Windows 10: Loud buzzing noise

Discus and support Loud buzzing noise in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! I have a year-old Lenovo G500 laptop, and recently it started doing this loud, buzzing sound quite often, even when there's only one program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by orbisromanus, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Loud buzzing noise

Hello!

I have a year-old Lenovo G500 laptop, and recently it started doing this loud, buzzing sound quite often, even when there's only one program opened. I checked CPU and disk usage the first few times it happened, but they're fairly low. I'm not really tech-savvy, so I'm not exactly sure if the sound is coming from a fan or is it HDD. I do know for sure that the fan isn't dusty, when I brought it to a tech shop they told me there's no need for a cleaning. I'm sorry if the question is stupid, but the frequent loud sound makes me worried and I can't be sure if it's just laptop's normal sound or not. Any help appreciated.

:)

orbisromanus, Nov 10, 2015

2. Nokia N70 buzzing fault

I have had 4 N70 phones with loud buzzing noise Loud buzzing noise :(

Backlight brightness settings dont solve the problem.

dutchie---01, Nov 10, 2015
  3. Xbox Party chat buzzing on windows 10??

It didn't work, when i connected to a party it still made a loud buzzing noise. Whenever i was in a party by myself it didnt make the noise but as soon as someone joined it started.

ThatPirateNathan, Nov 10, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

Loud buzzing noise

Can be coming from a fan, be first thought even if not dirty can be going bad, something is loose and rubbing on it, also can be power supply which also have fans and or the hard drive. Know which side hard drive is on on laptop. This is not coming from the speakers ? How is it when it is plugged in, does this only happen on a battery ?

jds63, Nov 10, 2015
  5. Hi, thanks for replying! The noise is coming from the left side, where is also the fan opening, though sometimes when I hear that sound and put my hand near the opening, I don't feel it working and other times I do. Funny thing is, the label on the laptop says 'silent fan'...
    I'm quite sure it's not coming from the speakers, but it happens both when plugged in and on a battery.

orbisromanus, Nov 10, 2015
  6. jds63 Win User
    Your welcome. Sounds like it is a fan. Believe if you have a CD ROM would be on other side if it was this also. Mute the volume or lower it all the way, then would know if it was coming from there, put your ear next to speaker. This sounds happens how consistent after awhile of being on ? How old is the laptop ?

jds63, Nov 10, 2015
  7. Laptop is a year and a few months old. It happens almost instantly, for example, I'll turn the laptop on, go on the Internet and a few minutes later the sound'll start. Even when I close the program immediately after the sound starts, it'll continue for some time. Sometimes it starts even if I'm not doing a thing, or right after I wake it up from sleep, which didn't use to happen before.

orbisromanus, Nov 11, 2015
  8. jds63 Win User

Loud buzzing noise

Lenovo still warranty it past a year ? Said you brought it to a place they checked it out and said no need for cleaning, but they did not hear this ? Mentioned if had a CD-ROM would be on other side, can leave it open see if it still occurs only thinking of that as a possible cause instead of fan, Hard Drive or Power supply.

jds63, Nov 11, 2015
  9. caperjack Win User
    doesn't matter how old it is ,its electronics ,they break , and fan and cooling fins do get dirty ,tech who said different was wrong . using a can of compressed air to blow out the fins/fan area can be helpful ,it could be dirty enough to cause fan to come on as soon as laptop turns on ,,,if it a bad fan then it needs to be changed to a new one

caperjack, Nov 11, 2015
  10. jds63 Win User
    Yeah, fan is usually culprit, not sure what side each components are on, hard drive, CPU (which has a fan to). Not afraid of opening it if easy enough to take a look get a better listen or try cleaning it out. Bearing on fans can go and cause noise. I thought Laptop fans do not run all the time, may be wrong as you say it happens right away, makes me think a bit on hard drive to or CPU Fan and even if GPU (display adapter) has one.

jds63, Nov 11, 2015
  11. Thank you both for advices, I'll try cleaning it and see if it helps

orbisromanus, Nov 13, 2015
  12. I have a 2-yr-old Lenovo Yoga 2 11 and it started making a loud mechanical (not from speaker) noise. The video showing locked up and none of the keyboard buttons would work to shut it down. The power button would not shut it down. I had to let it discharge the battery for a couple hours while making this noise and tried the power button again. This time it turned it off and I was able to boot and operate normally. Have you heard of this problem and do you know the cause or a way to keep it from returning?

Jose Jimenez, Dec 10, 2016
  13. enigma101 Win User

Loud buzzing noise

Could be another case of the CPU fan being blocked or restricted by dirt or dust. This may cause the CPU to overheat resulting in the machine being unresponsive. You should be able to check for this quite easily by shining a torch through the fan intake. It's worth blowing through this area with compressed air (or an air duster can) even if it doesn't look that bad. This can make a huge difference regardless. *Wink

enigma101, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Loud buzzing noise

1. Loud buzzing noise - Similar Threads - Loud buzzing noise

2. Computer crashing during gaming with loud buzzing noise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashing during gaming with loud buzzing noise: For quite some time now I've had an issue where my PC will freeze during gaming. The system will be unresponsive but there is always a loud buzzing sound. A hard reset is required.The issue isn't present when I'm playing older or less demanding games; I've updated my video...
  3. Computer crashing during gaming with loud buzzing noise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashing during gaming with loud buzzing noise: For quite some time now I've had an issue where my PC will freeze during gaming. The system will be unresponsive but there is always a loud buzzing sound. A hard reset is required.The issue isn't present when I'm playing older or less demanding games; I've updated my video...
  4. Bluescreening with monitor turning off/loud buzzing noise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreening with monitor turning off/loud buzzing noise: I have episodes of bluescreening/crashing randomly, usually while running fullscreen programs. Sometimes my monitor just turns off and the computer reboots automatically, at other times an ungodly noise plays as the screen freezes and I lose complete control of the computer...
  5. Bluescreening with monitor turning off/loud buzzing noise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreening with monitor turning off/loud buzzing noise: I have episodes of bluescreening/crashing randomly, usually while running fullscreen programs. Sometimes my monitor just turns off and the computer reboots automatically, at other times an ungodly noise plays as the screen freezes and I lose complete control of the computer...
  6. Loud Buzzing Noise during Videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Loud Buzzing Noise during Videos: I have a Lenovo Yoga 720 I recently purchased it a few months ago. I have windows 10. Lately I have discovered there is a very loud buzzing noise, sounds like an electrical current or laser that is ringing when I am in a video call. I cannot hear this noise during the...
  7. Loud noises

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Loud noises: whenever I turn on my computer it starts making a loud static noise . I cant turn it off until i turn my computer off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loud-noises/d3b5fe5b-02ce-4d42-b5f2-2ddbda803e59
  8. computer froze with loud buzzing noise

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer froze with loud buzzing noise: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power Date: 17/11/2018 18:04:56 Event ID: 35 Task Category: (2) Level: Error Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-25FBGLI Description: Performance power...
  9. win10 random hangs loud buzzing noise

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win10 random hangs loud buzzing noise: This happens - 1 in photoshop 2 premiere 3 surfing internet 4 excel My event logs are effing crazy with errors and warnings - I run Bitdefender all updates to windows 10 have been done... oh I updated this systems 2 hours before crash - hadn't happened in 3 weeks I...
  10. Computer randomly freezing with loud buzzing noise

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer randomly freezing with loud buzzing noise: First post here, and hoping to get some help. For about a month or so now, my computer would randomly freeze with a loud buzzing noise coming from my speakers. It seems like it usually happens when I have Chrome up and watching either Twitch or YouTube. The only other thing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. loud buzzing noise windows

2. windows 10 laptop buzzing noise

3. computer speakers loud buzzing

4. lenovo makes load buzzing sound and is delayed,
  5. loud buzzing sound on laptop