Windows 10: Lots of resources being used

Discus and support Lots of resources being used in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have up to 45% of my CPU and 70-85% of my RAM in use (I have 8 GB) just by doing low end tasks. Looking in task manager, I know for a fact that ~6GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MyHomeworkIsDueToday, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Lots of resources being used

I have up to 45% of my CPU and 70-85% of my RAM in use (I have 8 GB) just by doing low end tasks. Looking in task manager, I know for a fact that ~6GB of RAM is not being used by Discord and Chrome. Windows should barely use any of that.

I've been suspicious of bloatware after a trojan Java virus (fake Minecraft mod) was on my device, but it was cleaned off with 3 different antivirus programs returning negatives (after 101 deep scans).

To give you an idea of these low end tasks, here's what I do...

• Literally one chrome tab (closing it doesn't change anything)
    • Discord
    • Reddit Lots of resources being used :)
    • Low-mid end gaming (but high usage is to be expected with that)
    submitted by /u/MyHomeworkIsDueToday
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MyHomeworkIsDueToday, Apr 5, 2021

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Apr 5, 2021
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 5, 2021
  4. Lots of resources being used

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

Lots of resources being used

1. Lots of resources being used - Similar Threads - Lots resources being

2. Ennserver.exe uses a lot of resources. What is it and can I delete it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ennserver.exe uses a lot of resources. What is it and can I delete it?: When running programmes on my computer I find that they constantly freeze and when I examine task manager I find the ennserver.exe and system interrupts are taking up resources.I understand that system interrupts is a Windows 10 feature but what is ennserver.exe and can I...
  3. Ennserver.exe uses a lot of resources. What is it and can I delete it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ennserver.exe uses a lot of resources. What is it and can I delete it?: When running programmes on my computer I find that they constantly freeze and when I examine task manager I find the ennserver.exe and system interrupts are taking up resources.I understand that system interrupts is a Windows 10 feature but what is ennserver.exe and can I...
  4. Ennserver.exe uses a lot of resources. What is it and can I delete it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. MsMpEng.exe consumes a lot of resources

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MsMpEng.exe consumes a lot of resources: Hi guys ive had it with this defender MpMsENG.exe . its a very frustrating exe to deal with . Ive done several things with it , as per this group suggestions , and the solutions are all temporary at best as inevitably thus stupid file returns and starts messing the CPU usage...
  6. A lot of RAM being used for no reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A lot of RAM being used for no reason: [ATTACH] I have 16 GB of RAM submitted by /u/burner192836 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/llgsaz/a_lot_of_ram_being_used_for_no_reason/
  7. Browser Using Lots of Resources

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Browser Using Lots of Resources: Long ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I was introduced to computers and then the Internet. Not long after that I found out about "cookies" and how they interacted with your browser. The more I studied this the more I saw what an advertiser's dream this must be, even though it...
  8. Windows updated on my ThinkPad T570, using a lot of resources now

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows updated on my ThinkPad T570, using a lot of resources now: I have been learning Django and Python 3. Nothing has changed but updating my system. I usually have Adobe PDF reader open, Atom and Power Shell running. Prior to update this used about 4 out of the 15gb’s of Ram. Now it’s using closer to 6.5 once I open Firefox it shows...
  9. Outlook 2016 using lots of resources

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 using lots of resources: I have a Dell Alien that was on Win 7 Pro 64bit. I upgraded a couple of weeks ago to Win 10 Pro 64bit. I have what I think MS calls Office 365. The subscription model that lets you run Office on multiple machines. Last weekend I upgraded from Office 2013 to 2016. I primarily...
  10. Lots of DATA being used by svchost.exe (netsvcs)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lots of DATA being used by svchost.exe (netsvcs): Hi, After solving a lot driver issues and lagging issues, I got a stable (at least in terms of speed) Windows 10. However, whenever I connect the PC to Internet, svchost.exe started using almost whole speed. It not just slow down what I wanted to do but also wastes my...