Windows 10: Lots of recent questions about sound going off on PC's after a windows update I found a fix !

Discus and support Lots of recent questions about sound going off on PC's after a windows update I found a fix ! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After a windows update I lost all sound on my Dell Inspiron PC. Having battled for about 12 days through all the online fixes and tried every trick in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LeeRobinson1, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Lots of recent questions about sound going off on PC's after a windows update I found a fix !

After a windows update I lost all sound on my Dell Inspiron PC. Having battled for about 12 days through all the online fixes and tried every trick in the book the answer was simple.

I had to unplug my external speakers and restart my computer, run troubleshoot to see if the PC knew it had no speakers, which it did. Then I plugged them back in and the troubleshooter showed the speakers present and voila, the sound came back on as soon as I restarted the pc.

Hope this works for everyone else with this problem !

:)

LeeRobinson1, Aug 27, 2020
  2. GIL
    gil Win User

Windows sound not playing after recent Win10 Update

Hi all,

Symptom:
    Since last windows update, windows doesn't play the windows sounds: Startup, UAC sound, exclamation, warning, notifications, etc.

Note: Other sounds, like games, videos, calls are working well.

I use SoundBlaster Z series sound card. Their recent driver update release notes lists that the driver is fixing this issue.

Actions taken:
    Removed the driver completely
    rebooted
    Reinstalled the driver

Results:
    After initial boot and subsequent restarts, the windows sounds play well.
    After a computer shutdown and startup - the above symptom is introduced again, i.e., windows sounds don't play anymore.

I've repeated the steps above and ended up with the same problem.

Can anyone please assist?

Win10 Pro
    Version 1909
    OS Build 18363.657

Thanks.

3. window10 sound problems - I need help can you help me do that to fix the sound.

Hi,

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• What all the troubleshooting steps have you tried to resolved the issue?
    • What is the exact issue are you facing with sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Aug 27, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Lots of recent questions about sound going off on PC's after a windows update I found a fix !

PROBLEM WITH SOUND

Hi Emilio,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you install pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • What Is the make and model of your computer?

Follow the Microsoft article below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Fix sound problems.

Do let us know if you are able to get sound in your PC. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

Lots of recent questions about sound going off on PC's after a windows update I found a fix !

1. Lots of recent questions about sound going off on PC's after a windows update I found a fix ! - Similar Threads - Lots recent questions

2. windows startup apps not found how do i go about fixing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows startup apps not found how do i go about fixing?: When I start or restart my windows, it opens every file or folder inside my TEMP folder. Used Too i tried the scanbar tool now doesnt have a startup folder windows cant find it saysWhen I tried shell:startup in Run it is opening TEMP folder. used too not anymoreAlso, I have...
  3. windows startup apps not found how do i go about fixing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows startup apps not found how do i go about fixing?: When I start or restart my windows, it opens every file or folder inside my TEMP folder. Used Too i tried the scanbar tool now doesnt have a startup folder windows cant find it saysWhen I tried shell:startup in Run it is opening TEMP folder. used too not anymoreAlso, I have...
  4. windows startup apps not found how do i go about fixing?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Lots of BSOD recently after rebuilding PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lots of BSOD recently after rebuilding PC.: Greetings! Last week I started having BSOD issues on my PC, then started having crashes every time I opened a game.I recently upgraded my PC to a new motherboard, new chip, new ram, and new GPU. So, basically it's a new build with the exception being the PSU, hard drives, and...
  6. Lots of BSOD recently after rebuilding PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lots of BSOD recently after rebuilding PC.: Greetings! Last week I started having BSOD issues on my PC, then started having crashes every time I opened a game.I recently upgraded my PC to a new motherboard, new chip, new ram, and new GPU. So, basically it's a new build with the exception being the PSU, hard drives, and...
  7. Lots of BSOD recently after rebuilding PC.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. After the recent update, the sound got lowered by a lot...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After the recent update, the sound got lowered by a lot...: As title said, after the recent update (I think it's this one, KB4497615) I felt like the sound got lowered, is there a way to fix this? I tried to update the driver and it said up to date if this helps, also is there a problem if I just uninstall the update? I never...
  9. Few Small Questions About After The Recent Big Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Few Small Questions About After The Recent Big Update: So after the big update, I have a few questions. 1. Some of my tiles in the start menu have changed colour from blue to black don't look right next to the blue tiles. How do I change it back to what it was before? 2. Safe to remove both "$WINDOWS.~BT" and "Windows.old"...
  10. Question about recent power outage and PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question about recent power outage and PC: Since changing CMOS battery and Surge Protector there has not been anymore issues with my PC not powering on. Thanks for all the help and info.