Windows 10: Lots of Random Notifications?

Discus and support Lots of Random Notifications? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So I get a lot of random notifications from the action center. Most of the time, the notification shows up for half a second and goes away before I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Jaxel, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Jaxel Win User

Lots of Random Notifications?

So I get a lot of random notifications from the action center. Most of the time, the notification shows up for half a second and goes away before I even get a chance to read then. Then its not even listed in the action center bar.

So I've since disabled all the notifications in the settings panel... and I still get random notifications.

:)

Jaxel, Jul 31, 2015

2. Getting Lots of different BSOD Errors at Random, Cannot diagnose the problem.

Hi,

Since it is a new build and you are getting a variety of different Bug_Check codes it sure looks like hardware. Remove ALL power then reseat the cards, memory, and cables (on both ends when possible) - actually remove and replace them - do not just snug.

Heat is also a possibility - add a fan blowing into the intake or case. Heat related does not always mean excessive levels as a single component could be too sensitive to even the normal levels of heat.

Memtest needs to run at least 4+ hours. Also memory often needs to be swapped in and out in different combinations and patterns - faster memory needs to be in front of slower and even tiny difference (even within the specs) can make a difference. Try using
    the minimum memory required to boot the system.

Be sure BIOS, chipset drivers, and all major drivers are updated.

Checking the minidumps now.

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Getting Lots of different BSOD Errors at Random, Cannot diagnose the problem.

My pc has these random BSOD crashes. This was a new build I did about 3 weeks ago, and it has been crashing ever since. I have tried to include as many details as possible. I am using windows 10 pro edition. Please read the following:

Components:

ASUS gtx 1080 strix OC edition

ASUS z170 pro gaming aura

1tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

i7 6700k cpu

evga g2 650 watt psu

g.skill ripjaws v 16gb (8 x 2) 3200 ram

Symptoms:

Computer randomly blue screens with several different BSOD errors. Does not have to be under load/gaming/etc. Sometimes BSOD appears right after booting and signing in. Sometimes I can game for 2 hours without a BSOD.

These blue screens include and are not limited to:

-kernel security check error

-driver overran stack-based buffer

-irql not less or equal

-memory management

Tests:

ran memtest86 for 3 consecutive passes. No errors.

ran memtest86 for 5 consecutive passes. No errors.

Stress-tested GPU on Unigen Heaven and except for the random crashes, it ran for about 3 hours straight under normal temps.

Stress-tested CPU on Prime95 for 15 minutes. Observed normal everything.

With verifier on, about 10-15 secs after logging in, I get BSOD of SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. Is this related to verifie

Did a clean install of windows 10. Downloaded latest nvidia driver, tested in unigen heaven. Crashed again in 15-20mins.

Other notes:

-No antivirus installed.

-This is a clean copy of windows 10 with newest drivers on GPU and motherboard.

-Was doing on first installation of windows 10. Still doing it.

-Computer is brand new. BSOD's first appeared on second gaming session.

-I saw that hidclass.sys was in one of the dumps, so since then I made sure that I had the most recent drivers for my peripherals. I am only using a keyboard and mouse as of now.

Questions:

Can this be the ram, despite it fairing well on memtest86?

Could simply reseating the ram/gpu fix this?

What else can be faulty? Hardware/software?

Did I miss a driver?

Here is a link to all of my dump files. I have shared this before, so this is easy for me, but if I must zip them up and attach them to this posting then I can:

dumps

TravisHBates, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Jaxel Win User

I managed to see the notification this time... It says "Turn on Virus protection".

However, if I go into Security and Maintenance, virus protection is already on. How can I get this notification to stop showing up every time I restart my computer?

Jaxel, Aug 1, 2015
  5. Are you using Defender ?

COMPUTIAC Guest, Aug 1, 2015
  6. Jaxel Win User
    Yes, I am.

BTW, where is security essentials in windows 10? How do I run a virus scan?

Jaxel, Aug 1, 2015
  7. I posted the wrong direction's earlier , sorry.

Open control panel > look for windows defender > click on it and when it opens, there will be an icon in the taskbar.

Pin this to the taskbar.

Run scan's when you want to.

Edit: MSE is now Defender in windows 10.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Aug 1, 2015
  8. Lots of Random Notifications?

Settings > system > notifications & actions. I got the "Turn on virus protection" one a couple of times. Not lately though. My guess its a glitch when defender is being updated via windows update. Its turned off momentarily while virus definitions are updated.

alphanumeric, Aug 1, 2015
  9. YOU
    You Win User
    Windows Defender in Windows 8 and Windows 10 is a combination of Microsoft Security Essentials and the original Windows Defender.

Thema:

1. Lots of Random Notifications? - Similar Threads - Lots Random Notifications

2. Random Notification Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random Notification Sound: I've been getting this random notification sound from yesterday. Did some research found out it was due to some devices but in my case it is not. Someone told me to mute windows notifications, I did but still, get to hear this sound in my headset or speakers in different time...
  3. Random Notification Sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Notification Sound: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GoldMarksman [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jn7wys/random_notification_sound/
  4. Notification assistant randomly activating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Notification assistant randomly activating: Notification assistant keeps on activating itself in the "priority mode", what could cause this? submitted by /u/BLUOTTY [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ic8e6f/notification_assistant_randomly_activating/
  5. New pc restarts randomly and a lot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New pc restarts randomly and a lot: /Hello! I ve just bought a new pc and installed windows 10. I've tried everything from disabling automatic restart and all the steps from all the tutorials. I've checked on event viewer and found the following message The process C:\Windows\System32\RuntimeBroker.exe...
  6. Laptop Freezes Randomly A Lot!

Laptop Freezes Randomly A Lot!: Ever since I updated to Windows 1903 and now Windows 1909, my laptop freezes a lot. And the timing is so random too. I've updated all the drivers that I can think of and the issue is still there. Is there anything else that I can do so that my laptop won't freeze randomly? I...
  7. Random notifications

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Random notifications: Hello, recently I tried to download a private server for a mobile game on my pc to mess around with my friends, and I searched up on youtube how to do so, I tried on video in particular and I clicked the link, and I automatically knew that they were trying to infect my...
  8. Lots of random BSoD

Lots of random BSoD: Computer was working fine, went out of the country for a month and came back to loads of BSoD issues. I've done everything like updating drivers, rolling back display drivers, using DDU to remove graphics drivers and updated them, and also run MemTest+ for 8 rounds (which...
  9. Lots of random BSOD's from doing random activities.

Lots of random BSOD's from doing random activities.: Hello, I recently bought a new pre-built PC and since day 1 it randomly keeps getting BSOD's and restarting. It's happened during random times whilst doing different things e.g. whilst I've been browsing, or playing a game, or running virus scans etc. All basic and small...
  10. Random Achievement Notifications.

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Achievement Notifications.: This is weird. I just received a few random achievements on my computer, and I wasn't doing anything to earn them. I was playing my PS4 at the time, and they popped out of nowhere. Every time I clicked on them to see which game they were coming from, Project Spark kept...