Windows 10: Lots of problem after PC restart

Discus and support Lots of problem after PC restart in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi. Recently I have been having issues with the spacebar on my keyboard, so I restarted my computer hoping it would be fixed. I have restarted before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by freddyuen, Sep 18, 2020.

1. freddyuen Win User

Lots of problem after PC restart

Hi.

Recently I have been having issues with the spacebar on my keyboard, so I restarted my computer hoping it would be fixed. I have restarted before with no problems, but this time, a myriad of problems appeared. Internet connection is non-existent. It wasn’t even in the tray, when I went to the internet connection page and clicked “show available networks” it showed the thing where you can connect to networks but nothing was shown, only the option for airplane mode and even that doesn’t work... I ran troubleshooter and the first time it said diagnostic something service wasn’t running. I clicked resolve and then ran the troubleshooter again and it said it could not find the problem, but e original problem persists.

Windows Defender isn’t working properly. It says it isn’t on, when I click on it, it says it isn’t running recommended settings, when I click “use recommended settings”, it loads for a bit and then nothing happens. I click “what are the recommended settings?” Nothing happens. I click “advanced settings” in the firewall menu. A window named “Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security” comes up and says “There was an error opening the Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security snap-in” and “the windows defender firewall service on the computer that you are managing. Error code: 0x6D9”. I explored around and found that in “Device performance & health”, the “Windows Time service” is also off and I can’t turn it back on. Audio services are not running, even if I unplugged and plugged it back in. It doesn’t detect it. When I restarted and got to the PIN screen, it said “something happened and the PIN is not working” or whatever and told me to reset it, when I click on it, nothing happens, so I had to sign in with my outlook password. I also have avast antivirus, and in the “windows security” window, it aays “Actions needed in Avast Antivirus” under “Virus and threat protection” when I open avast, nothing is off. When I try to quick scan in windows defender, it goes quick, but the provress bar always stops in the same spot near the middle, but the “files scanned” still increases, I cancelled it at about 200000 files... but it was still going up. When I click quick scan again it just starts from the same point. I can’t start programs like Razer Cortex or Synapse, with both just asking for permission and then a while later just returns an error message saying it couldn’t launch. Please help.

:)

freddyuen, Sep 18, 2020
  2. Terrypin Win User

Inexplicable restarts

Thanks for your patient help and analysis, zbook. I'll step through some of your suggestions over the next few days - there's a lot to do and some look a bit hairy! That is, for a PC that is working sweetly right now...

Meanwhile, as requested in the BSOD thread (sorry, I misunderstood and posted there by mistake), I've attached both ZIP files.
    --------------------
    One step I did try right away was to answer your question about whether my BIOS is up-to-date. I had no success at the AMI site but did get some info from this commercial site:

Lots of problem after PC restart [​IMG]

It was one of the '9' (I counted 10) listed here:

Lots of problem after PC restart [​IMG]

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, Sep 18, 2020
  3. michael Win User
    My PC restarts, What's the problems?

Hi Team,

My PC keeps on restarting ,

System Specs are:-
    Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe
    i7 3770K
    Samsung SSD 256GB
    Corsair CX 430 PSU
    Win 7

What I have done till now:-
    1.My PC started restarting so what I did, I installed Win7 on 500GB Samsung SATA drive and formatted my SSD , Full Format. and then installed Win7 on SSD, which worked for say, 2 hours or so and then PC again started restarting.
    2. It once also restarted when I was in BIOS.
    3.While rebooting it always asks for "Launch Windows Start up repair"
    4.Yesterday PC stayed ON 20 minutes and then again restarted.
    5.Sometimes it get restarted often while booting and does not even come to login Screen.

Please suggest, I don't know what's the problem.

Thanks.
    michael

michael, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Lots of problem after PC restart

Your PC ran into a problem and needs restarting

Hello,

A stop error (also called a "blue screen" error) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. These errors can be caused by both hardware and software issues.

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Would you be able to capture an image or a screenshot of the complete error message that your getting?
    • Were there any software or application you've recently installed?

Meanwhile, we suggest performing the steps on this article
    on how to troubleshoot blue screen errors on Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

Lots of problem after PC restart

1. Lots of problem after PC restart - Similar Threads - Lots problem restart

2. After my PC failed to restart, a lot of system files are missing.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After my PC failed to restart, a lot of system files are missing.: Yesterday I bought an SSD disk for my PC on top of the HDD that I already have. I didnt make any partitions on the HDD so the system and regular files are on one partition. I wanted to reinstall the system on the SSD because of obvious reasons. However I couldnt copy the disk...
  3. After my PC failed to restart, a lot of system files are missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After my PC failed to restart, a lot of system files are missing.: Yesterday I bought an SSD disk for my PC on top of the HDD that I already have. I didnt make any partitions on the HDD so the system and regular files are on one partition. I wanted to reinstall the system on the SSD because of obvious reasons. However I couldnt copy the disk...
  4. After my PC failed to restart, a lot of system files are missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. After PC Reset - there are a lot of problems with my Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After PC Reset - there are a lot of problems with my Windows 10: Hello, yesterday I had a problem where I couldn't login to windows after booting. I received a message saying "failed to sign in" or something like that. I tried to fix it with the help of the internet, however after a few tries my screen started showing weird errors and went...
  6. After PC Reset - there are a lot of problems with my Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After PC Reset - there are a lot of problems with my Windows 10: Hello, yesterday I had a problem where I couldn't login to windows after booting. I received a message saying "failed to sign in" or something like that. I tried to fix it with the help of the internet, however after a few tries my screen started showing weird errors and went...
  7. After PC Reset - there are a lot of problems with my Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows 10 jacked after restarting a lot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 jacked after restarting a lot: Hello, I have a problem, I hope you can help me. So I’ve been using Windows 10 for awhile, with a good antivirus and VPN, always a bit slow but fine. Just yesterday, I decided to upgrade my protection with better programs so I got Kaspersky Security Cloud and NordVPN. My...
  9. New pc restarts randomly and a lot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New pc restarts randomly and a lot: /Hello! I ve just bought a new pc and installed windows 10. I've tried everything from disabling automatic restart and all the steps from all the tutorials. I've checked on event viewer and found the following message The process C:\Windows\System32\RuntimeBroker.exe...
  10. PC Restarted Lots of Com Surrogates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PC Restarted Lots of Com Surrogates: Is there supposed to be a buncha com surrogates when you reset ur pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-restarted-lots-of-com-surrogates/4345087a-b18f-4e45-bad9-a619f25b76dc"