Windows 10: Lots of people having trouble with their printers came to me this week and I can't find a fix.

Discus and support Lots of people having trouble with their printers came to me this week and I can't find a fix. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; From what I've read so far one of the latest updates broke printing for some people. Some asked me to take a look and the problem is always the same. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RazvanPaun, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Lots of people having trouble with their printers came to me this week and I can't find a fix.

From what I've read so far one of the latest updates broke printing for some people. Some asked me to take a look and the problem is always the same. I just can't fix it.

The printers are from different manufacturers. All of them stopped working this week. The printers themselves still work with windows 7.

On windows 10 the printers are listed correctly in the device manager but when adding them as a printer Windows doesn't find them.

I read that kb4567512 should fix it but it didn't. Does anyone know how to fix this?

submitted by /u/RazvanPaun
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RazvanPaun, Jun 23, 2020
  2. rmdial Win User

Having trouble deleting printer

I have had a Canon Pixma MX850 for several years and it has been a workhorse. Recently I purchased a Canon Pixma MX492 for the added wifi capability. Under no circumstances am I able to remove the MX850 from the Printers and Devices menu. I have been on the phone with Microsoft and Canon several hours over the last week. It still sits there as I type this. When I install the MX492 and update drivers, it still does not show on the printers list and is not recognized when I try to add a printer to the list.

The Canon tech I spoke to suggested there might be a corrupt file or malware somewhere not allowing the removal of the MX850. He suggested I create a new Admin account which would create a new registry and see how that worked. I did that and the MX492 shows up on the printers list and is the default printer.

When I am on my old admin sign on where the MX850 shows up, I can print in Word and Quicken on the MX492 even though it does not show as a printer on the printer page.

So, what to do?

Thanks in advance.

rmdial, Jun 24, 2020
  3. simrick Win User
    Having trouble deleting printer

To check for corrupt system files, run sfc /scannow.

To remove malware lurking in the shadows, run AdwCleaner, then Malwarebytes Antimalware Free.

If still unsuccessful after this, you might just want to copy your user files to the new admin account and delete the old account. Actually, if you delete the old account, Windows will ask you if you want to delete the data as well; you can say "no", and it will save the user data in a folder on your new desktop. But if it were me, I would copy it over myself first. *Wink

simrick, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Lots of people having trouble with their printers came to me this week and I can't find a fix.

printer trouble

Hello Linda,

This problem might occur due to outdated or corrupted printer drivers. For us to determine what is causing the issue, we would like to ask a few questions:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What is the exact error message that you're getting?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers on your computer and check if you're having the same problem?

For troubleshooting purposes, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in this
    article on how to resolve printer problems in Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Stephanie Sal, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Lots of people having trouble with their printers came to me this week and I can't find a fix.

1. Lots of people having trouble with their printers came to me this week and I can't find a fix. - Similar Threads - Lots having trouble

2. I have a lot BSOD, and i want to fix it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have a lot BSOD, and i want to fix it.: Hello.My name is Anthony, and i am a windows's 10 user, from last year. My pc have been giving me bluescreens with stop code of SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, with fail of cldflt.sys, since december of 2021 . Due to my school, i didnt have time to check the problem. So now, i want...
  3. I have a lot BSOD, and i want to fix it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a lot BSOD, and i want to fix it.: Hello.My name is Anthony, and i am a windows's 10 user, from last year. My pc have been giving me bluescreens with stop code of SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, with fail of cldflt.sys, since december of 2021 . Due to my school, i didnt have time to check the problem. So now, i want...
  4. I have a lot BSOD, and i want to fix it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I found an issue and the fix and it appears a lot of other people have this issue as well

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I found an issue and the fix and it appears a lot of other people have this issue as well: so it arose to me the issue of clicking on the internet button in the tray didn't show any networks. over 10000 people had this issue. the fix is by going to the windows key + R menu, putting in services.msc sorting by alphabetic order and then finding WLAN AutoConfig right...
  6. Having trouble finding drivers for old HP PSC 1410 printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Having trouble finding drivers for old HP PSC 1410 printer: Windows 10 x64, HP PSC 1410 The printer works fine using HPLIP on a Ubuntu VM, but on windows, I cant get it to print, only scan. I've tried all I can think of. I've tried using HP's All-In-One installer which ended in a fatal error, using generic drivers that did not...
  7. Having a lot of trouble upgrading Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having a lot of trouble upgrading Windows 10: I posted on this sub already last night about solving a system reserved partition error. I solved that but I'm still having trouble upgrading to the newest Win10 version. I installing the update through the settings app. Restarted my PC and nothing happened (In View installed...
  8. The computer is glitching and giving me a lot of trouble

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The computer is glitching and giving me a lot of trouble: Until 2 days ago,the laptop was ok,working fine,but today,as I was playing some games,sometimes the character stopped moving,and no sound on the game,also,when I open the File Explorer,eventually it closes and 'refreshes' the desktop and 'unselect' the open apps,just like...
  9. Having trouble deleting printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Having trouble deleting printer: I have had a Canon Pixma MX850 for several years and it has been a workhorse. Recently I purchased a Canon Pixma MX492 for the added wifi capability. Under no circumstances am I able to remove the MX850 from the Printers and Devices menu. I have been on the phone with...
  10. Can't Find A Printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Find A Printer: I have a two printers installed on my home WiFi, yet when I 'search' for them neither show up, what am I doing wrong. I have a new laptop which doesn't have a DVD/CD Drive to use the printer install disc so I need to figure this out. 50706