Windows 10: (Lots of) files are "not erased" (recuva) but missing in explorer

Discus and support (Lots of) files are "not erased" (recuva) but missing in explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I just plugged my passport external drive as usual to grab a file and got shocked like never when i realised few folders (containing a lot of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by unko, May 8, 2019.

1. unko Win User

(Lots of) files are "not erased" (recuva) but missing in explorer

Hello,

I just plugged my passport external drive as usual to grab a file and got shocked like never when i realised few folders (containing a lot of files) were missing. I immediatly used "Treesize" to see where these were and to my surprise, they do not appear anywhere, even though the reported remaining space include them..!!

I then launched recuva, expecting them to appear as erased (even though i never did) but no! It shows them as "not erased".. Why is that i can't see them in such case?! I thought about recreating the main folder (let's say it's called XX located in root) but i'm afraid that'll make things worse.. Never seen nor heard about such case before.

Please help!

:)

unko, May 8, 2019
  2. f14tomcat Win User

Lost a lot of files, need help getting them back

Shadow Copies usually refers to Restore Points. For now, if you can, recover everything Recuva can, including the "shadow copies". One step at a time. If they are, in fact, Restore Points, there are ways to "explore" the Restore Point and extract the files. I do not want to get into the nuts and bolts of that at this point. Get the Recuva done first! Stop the bleeding! To an ext drive.

f14tomcat, May 8, 2019
  3. missing files

Hi Raghuvaidya,

Sorry to hear about your issue.

I think first of all you should check your missing files in the Recycle Bin.

If you didn’t find it there, then my suggestion for you is to go for the best data recovery software which can easily help you in finding and recovering your file.

Some of the best data recovery software I would like to recommend are:

You can try your luck with any of the following software.

Good Luck!

Chris_Mathew, May 8, 2019
  4. (Lots of) files are "not erased" (recuva) but missing in explorer

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, May 8, 2019
Thema:

(Lots of) files are "not erased" (recuva) but missing in explorer

1. (Lots of) files are "not erased" (recuva) but missing in explorer - Similar Threads - Lots files are

2. file explorer thumbnails missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer thumbnails missing: I have asked for help before in this forum and a few responses have temporarily fixed the problem. I would really like a permanent fix. I have tried several of the fixes such as... Uncheck the box next to Always show icons, never thumbnails.and... File Explorer can also bug...
  3. Re RECUVA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re RECUVA: Hi, anyone familiar with Recuva software app? Was scanning for deleted files in Recycle bin - Whilst running I got a box up with a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark inside it; saying" failed to scan the following drives \\\HarddiskVolume2 Unable to determine file...
  4. Re RECUVA

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Re RECUVA: Hi, anyone familiar with Recuva software app? Was scanning for deleted files in Recycle bin - Whilst running I got a box up with a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark inside it; saying" failed to scan the following drives \\\HarddiskVolume2 Unable to determine file...
  5. Re RECUVA

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. File Explorer Locations missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Locations missing: I have a small network of computers some are VMs on a wholly private LAN.Some of these PCs when you open file explorer in the network section show some of the other PCs.Some of them do not. I want to be able to open the shared folders from any of these PCs.Why do they all not...
  7. Used Piriform Recuva, files corrupted.

Used Piriform Recuva, files corrupted.: Hello all, I used Piriform Recuva, and it reported that it has “successfully” recovered files. When I try to open the .docx files in Microsoft Word, work reports that they are corrupted. PDFs and Excel docs are also corrupted. Any help is appreciated!...
  8. Missing a lot of dll files in System32

Missing a lot of dll files in System32: Hey I recently discovered that I get an error everytime I try to start certain games or programs called 0xc000007b. I don't know a lot about computers so I googled it and found out that it's connected to missing dll files in System32 but since I didn't know what was missing...
  9. Search for Missing files in File Explorer

in Cortana
    Search for Missing files in File Explorer: I am using iTunes to locate missing files, which takes me to Explorer. All I have is the name of the files and the length in minutes to identify (and the name is the same). So I'm looking for a file called Class with a length of 2:30, as opposed to a file called Class with...
  10. Is Recuva safe to use?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Recuva safe to use?: Last year CCleaner contained malicious code and users were told to restore from a backup and update to the latest version CCleaner. I've tried my best to research this issue, and so far haven't found any articles, but is Recuva safe? I'm assuming when the malicious code...