Windows 10: (Lots of) files are "not erased" (recuva) but missing in explorer

Discus and support (Lots of) files are "not erased" (recuva) but missing in explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I just plugged my passport external drive as usual to grab a file and got shocked like never when i realised few folders (containing a lot of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by unko, May 8, 2019.

1. unko Win User

(Lots of) files are "not erased" (recuva) but missing in explorer

Hello,

I just plugged my passport external drive as usual to grab a file and got shocked like never when i realised few folders (containing a lot of files) were missing. I immediatly used "Treesize" to see where these were and to my surprise, they do not appear anywhere, even though the reported remaining space include them..!!

I then launched recuva, expecting them to appear as erased (even though i never did) but no! It shows them as "not erased".. Why is that i can't see them in such case?! I thought about recreating the main folder (let's say it's called XX located in root) but i'm afraid that'll make things worse.. Never seen nor heard about such case before.

Please help!

:)

unko, May 8, 2019
  2. f14tomcat Win User

Lost a lot of files, need help getting them back

Shadow Copies usually refers to Restore Points. For now, if you can, recover everything Recuva can, including the "shadow copies". One step at a time. If they are, in fact, Restore Points, there are ways to "explore" the Restore Point and extract the files. I do not want to get into the nuts and bolts of that at this point. Get the Recuva done first! Stop the bleeding! To an ext drive.

f14tomcat, May 8, 2019
  3. missing files

Hi Raghuvaidya,

Sorry to hear about your issue.

I think first of all you should check your missing files in the Recycle Bin.

If you didn’t find it there, then my suggestion for you is to go for the best data recovery software which can easily help you in finding and recovering your file.

Some of the best data recovery software I would like to recommend are:

You can try your luck with any of the following software.

Good Luck!

Chris_Mathew, May 8, 2019
  4. (Lots of) files are "not erased" (recuva) but missing in explorer

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, May 8, 2019
Thema:

(Lots of) files are "not erased" (recuva) but missing in explorer

1. (Lots of) files are "not erased" (recuva) but missing in explorer - Similar Threads - Lots files are

2. Quick access missing in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick access missing in file explorer.: Cant get quick access to come up and not sure why [ATTACH] any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-missing-in-file-explorer/595eabd2-5403-42e8-b335-cfb9dc75b289"
  3. Recovering erased temp files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovering erased temp files: Following the October system update, Windows created a series of temp files in the User Folder duplicating the computer folder structure. These folders were set as default folders of my tax software so that I saved my tax files into these folders only to realize that they...
  4. files accidently erased on ssd

in Windows 10 Customization
    files accidently erased on ssd: I accidentally deleted user name and other files on my ssd cant do things as task manager or restore my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-accidently-erased-on-ssd/96e3e868-fdf4-4d66-bcb1-a1df8025b21f
  5. File explorer missing thumbnails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer missing thumbnails: How to find thumbnails instead of icons in file explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-missing-thumbnails/57dcfeb0-3cff-4a19-9a9a-2dcd3f113775"
  6. Search for Missing files in File Explorer

in Cortana
    Search for Missing files in File Explorer: I am using iTunes to locate missing files, which takes me to Explorer. All I have is the name of the files and the length in minutes to identify (and the name is the same). So I'm looking for a file called Class with a length of 2:30, as opposed to a file called Class with...
  7. Is Recuva safe to use?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Recuva safe to use?: Last year CCleaner contained malicious code and users were told to restore from a backup and update to the latest version CCleaner. I've tried my best to research this issue, and so far haven't found any articles, but is Recuva safe? I'm assuming when the malicious code...
  8. Missing file type icons in Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing file type icons in Explorer: Hi all, I'm using Windows 10 ver. 1703. Since the last major update, the file explorer shows a blank icon for many file types instead of the associated application (such as Adobe Acrobat, Excel, Word etc.). The files are still associated correctly and re-associating them...
  9. Refresh erasing files.

in Windows 10 Support
    Refresh erasing files.: Hello everyone! I hope this is the correct section to post this, so here goes. Recently, i installed windows 10 pro on a computer and noticed that if i pinned anything on start menu(right hand side tiles) start menu would freeze, close and reopen with default icon locations...
  10. Expando buttons missing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Expando buttons missing in File Explorer: can any one point me to ..... How can i easily see if there are folders in a folder without opening the folder ? The small triangles that indicate there are nested folders in a folder are missing ..how are these buttons enabled ? thanks for any advice OS =...