 tb free to use. And yet is says that it cannot download because the disk is...
  8. Disk Space Full

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk Space Full: Hello, I’ve been installing games and mods on my computers HDD, which is the D drive in my case, as my SSD is pretty full. For some reason out of nowhere, it’s saying my disk space is full, though I haven’t been touching the SSD only the HDD. Any idea why this is happening?...
  9. Getting Disk Space Full Error Message.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Getting Disk Space Full Error Message.: I have lenovo yoga 520 laptop. it is showing me disk space full. i have deleted showing me 100mb free only. 115647
  10. low space disk full on recovery disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    low space disk full on recovery disk: Windows 10 I keep getting a message Low disk space on my disk drive that contains the recovery file How can I make the disk bigger so this message wont appear as it only has the standard $recycle bin on it and I think that this is what is causing the problem as it sometimes...