Windows 10: Lots of Windows 10 crashes all of the sudden, different machines.

Discus and support Lots of Windows 10 crashes all of the sudden, different machines. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Anyone else experiencing this? I'm seeing three different win10 instances crash in the last few days (5 crashes). This is after a round of updates, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dougolicious, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Lots of Windows 10 crashes all of the sudden, different machines.

Anyone else experiencing this? I'm seeing three different win10 instances crash in the last few days (5 crashes). This is after a round of updates, but I don't know if that's the cause.

Two of these are vbox VMs, which could have its own issues, but the fact that this other machine is crashing and this is after a round of updates makes me wonder if it's some issue with a windows update. The VMs failed with memory access error on the host, but the physical machine has been dying with bluescreens.

I'm investigating but if anyone has any knowledge or advice, I'd appreciate it.

submitted by /u/Dougolicious
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Dougolicious, Mar 5, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 5, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 5, 2021
  4. PP Mguire Win User

Lots of Windows 10 crashes all of the sudden, different machines.

Windows 7 Games Compatibility Testing

Hmm found a flaw in his list. Jedi Outcast works fine on my machine. But all of a sudden KoTOR 2 and Academy are crashing.

PP Mguire, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

Lots of Windows 10 crashes all of the sudden, different machines.

1. Lots of Windows 10 crashes all of the sudden, different machines. - Similar Threads - Lots crashes sudden

2. BSOD crashes on desktop machine, different codes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD crashes on desktop machine, different codes: Hi! I have experienced a series of BSODs. It started before summer, with a few days between them, and once per other day. Today it has started to crash multiple times. If I don't touch the computer, it survives longer, but if I use it, it crashes soon after. In one of the...
  3. BSOD crashes on desktop machine, different codes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD crashes on desktop machine, different codes: Hi! I have experienced a series of BSODs. It started before summer, with a few days between them, and once per other day. Today it has started to crash multiple times. If I don't touch the computer, it survives longer, but if I use it, it crashes soon after. In one of the...
  4. BSOD crashes on desktop machine, different codes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 suddenly different

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 suddenly different: Hello everybody,my mom just unlocked her laptop and suddenly everything completely different. The design is different, her documents are simply gone and not in the folders anymore where they used to be. We were able to find them now however she doesn’t have any access anymore...
  6. Windows 10 suddenly different

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 suddenly different: Hello everybody,my mom just unlocked her laptop and suddenly everything completely different. The design is different, her documents are simply gone and not in the folders anymore where they used to be. We were able to find them now however she doesn’t have any access anymore...
  7. Shortcuts are different all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcuts are different all of a sudden: Ok, this is very specific, but im about to freak out, as no one can help me.Today my harddrive blew and i had to have a new one put in. The put windows 10 on it like before. I had to install everything new on my laptopIm a translator. I translate from english to german. Since...
  8. Windows explorer is crashing all the sudden.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows explorer is crashing all the sudden.: I am having a very confusing and very frustrating problem with my windows and I tried just about everything to fix it. This just came out of the blue. I didn't download any files. I don't use file sharing programs. I did not change any settings to anything except for...
  9. All games are suddenly crashing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All games are suddenly crashing.: This has never happened before, suddenly any game i play randomly freezes (and makes that buzzing sound once) for 7 or so seconds before exiting to desktop without any errors. My os and drivers are up to date, i have never overclocked anything, basically nothing has changed,...
  10. Windows 10 boot suddenly a lot slower

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 boot suddenly a lot slower: Wondering if someone can help me out with this, ever since I've had Windows 10 on my machine (whatever version/build) the startup speed has always been really good, whether it's from a restart or using the "Fast startup" after shutdown (which is even faster) It's on an SSD...