Windows 10: Lots of programs are missing from the Programs & Features list

Discus and support Lots of programs are missing from the Programs & Features list in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just noticed when I was about to upgrade one of my applications by starting to uninstall the current version that it wasn't no longer in the list of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by WebMaximus, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Lots of programs are missing from the Programs & Features list

Just noticed when I was about to upgrade one of my applications by starting to uninstall the current version that it wasn't no longer in the list of installed programs and lots of other programs are gone too.

Did some Google searching for this problem and noticed I was far from the only one who experienced this issue but unfortunately I wasn't able to find any real solution.

My Windows version is 1511 build 10586.420. I already tried running sfc /scannow and it came out with no errors found.

Any ideas what happened and how to fix it?

:)

WebMaximus, Jun 16, 2016

2. programs and features missing from the start list in windows 10

Hi Roberto,

For us to effectively assist you, can you confirm if you are trying to access Programs and Features? If yes, have you tried clicking on
    Start and type in Programs and features? That should also show on the list for you to click on it.

Hope this helps and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to post back.

Regards.

Jomel_Santos, Jun 16, 2016
  3. programs and features missing from the start list in windows 10

programs and features missing from the start list in windows 10

RobertoCastillo2013, Jun 16, 2016
  4. Lots of programs are missing from the Programs & Features list

Programs or Apps? I ask because Apps from the App store don't show up in Programs and features. They are in Settings > System > Apps & Features. What is the name of this software?

EDIT: I'm noticing some items in that list I wouldn't have called Apps? Some of my Steam Games, NVidia drivers for audio and video? My guess is eventually they will all show up in Apps & features.

alphanumeric, Jun 16, 2016
  5. RWOne Win User
    Yes, the idea being that Control Panel items would go away and we'd be left with Apps and features under settings. But int he real world, it will be awhile before they banish Control Panel and subitems ...

RWOne, Jun 16, 2016
  6. OK, so I found some of my missing programs under Settings... but not all of them. I still have a number of them not listen anywhere...how nice...

WebMaximus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Lots of programs are missing from the Programs & Features list

1. Lots of programs are missing from the Programs & Features list - Similar Threads - Lots programs are

2. program missing in list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    program missing in list: I had Dell Support Assistant in my list that opens when one clicks on the Windows logo in lower left hand corner. It has disappeared. It's still on my computer thoughHow do i put/get it back on the list?i don't know what proper category is for this.Thank you...
  3. program missing in list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    program missing in list: I had Dell Support Assistant in my list that opens when one clicks on the Windows logo in lower left hand corner. It has disappeared. It's still on my computer thoughHow do i put/get it back on the list?i don't know what proper category is for this.Thank you...
  4. Programs not listed in Programs and Features after Windows Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Programs not listed in Programs and Features after Windows Reset: I just reset my PC with the option "Keep my Files" but after the reset, I can see some of the apps still installed on my PC which are working but don't get listed under 'Apps & Features' nor in appwiz.cpl How do I get these a list of all these apps?...
  5. Steam is missing from program/apps list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Steam is missing from program/apps list: Steam is no longer listed in apps list, and isn't listed in control panel programs either, on windows 10. I was going to uninstall it to correct this, which is how I found it's not in the control panel programs list. So I can't uninstall steam. Steam works and eveeeveryt but...
  6. Missing Programs from Start Menu List

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing Programs from Start Menu List: Please don't tell me to reinstall... did that! Don't tell me to add an icon... I don't want a screen full of icons..... Don't tell me to add an app. If i wanted an apps I'd by a tablet. How do you fix missing installed programs back to Start Menu List. This is why I HATE...
  7. Program missing from Programs and Features

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program missing from Programs and Features: I want to uninstall iTunes but it isn't in the list of programs in Programs and Features. I have an icon for iTunes which opens the program successfully so I know it is installed. How do I uninstall it?...
  8. Programs Missing From Control Panel List

Programs Missing From Control Panel List: Trying to uninstall some apps. Some are missing from Control Panel uninstall list of apps How can I find them? Windows 10 37229
  9. Some installed Programs not listed in Programs and Features...

Some installed Programs not listed in Programs and Features...: Some (3, out of maybe 20) of my installed Programs, all working perfectly well, are not listed in Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Any ideas on how to rectify this, please? Thank you. 21717
  10. Missing data from Programs and Features

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing data from Programs and Features: Some genius from Microsoft Office 365 support did something in my control panel having to do with mail setup and user accounts to try and fix my Office 365 install. <dident work BTW I found the solution on my own> After he did this almost every time I open Programs And...