Windows 10: Lotus Word Pro - Search for a text in all documents.

Discus and support Lotus Word Pro - Search for a text in all documents. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Amipro had a neat Smarticon, which would search for text in any of its documents. This was different for the Smartican which would search for text... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gary D Ph.D., Sep 9, 2019.

1. Lotus Word Pro - Search for a text in all documents.

Amipro had a neat Smarticon, which would search for text in any of its documents. This was different for the Smartican which would search for text within the document.

If you were trying to find a document in Amipro that you knew had the word "itinerary" in it, you would click the smarticon, that looked like a searchlight with a T in it for "text." Type the word "itinerary," and it would search all the Amirpo documents and make a list of all the ones with the word "itinerary" in it.

I was surprised to find that Lotus Word Pro did not have this Smarticon. It has all the others. Am I missing something?

By the way, Windows 10 search will not pull up .lwp (Lotus Word Pro) or .sam (Amipro) documents.

Thanks!

:)

Gary D Ph.D., Sep 9, 2019

2. Windows 10 Search Problem for .LWP Lotus Word Pro and .SAM Amipro

Dear Keith,

Thanks for your reply. The first thing I did was to index those files and they WERE listed as .sam for Amipro and .lwp for Lotus Word Pro. I also did select "Index Properties and File Contents," but it will only bring up FILE NAMES with the selected word,
    not documents that contain the selected word. Any other suggestions of explanations?

Thanks!

Gary

3. Windows 10 Search Problem for .LWP Lotus Word Pro and .SAM Amipro

When I type in a search word and click the DOCUMENTS TAB, Windows 10 WILL find Lotus Word Pro (.LWP) and Amipro (.sam)
    FILES with that search word, but unlike WORD documents, will NOT find the file
    CONTAINING the word. For instance, if I search for PIANO, Windows 10 search WILL find all Lotus Word Pro and Amipro FILE NAMES containing the word, PIANO, like PIANO FOR SALE but will not find a document with the word PIANO in it, if the file
    name is MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS, for example.

Again, this does not happen with WORD documents. It finds the file, whether the search word is in the file name or not.

Any explanation or help for this?

Thanks!

4. Lotus Word Pro - Search for a text in all documents.

Lotus Word Pro

Will the Lotus Word Pro package i use for work on my Windows 7 laptop work when I upgrade to Windows 10?

PaulCurtis163, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

Lotus Word Pro - Search for a text in all documents.

1. Lotus Word Pro - Search for a text in all documents. - Similar Threads - Lotus Word Pro

2. Microsoft Word for windows 10 and all Word documents will not open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Word for windows 10 and all Word documents will not open.: Word will bring up with error "we are sorry, but Word has run into an error that is preventing it from working correctly. Word will need to be closed as a result. Would you like to repair now?" Clicking on repair now just allows error message to go away. How do I get Word to...
  3. Word is highlighting all text

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Word is highlighting all text: Word has just started highlighting all text in documents so that I cannot edit at all. Sometimes I can open up a new blank Word doc and click on the page and then switch back to the document I am working on and then I can make edits for a bit before it highlights all the text...
  4. Word is highlighting all text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word is highlighting all text: Word has just started highlighting all text in documents so that I cannot edit at all. Sometimes I can open up a new blank Word doc and click on the page and then switch back to the document I am working on and then I can make edits for a bit before it highlights all the text...
  5. Word is highlighting all text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. File missing all the words in the document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File missing all the words in the document: ok, I got maybe a unique one for you all... today I turned on a laptop I have not turned on in over a year. i needed a document i had saved on it and was able to access it. I changed one line in the document hit the save icon and was about to send it to myself in email...
  7. LOTUS WORD PRO

LOTUS WORD PRO: I have Lotus Word Pro installed on a previous computer and have misplaced the disc. I set up a new computer and now need to install Word Pro again and do not know if I can. Can this program be reinstalled with just the files that were installed on the other computer where...
  8. Data Recovery - Word Document Recovered, But Text Illegible

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Data Recovery - Word Document Recovered, But Text Illegible: Hello and thank you in advance for any help and direction. Objective: I need to recover the content of a word document. Backstory: My Mom's laptop is dysfunctional and basically it rebooted and her Windows 10 looked like a new install and all her folders were cleaned-out, and...
  9. Windows 10 Search Problem for .LWP Lotus Word Pro and .SAM Amipro

Windows 10 Search Problem for .LWP Lotus Word Pro and .SAM Amipro: When I type in a search word and click the DOCUMENTS TAB, Windows 10 WILLl find Lotus Word Pro (.LWP) and Amipro (.sam) FILES with that search word, but unlike WORD documents, will NOT find the file CONTAINING the word. For instance, if I search for PIANO, Windows 10 search...
  10. Searching for documents with a specific text string

in Windows 10 Support
    Searching for documents with a specific text string: In WinXP it was possible to search for documents that have a specific text string (meaning a phrase or a word) WITHIN them. In other words, you type in some word or phrase and the "find" function in XP turns up all the documents that contain it. Is it possible to do...