Windows 10: Lots of search processes in task manager

Discus and support Lots of search processes in task manager in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Not sure if this is an update. Screenshot below:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Named Name, Apr 22, 2024.

1. Lots of search processes in task manager

Not sure if this is an update. Screenshot below:

:)

Named Name, Apr 22, 2024
  2. MattCorey Win User

My search is not functioning

1. Use the shortcut Ctrl-Shift-Esc to open the Task Manager.
    2. If you see only a handful programs listed by it click on the "more details" link.
    3. Locate "Cortana" under background processes.
    4. Right-click on the process and select "end task" from the context menu.
    The Cortana process is reloaded right away by the operating system.

i strongly suggest u to follow step by step fix with pictures on Fix Windows 10 Search Not Working Easily (2023 Guide)

MattCorey, Apr 22, 2024
  3. Search Box in Windows Task Manager

I would like to suggest Microsoft for providing Search Box in Windows Task Manager. While running too many tasks, the search box is required to search the processes.

Peratchi Selvam, Apr 22, 2024
  4. Lots of search processes in task manager

Task Manager overrun with unidentified Processes

Task Manager is getting overrun with unidentified Processes
    hogging my ram and cpu . when i try to stop these it says Access Denied .

I need tools that give me control to stop and prevent these tasks, and also beyond any doubt identify the processes .

Alot of svg hosts etc. This is just a part of the list. There is a whole row More of these processes.
    I'm almost certain this is making a game i play crash a lot .

Note i am using process hacker a tool i found online that gives more information on processes - that is the Task manager im using as seen in the preview.
    But even that i dont understand how to use if it was useful in this at all. I just want some brute force method of dealing with this. But willing to look around .

Lots of search processes in task manager 329804d1619624291t-task-manager-overrun-unidentified-processes-big-list-sad.png

OtherWay1982, Apr 22, 2024
Thema:

Lots of search processes in task manager

1. Lots of search processes in task manager - Similar Threads - Lots search processes

2. Lots of search processes in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lots of search processes in task manager: Not sure if this is an update. Screenshot below: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lots-of-search-processes-in-task-manager/4dbc5dcb-7443-45e4-8bee-647ec0515527
  3. "Task Manager" processes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Task Manager" processes: More of a question of curiosity than an issue ATM. I hope I chose the correct place to post.A few details before I proceed, if needed. I have a Dell Optiplex 3130 that came with Windows 7 Pro, I've upgraded to windows 10 Pro. All updates are current as of two or three days...
  4. Task Manager Processes

Task Manager Processes: I was cleaning up processed in Task Manager and must have deleted something I shouldn't have. The appearance of the text in emails and web pages don't look as good. They don't look as crisp and the lines aren't all solid. I'm not sure what to do?...
  5. task manager processes

task manager processes: I was going through my task manager and suddenly I saw a process which had Microsoft icon four coloured boxes .it suddenly disappeared. I want to know that which process was that because I have never seen it before....
  6. A lot of processes opening every app in a Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A lot of processes opening every app in a Task Manager: Hi all, Windows 11 keeps opening many processes per app in task manager and it doesn't stop even if I don't open new windows like Chrome or Edge browser etc. I thought it was some kind of malware but I turned off the Internet, do not stop opening new processes... I've been...
  7. A lot of processes opening every app in a Task Manager

A lot of processes opening every app in a Task Manager: Hi all, Windows 11 keeps opening many processes per app in task manager and it doesn't stop even if I don't open new windows like Chrome or Edge browser etc. I thought it was some kind of malware but I turned off the Internet, do not stop opening new processes... I've been...
  8. Suspicious process named "Search" can be seen in task manager. It uses a lot of internet....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suspicious process named "Search" can be seen in task manager. It uses a lot of internet....: Suspicious process Search.exe can be seen in task manager. It uses a lot of internet. When i end it starts again automatically.Its located in "C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Search_cw5n1h2txyewy"....
  9. Searching for a process in the task manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Searching for a process in the task manager: Hello there. Does the Windows 10 task manager have some way of searching for a process by name? Just reading through the list is incredibly frustrating. submitted by /u/i_lack_chromosomes [link] [comments]...
  10. Processes / Task Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Processes / Task Manager: i have approximately 150-170 processes in task manager every time i open my laptop, is this normal or not ? and my laptop often get hot when i do simpel task like browsing is there any setting that microsoft can do to reduce the processes in task manager? [ATTACH]...