Windows 10: Lots of things are crashing on startup.

Discus and support Lots of things are crashing on startup. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My pc specs are on my profile. But yeah, I clicked start menu, then settings. A window pops up and then immediately closes. Same thing with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by nugget, Jul 28, 2015.

1. nugget Win User

Lots of things are crashing on startup.

My pc specs are on my profile.

But yeah, I clicked start menu, then settings. A window pops up and then immediately closes.

Same thing with a couple other apps. They are there, but they just don't... work.

However, things like the Xbox app and Steam appear to be working fine.

Any ideas, fixes, or people with the same problem? Thanks!

:)

nugget, Jul 28, 2015

2. Lots of Things Stop Responding Randomly

Hi,

To address your concern, please check the post of ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP)
    on how to perform the Deployment Image Servicing and Management command line. Check this link
    for the steps.

Let us know how it goes.

MaRoselle Cag, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Lots of Things Stop Responding Randomly

For a little while now, (don't quite remember what the start date was), my laptop has been suddenly becoming VERY unresponsive and unusable every so often. (It's running Windows 10, it's 1 and a half to 2 years old) This occurred quite a while apart so I
    didn't think to investigate it. But recently, (started November 2016) it happened far more regularly. It goes from a few days apart, to earlier today, it happened twice in an hour, or maybe even less. It happens at random intervals. I've started to have to
    switch to my 7 year old laptop for reliable working, if I need to do a long homework, despite it being rather slow. (for example)

When this is not occurring, the laptop runs fine.

CPU, memory or disk doesn't max out during this time, according to the values in task manager.

CPU temperatures don't exceed 60C (normally hovering around in the mid fifties)

Things that are happening:

- Edge stops responding, or if its not open, it won't open.

- File explorer opens much slower than usual

- No sound files will play using the built in Groove Music (haven't tried Windows Media Player)

- No video files will play using the built in Films & TV (haven't tried Windows Media Player)

- Task manager won't update or close. If I click close, it just stops responding and doesn't close.

- I can't log off

- I can't shut down normally (have to do a force shut down)

However, some programs to work, like Bandicam.

To see a demonstration to show most of what it happening, see this video:

Things I've done to try to fix the issue:

- Run a scan with Windows Defender

- Run a scan with Malwarebytes - Antimalware

- Run a sfc scan

- A force restart does work, but only temporarily. I keep having to force restart it and it's becoming out-of-hand and increasing annoying.

Any suggestions for solutions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Datcoldness, Jul 28, 2015
Thema:

Lots of things are crashing on startup.

1. Lots of things are crashing on startup. - Similar Threads - Lots things are

2. A lot of bluescreens, tried a lot of things, need further help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A lot of bluescreens, tried a lot of things, need further help: I have a ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA506IV laptop, which blue screens a lot. The messages vary a lot, but the most common one is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I have tried a lot of things, but it still blue screens and freeze every once in a while. I have tried updating all drivers,...
  3. A lot of bluescreens, tried a lot of things, need further help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A lot of bluescreens, tried a lot of things, need further help: I have a ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA506IV laptop, which blue screens a lot. The messages vary a lot, but the most common one is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I have tried a lot of things, but it still blue screens and freeze every once in a while. I have tried updating all drivers,...
  4. PC crashes a lot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes a lot: I built my PC about 8 months ago and ever since it has been randomly crashing whenever I play video games and sometimes during zoom calls or other programs. The crashes used to be less frequent but theyve been getting worse and updating drivers doesnt seem to fix anything....
  5. PC crashes a lot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashes a lot: I built my PC about 8 months ago and ever since it has been randomly crashing whenever I play video games and sometimes during zoom calls or other programs. The crashes used to be less frequent but theyve been getting worse and updating drivers doesnt seem to fix anything....
  6. i broke a lot of things

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i broke a lot of things: i moved my %appdata% folder, and now a lot of the windows 10 features won't work. reason for moving it: I was constantly running out of space on my windows partition and I don't have money to spend on a new hard drive with more space right now, but I did move it properly. I...
  7. Typed One Thing, Lots Of Problems

Typed One Thing, Lots Of Problems: I was playing a game, and went to turn on my overlay by typing “ctrl alt I”. I’ve done it countless number of times, but this time, my game instantly closed, and things got weird. Rain meter closed, and when I go to re-open it, it closes almost immediately. The same with the...
  8. Lots of pc crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lots of pc crashing: At the start of November I recently upgraded my PC, I changed out my Motherboard, CPU, Ram. and kept everything else. it started off slow about 2 weeks after I started getting crashing no blue screen. The screen just goes black and the computer restarts some days its really...
  9. New 1909 update freezes/crashes a lot of games on startup

New 1909 update freezes/crashes a lot of games on startup: So I updated to Windows 10 1909 from 1903, and now a lot of games just freeze and will not respond anymore. The only way to close them is through task manager. Some examples of these games are: Hunt Showdown, Rocket League, Warhammer Vermintide 2, Dishonored 2, Shadow of...
  10. Lots of BSODS doing lots of things

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lots of BSODS doing lots of things: EDIT* getting more BSODs of at random times doing random things with random messages. 'system services error' 'memory management error' and so forth EDIT** sfc.exe /scannow says i have corrupt files but it cannot fix them? argh *Original Story* seems to only happen...