Windows 10: Lots of Windows Settings / Features Unavailable (Grayed out / Gone)

Discus and support Lots of Windows Settings / Features Unavailable (Grayed out / Gone) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The following are all the things that I have not been able to figure out why they are grayed out or completely invisible / inaccessible? I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by peptobismalaaa, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Lots of Windows Settings / Features Unavailable (Grayed out / Gone)

The following are all the things that I have not been able to figure out why they are grayed out or completely invisible / inaccessible? I have tried all Group Policy edits and have tried the registry edits that have been suggested, but they do not seem to work.

I also cannot choose to sign on with a local account anymore.

The device installation settings is the one that I want to work the most as I just got a new monitor and Acer's website states that drivers would be available via Windows Update, but I cannot access it through Device Manager and Windows Update does not show it.

Lots of Windows Settings / Features Unavailable (Grayed out / Gone) c76941d8-a9ad-4fbf-9678-e6d427e4f4b4?upload=true.png

Lots of Windows Settings / Features Unavailable (Grayed out / Gone) 46a473e8-05f4-4bf5-a79e-4eba25303ed8?upload=true.png

Lots of Windows Settings / Features Unavailable (Grayed out / Gone) d00dceb6-1286-4b40-b64b-c7997445d4b9?upload=true.png

Lots of Windows Settings / Features Unavailable (Grayed out / Gone) 1c69fd3c-9cff-406f-abae-2fbfb86d271b?upload=true.png

Lots of Windows Settings / Features Unavailable (Grayed out / Gone) 105c1749-7ba9-416b-bdeb-6b8c52a1740e?upload=true.png

:)

peptobismalaaa, Nov 22, 2018

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Nov 22, 2018
  3. Kari Win User
    Under Settings & Features what does an unavailable app mean?

The Apps & Features list shows the applications you have installed on your system, both Windows Store app and desktop applications. By default the list is sorted by the size they occupy on the hard drive.

List also shows the date the app was last used:

Lots of Windows Settings / Features Unavailable (Grayed out / Gone) [​IMG]

In case of a Windows Store app showing size as Unavailable, it only means that you have not yet used that app since you upgraded to 10 like Mail and Calendar, Maps and Microsoft Solitaire in the below screenshot; as soon as I will use them, the Settings app can calculate their size. In case of a desktop applications Unavailable is also sometimes shown even when you have used the application but for one or another reason the Settings app cannot determine the size of the application. In screenshot below you can see Maxthon Browser, Microsoft Expression Encoder and Office 365 size as Unavailable although I use all of them on daily basis:

Lots of Windows Settings / Features Unavailable (Grayed out / Gone) [​IMG]

Short answer: Unavailable in this list simply means that the size the application is taking on your hard disk cannot be determined by the Settings app.

4. Lots of Windows Settings / Features Unavailable (Grayed out / Gone)

"Gray Screen of Death"

Thanks for your informative post!

I had solved my 2D & gray screen issue using advice posted by erocker (see below)
    Mainly it involves creating a profile and putting higher 2D clocks:

Black Panther, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

Lots of Windows Settings / Features Unavailable (Grayed out / Gone)

1. Lots of Windows Settings / Features Unavailable (Grayed out / Gone) - Similar Threads - Lots Settings Features

2. Set time Automatically grayed Out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set time Automatically grayed Out: We have Windows 10 Pro, after joining them to the Domain the option "Set time automatically" is grayed out. I done googling but there is no way to enable it. I need this option enabled, how can I do it ? Tried computer Configuration\ Windows Settings\ Security Settings\ Local...
  3. Set time Automatically grayed Out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set time Automatically grayed Out: We have Windows 10 Pro, after joining them to the Domain the option "Set time automatically" is grayed out. I done googling but there is no way to enable it. I need this option enabled, how can I do it ? Tried computer Configuration\ Windows Settings\ Security Settings\ Local...
  4. Nightlight settings are grayed out

Nightlight settings are grayed out: My Nightlight is greyed out. The video driver is up to date. So I've tried this instruction. And I've found out that there are no such keys in this folder. What should I do next? Can I create these keys somehow and delete them thereafter? Please help, my eyes are in real pain...
  5. Taskbar color setting grayed out

Taskbar color setting grayed out: I use a special color bright orange on my title bar and taskbar. The taskbar has suddenly turned white, and the Personalization/System/Display/Colors switch is grayed and unusable. I've rebooted several times, and I've run "chkdsk /f", but nothing changes.Why, and how do I...
  6. Windows 10 settings window grayed out

Windows 10 settings window grayed out: Beginning of the issue was that my spotlight image doesn't change so I follow the steps from the link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hello/windows-spotlight-lock-screen-picture-wont-change/443cc26c-29f1-4481-80c9-6fb7130f6191 After follow...
  7. Windows Defender settings are grayed out

Windows Defender settings are grayed out: hello, my laptop running windows 10 home 1903 has some windows defender setting greyed out with the message "this setting is managed by your administrator," I'm the only user and have Malwarebytes installed for scanning. everything I've tried hasn't worked. it's really...
  8. Windows sandbox grayed out in Windows Features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows sandbox grayed out in Windows Features: Sirs, I recently updated to windows 10 pro vers. 1903 . I wanted to try Windows Sandbox but when in Windows Features ,Windows Sandbox option is grayed out and check box not thickable. I then checked in BIOS motherboard and found this: Hyper-V Requirements : VM...
  9. Windows 10 PIN feature grayed out

Windows 10 PIN feature grayed out: Hi All, Please advise me how to fix it. The Windows version is 1809 Build 17763.404 which is the latest version The issue is that PIN sign up feature is disabled. I have searched and tried the following recommend....
  10. Windows Updates - Advanced Settings - Grayed Out

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Updates - Advanced Settings - Grayed Out: Hi friends, I have an ASUS laptop that had windows 8 home edition. I did the anniversary upgrade to windows 10. Ever since, the windows updates advanced settings is grayed out. Meaning that I cannot set the time when the computer should restart after applying windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows go back feature is grayed out