Windows 10: Lots of Ram unusable

Discus and support Lots of Ram unusable in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently put a new 8gb stick of ram in my computer. I wasn't accustomed to the process unfortunately, however when I got the computer to "show" the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BobBobson9, May 30, 2020.

1. Lots of Ram unusable

I recently put a new 8gb stick of ram in my computer. I wasn't accustomed to the process unfortunately, however when I got the computer to "show" the ram I checked via the about in settings on windows 10 it did say 11gb the number it was supposed to be however the usable amount was only around 2. Now, normally you could argue that that could be due to an error or something along those lines however, in this case my computer was able to use 4gb of ram just fine with around 3.75gb available. If it helps, I moved around 2 sticks both were 1gb and 1 of course was the 8gb one. Any help is appreciated.

:)

BobBobson9, May 30, 2020
  2. MicroZo Win User

Internet Explorer uses a lot of RAM

There is no MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe file in the details list.

MicroZo, May 30, 2020
  3. Internet Explorer uses a lot of RAM

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your description, I understand that internet explorer is consuming more ram space. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise due to:

• Opening multiple tabs at a time.
    • Using add-on.
    • Virus.
    • Multiple internet explorer opens in Task manager.
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and also check whether multiple Internet explorer process are running at the same time.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del
    • Open Task manager.
    • Click on Detail Tab.
    • You will see MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe file.
    • Right Click and End Task.
    • Restart the computer.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to perform virus scan by using Windows Defender Offline Beta from the below link and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/what-is-windows-defender-offline

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 30, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

Lots of Ram unusable

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 30, 2020
Thema:

Lots of Ram unusable

1. Lots of Ram unusable - Similar Threads - Lots Ram unusable

2. 8 GB RAM, But 7.78 GB Unusable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    8 GB RAM, But 7.78 GB Unusable.: Hello, So I Wanted To Know if I Can Use My Unusable RAM, Or Not, Because I Have Lot's Of Work, And I Want To Use The Unusable RAM, is There any way how to do it?...
  3. 8 GB RAM, But 7.78 GB Unusable.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    8 GB RAM, But 7.78 GB Unusable.: Hello, So I Wanted To Know if I Can Use My Unusable RAM, Or Not, Because I Have Lot's Of Work, And I Want To Use The Unusable RAM, is There any way how to do it?...
  4. Explorer.exe is taking a lot of ram memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer.exe is taking a lot of ram memory: So lately when I open task manager I click on memory so I see whats taking the most memory and what I'm seeing is this So please help me fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorerexe-is-taking-a-lot-of-ram-memory/51e5025b-99b0-4ac0-b10d-ee3cfb38ab6e
  5. explorer.exe taking a lot of RAM

explorer.exe taking a lot of RAM: Hello, explorer.exe is taking a huge amount of RAM nearly 700kb, and I don't know why, I don't know what it does. I only have 8gb ram on my computer, and I feel like this is seriously impacting my PC performance when playing video games for example. Does anyone know what it...
  6. LOTS of Ram usage unaccounted for

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    LOTS of Ram usage unaccounted for: So, I've got 32GB of RAM, and I'm currently, with Chrome(4tabs) and Discord open, no games running, sitting at around 20GB of RAM being used(In Use in task manager). I called bs on that and decided to just start adding the numbers up from what i see in task manager's...
  7. Unusable RAM

Unusable RAM: I have Win 10 pro and Firefox browser. In my "Settings" I show 16.0 GB of RAM but only 3.25 usable. Why is this and, more importantly, how can I fix it to use the full RAM capacity?...
  8. ram unusable

in Windows 10 Customization
    ram unusable: my pc has 8gb of ram installed, but it says that only 5.90gb is usable. what does this mean and how can i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ram-unusable/4e487f67-b962-40c1-8b64-e709f3257740
  9. Comsume lot of ram

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Comsume lot of ram: Computer is slow, even no program will running and use a lots of ram...plz help! My laptop's memory is 8gb ddr4...! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/comsume-lot-of-ram/f8eeffd9-2e2c-4157-9b0f-20bf8a94ace6
  10. Chrome Using a Lot RAM

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Using a Lot RAM: Hey, Why Google Chrome using a lot RAM ? All this 3 images is from Chrome .exe [img] [img] [img] 93921