Windows 10: Lots of lots of lots disk usage

Discus and support Lots of lots of lots disk usage in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi I have 16gb memory. Running applications: Delphi xe10.2 Android + emulator eclipse + java Firefox Performance shows around 8gb memory taken.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by amos, Aug 29, 2019.

1. amos Win User

Lots of lots of lots disk usage

Hi

I have 16gb memory.

Running applications:
    Delphi xe10.2
    Android + emulator
    eclipse + java
    Firefox
    Performance shows around 8gb memory taken.

Still, when moving (back) to eclipse (for example), there is a lot of disk usage (swapping I guess) and eclipse is showing first in disk usage sorting. Sometimes it happens with Android as well. Since there is a lot of free memory, how come it swaps so much? How can I avoid it?
    Thanks

:)

2. S-and-S Win User

System takes lots of Disk usage when Optimizing Drive

"System takes lots of Disk usage when Optimizing Drive"

Yes, that's normal.

S-and-S, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Full scans and others taking up a lot of disk usage

Full scans and others taking up a lot of disk usage for example malware-bytes or defragging my drive it will take up 100% of disk usage which it shouldnt i believe and my computer doesnt get hot or freeze during this process so do you think that the task
    manager results could be false?

Nicholas_787, Aug 29, 2019
  4. huda207 Win User

System takes lots of Disk usage when Optimizing Drive

After the new update (I forgot the name, but it's big update around 12 June), When I'm using 'Optimise Drives', the system takes a lot of disk usage (around 95%), optimise drives service low (0.1~0.5%).

Before new update, usually the optimise drives service is have high disk usages.

*I already set Optimise Drives services priority to High & affinity to all processor.

*I'm sorry if it's actually normal, but usually when I check in task manager, optimise drive service have high disk usage

* I don't know where to put this question on which topic, so I choose the one with performance

huda207, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Lots of lots of lots disk usage - Similar Threads - Lots lots lots

2. A lot of BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A lot of BSOD: Everyday I have a bluescreen, I don't know what to do anymore. I followed all the steps indicated, such as diagnosing the memory, which didn't detect any errors in it, codes in CMD and nothing solved my BSOD problem. Below is the link to the latest dump files. If possible, I...
  3. A lot of BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A lot of BSOD: Greetings, I've been experiencing a lot of BSOD for a while now. I've reinstalled windows 10 and it's still happeningHere are the following specs:RTX 2060Ryzen 36002x8 GB 3200mhzAsrock B450 Steel LegendSeasonic Gold+ 650wHere are the DMP...
  4. Lost a lot of my screen usage

in Browsers and Email
    Lost a lot of my screen usage: Hi I have W10 21H1 I use Hotmail on the web. When opening an email I instantly get ads on the right side of the screen and cannot see the content, this is mainly true if a picture is part of the email. How do I fix this. Any comments or advice is appreciated.. Regards Daniel...
  5. Need A LOT of help in A LOT ofstem failures

Need A LOT of help in A LOT ofstem failures: Hi I have been asking for help in this community and been getting help but I always ask like a question while I have alot so iam gonna tell all of them my laptop was perfect until last week it got a white horizontal line and screen flickering while using an app called parsec...
  6. LOTS of Ram usage unaccounted for

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    LOTS of Ram usage unaccounted for: So, I've got 32GB of RAM, and I'm currently, with Chrome(4tabs) and Discord open, no games running, sitting at around 20GB of RAM being used(In Use in task manager). I called bs on that and decided to just start adding the numbers up from what i see in task manager's...
  7. A lot of BSODs

A lot of BSODs: I'm having a lot of BSODs lately. I've done SFC, everything's fine. Ran memtest86, everything's fine. What next could I do to troubleshoot this? Here's the minidumps themselves https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1av06IQTUGL2UC4qAPCwALzRTxn8LWa-V?usp=sharing...
  8. Lots and Lots of BSODs

Lots and Lots of BSODs: i've been getting a ton of BSODs on a (Fairly) new rig i bought in march. All drivers are up to date, ran memtest and memtest86 on each stick of ram separately, flashed bios to current build (F23), updated onboard realtek sound and ethernet cards. Ran (and am still running)...
  9. a lot of BSOD

a lot of BSOD: hi guys, sorry if wrong post because i'm new in this forum i want to ask about my computer always get BSOD maybe someone in here can help me why when i openned browser, nox player or when this computer idle always BSOD thank in advance Here my computer information link 115088
  10. Lots of BSODS doing lots of things

Lots of BSODS doing lots of things: EDIT* getting more BSODs of at random times doing random things with random messages. 'system services error' 'memory management error' and so forth EDIT** sfc.exe /scannow says i have corrupt files but it cannot fix them? argh *Original Story* seems to only happen...