Windows 10: Lots of stutter lag in games like GTA V and Jedi Fallen Order

Discus and support Lots of stutter lag in games like GTA V and Jedi Fallen Order in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’ve been playing a lot of GTA and Star Wars recently but it’s almost unplayable because of the amount of stutter lag I receive. I’ve tried everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NotedASN, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Lots of stutter lag in games like GTA V and Jedi Fallen Order

I’ve been playing a lot of GTA and Star Wars recently but it’s almost unplayable because of the amount of stutter lag I receive. I’ve tried everything from changing the graphics settings in game to changing some settings in the NVIDIA Control Panel. I’ve even tried restarting my PC and uninstalling and reinstalling both the game and steam. I’m not sure what is causing it, but I do know that, for example; when I’m in a car in GTA and I accelerate, my Disk skyrockets to 100, but when I’m out it goes right back down. The CPU and Memory and generally in the 80s-90s consistently when in game. Any help is appreciated.

Alienware Aurora R7 Intel Core i5 Processor

submitted by /u/NotedASN
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NotedASN, Dec 29, 2019

2. How to fix GTA 5 lag?

I understand your reply.i have so much enough space on my HDD.

I played tomb raider game without any lags its working smoothly but when i playing gta v its making cpu,memory to 100%usage.i tried some tricks also but i didnt seen any result.

I know its(gta v) working smoothly on 8gb of ram,4gb of intel hd graphics 610,2.3GHz.

I just want to know how can i solve gta v lagging like by changing any setting to my laptop.

"Gta v game lagging mainly when i driving fast" and its still continuously lagging till i close the game.

PRABHUKIRAN, Dec 29, 2019
  3. High end build, stuttering in every game

Hello, this is my build:

• i5-6600k
    • ASUS MAXIMUS RANGER VIII
    • MSI GTX 1060 6G
    • Samsung SSD 850 evo 250gb
    • WD Caviar Blue 1TB
    • G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 DDR4 (XMP profile)
    • Dual monitor: Zowie XL2411 144hz + BenQ GW2260 60Hz
    I get stuttering in the following titles:

• Rocket League: every time a new player join a match the game freeze, also when V-Sync is on I get random lag from 144 to 130 and then the game continue to run smoothly.
    • GTA V: random stuttering Online and fps drops, V-Sync on.
    • PUBG: random stuttering, V-Sync off.
    • Rust: stuttering when loading chunks with fps drops.
    • Ark: as Rust.
    • Total War Warhammer: random stuttering in the strategic map, V-Sync on.
    What I've done till now:

• Tried every graphic settings.
    • All kind of Windows 10 optimizations like Performance mode, Xbox game mode off, disabled unnecessary services and tasks, no antivirus (Windows Defender on only).
    • Hard drive defragmentation.
    • Nvidia control panel optimizations for every game like Thread optimization, tried several v-sync modes, etc.
    • All drivers are updated.
    • No pending Windows updates.
    • Temps are fine, GPU and CPU never go above 65C.
    • Shadowplay overlay off.
    • Playing with one monitor at once.
    • Moved games from HDD to SSD.
    • Tried different version of GPU drivers.
    • Disabled the page on the HDD and fixed its size on the SSD with the reccommended value.
    • Memtest for both RAM stick at once (8 pass each no errors).
    What I've not tried yet is to reinstall the OS... benchmarks and performance in game are ok and in line with every other user... do you have any suggestions? Could it be network related? How can I analyze the stuttering?

PS: I'm testing with Latencymon and doing some screenshot of gpu and cpu usage

djanthony93, Dec 29, 2019
  4. Lots of stutter lag in games like GTA V and Jedi Fallen Order

High end build, stuttering in every game

Is this only happening when you play GTA V ON LINE, or is it also happening in story mode off line? If it's on line, ya, then maybe I can understand the stuttering getting even worse as you increase performance (lower graphics). My (stutter free) video was off line.

Our resident GTA V on line expert is Blackrose. Don't know if he would have advice for you. There are about 100,000 gamers playing GTA V on line on any given day. I'm sure you are aware of the huge number of search hits you get with a GTA V on line stuttering search, even within the last year. While troubleshooting the issue on your own, I would suggest following Rock Star's advice, especially the last paragraph re the support ticket to see what they say.

Lots of stutter lag in games like GTA V and Jedi Fallen Order [​IMG]

GTAV PC General Troubleshooting – Installation Issues, Crashes, Freezes, Poor Performance Rockstar Support

specialkone, Dec 29, 2019
Thema:

Lots of stutter lag in games like GTA V and Jedi Fallen Order

1. Lots of stutter lag in games like GTA V and Jedi Fallen Order - Similar Threads - Lots stutter lag

2. Stutters and lags in the game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stutters and lags in the game: Hello, I hope you can help me or give me some advice on how to fix my problem with the desktop pc. I bought a gaming desktop pc to play the latest games. It's a high-end desktop pc. And I am very struggling with stutters in the games. Micro stutters or lags I guess. They are...
  3. Stutters and lags in the game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stutters and lags in the game: Hello, I hope you can help me or give me some advice on how to fix my problem with the desktop pc. I bought a gaming desktop pc to play the latest games. It's a high-end desktop pc. And I am very struggling with stutters in the games. Micro stutters or lags I guess. They are...
  4. GTA V lags a lot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA V lags a lot: Hello Everyone. My PC specs are as listed:-Intel UHD 620Core i5-8250U8 GB RAM4 Cores128 MB dedicated memory4 GB shared video memoryThough, my pc meets the recommended requirements, GTA V still lags a lot. Minor FPS drops are ok. But when I drive, the game starts lagging a...
  5. Laptop locking only while plugged in and playing games. LIKE GTA V

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop locking only while plugged in and playing games. LIKE GTA V: Hey, With due respect i would like to tell the problem faced by me. When I plugged in the charger and start playing games after 5 minutes or so a screen comes displaying locking with a windows buffering icon above it and then it shuts down automatically. And then i have to...
  6. GTA V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA V: A few days ago i downloaded GTA V for free from Epic Games. After installing the game, it automatically downloads Rockstar Games Launcher. When I launched it, it tells me to sign in or make an account, so i made one and then it proceeds to the launcher. At first I didn't get...
  7. gta v

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gta v: sir....... excuse me if i written something wrong because i cant speak English very well last week i downloaded gta v rebak but it cant play very well because it have a shutter and lag i play it offline but she is slow that my computer info and graphic is intel...
  8. jedi fallen order wont launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    jedi fallen order wont launch: I purchased Jedi fallen order after I downloaded it and tried to play it I get an error message that says the code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found. so I reinstalled it and still had the same message. I tried repairing it to no effect. this has been...
  9. GTA V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA V: If I buy GTA V from the microsoft store on pc can I then download it on my PC and then play with xbox online players? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gta-v/4bf453e9-3b71-4a48-97c0-0f5d1409c301
  10. GTA 5 Lags & Stutters Since Win10 Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA 5 Lags & Stutters Since Win10 Install: Seriously, they say Windows 10 is the fastest Windows OS to date, yet to me it's the slowest I've ever encountered! GTA 5 was working magic back on Windows 7, yet here on Win10, lags and stutters start to emerge, particularly after installing the latest updates. Not only...