Windows 10: Loud laptop fan noise

Discus and support Loud laptop fan noise in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an Asus laptop and it's a quite old model. It originally had a hdd and I changed it to ssd. It did improve the performance speed but the fan is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LilyYek, Dec 15, 2019.

1. LilyYek Win User

Loud laptop fan noise

I have an Asus laptop and it's a quite old model. It originally had a hdd and I changed it to ssd. It did improve the performance speed but the fan is making louder noise than hdd. The laptop also heat up faster especially the palm rest. The air come out from the cooling fan has a high temperature. I didn't use it to play games or other things that require high usage of cpu and gpu. Is this normal for ssd?

:)

LilyYek, Dec 15, 2019

2. Fan noise

Are there any problems with the fan noise? IS it loud or can you hear it at all? I currently have the Lenovo Yoga 920 and the fan is so loud!!! I need one with no fan noise or very very very quite noise.

[ Moved from: Surface / Surface Laptop / Power, battery, and performance ]

Elizabeth190811, Dec 15, 2019
  3. yourdavid Win User
    FAN making extremely loud noise

Loud laptop fan noise [​IMG]

My Asus F555LJ's fan all of a sudden makes an extremely loud noise. Ive cleaned out the fan (there was alot of buildup of dust which was cleared). But its still making the exact same loud noise. Can someone please help me

yourdavid, Dec 15, 2019
  4. Loud laptop fan noise

computer fan

• Carefully blow out the dust from all the vents on the sides and underneath.
    • Only use laptops on hard surfaces without any coverings on that surface.
    • If it is a rattle / clicking type noise then it will need a Technician to replace the fan and completely clean out any dust / hair or other debris that may be trapped within the laptops casings and fan assembly.

Frank N St31n, Dec 15, 2019
Thema:

Loud laptop fan noise

1. Loud laptop fan noise - Similar Threads - Loud laptop fan

2. Loud fan noise after latest windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loud fan noise after latest windows update: Hi , I hope you are well.Since the latest update executed yesterday 08 November 2023, my laptop fan is going at full speed for no reason. CPU is fine, internal temperature is fine, i've just cleaned both fans to get that sorted too and yet the noise keeps on going. My laptop...
  3. Loud fan noise after latest windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Loud fan noise after latest windows update: Hi , I hope you are well.Since the latest update executed yesterday 08 November 2023, my laptop fan is going at full speed for no reason. CPU is fine, internal temperature is fine, i've just cleaned both fans to get that sorted too and yet the noise keeps on going. My laptop...
  4. laptop fan makes noise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop fan makes noise: I have a 4 year old laptop; The laptop fan makes noise. What could be the problem?My processor is IntelR CoreTM i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-fan-makes-noise/c5fc6092-046c-41b0-9749-d4a4b896f053
  5. laptop fan makes noise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop fan makes noise: I have a 4 year old laptop; The laptop fan makes noise. What could be the problem?My processor is IntelR CoreTM i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-fan-makes-noise/c5fc6092-046c-41b0-9749-d4a4b896f053
  6. Laptop fan making loud noise

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop fan making loud noise: I bought a brand new microsoft go laptop around 2 weeks ago and occassionally the fan makes some noise if there a lot of tabs. This normally wouldn’t bother me but eachtime it is very loud almost like the sound of an airoplane taking off and what is strange is that everytime...
  7. Surface Laptop 3 - loud fan noise?

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Laptop 3 - loud fan noise?: Bought a Surface laptop 3 back in January (15" AMD Ryzen. 8GB Memory. 128GB SSD. Platinum). I only use it for home office stuff (light surfing online, light MS Office word/excel, paying bills, etc). Its been a great laptop until a month ago when started buzzing like a bee...
  8. Very Loud Fan noise

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Very Loud Fan noise: Hi, Today suddenly laptop fan became noisy. To add, it happened at-least 3 times, that the fan noise was very very high for 2 minutes or so. Laptop was working quite well till yesterday, but today even when I login to windows, the fan starts and so is the noise. I reset...
  9. Loud noises

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Loud noises: whenever I turn on my computer it starts making a loud static noise . I cant turn it off until i turn my computer off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loud-noises/d3b5fe5b-02ce-4d42-b5f2-2ddbda803e59
  10. Laptop fan suddenly loud

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop fan suddenly loud: The cpu usage is only high for a short timeafter boot, it is definetely not hot, randomly yesterday it just started to became loud (fairly new laptop) Asus x541u.When i shut down the pc the fan still goes for a bit,any ideas?(it’s not dust) 103801